Mac #8: hot man on the radar

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by talkingtocactus, Dec 1, 2009.

?

mac #8: ???

1. hot man on the radar

19 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. we need more ACTION!

5 vote(s)
    6.6%
  3. taylor girls attack on the locker room

6 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. the Big Apple's boss man

16 vote(s)
    21.1%
  5. we are oatmeal people

10 vote(s)
    13.2%
  6. what a man!

7 vote(s)
    9.2%
  7. New York's hottest CSI

13 vote(s)
    17.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zelda

Zelda Hit and Run

I think it's the part where the ridiculously cute little boy points at the vending machine and Mac goes into daddy mode, telling him he can have the chocolate after he's eaten proper food and told him a story.

2. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

yeah, i love that bit too, it's so adorable, and when he's eating a proper meal with him at the table as well, that's cute :)

3. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

He looked so good in this episode. He smiled a lot and love to see him smiling.

4. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Aw, some lovely pics of Mac. Little Mac is adorable, but big Mac is just so hot and swoon inducing. Also love the pic of him in the blue shirt, the tired, scrumpled one.:drool: Love the pic of Mac with the coffee, he definitely needs a Caution: Hot sign!
    It does seem that he's letting his hair grow a little longer, which is hot. I like Gary with short hair, but not too short, so the way Mac has it now is just right. It looks so touchable, makes me want to run my fingers through it....:devil:
    Jade, your theory about Mac's clothes and his emotional state is very interesting, he does seem to be wearing a lot of black and dark colours this season. I also definitely think that we've seen a definite and continued change in Mac as a character, particularly in emotional terms and in how he is with his team, but I think we've seen that from the beginning of the show, not just this season. The last few seasons (s4 onwards) they seem to have been giving Mac some very meaty and good emotional stuff - 333 (that really messed him up, poor thing.), everything with Reed, Yahrzeit, and the stuff about his father. I really like that as it shows us a softer, more vulnerable side to Mac and really lets Gary strut his acting stuff. (On an OT point, the current storyline with Flack makes me happy for the same reasons about Flack and Eddie Cahill). But we still get the lighter, happier Mac too, which is lovely. I love that Mac's actually an interesting, complex, very real character as well as just being damn fine to look at.

I've really been enjoying s6 of NY so far. Last week was the ep where we find out about Hawkes financial problems. It was really nice to see Mac making the effort to reach out to him rather than getting angry and lecturing him, as he told Stella he was tempted to do. For me that not only shows that Mac is aware of some of his flaws (his tendency to get angry and lecture people when he should maybe listen and try to reach out to them instead) and that he's opening up more. It's not easy for Mac to reach out, as he's not good with the emotional stuff, but so far this season we've seen him try to reach out twice to people (Flack and Hawkes) and I think that shows a big change from the very closed off s1 Mac. I loved that he offered Hawkes his spare room, for someone as private as Mac is, offering his personal space to someone is a big thing, and again it's not something we'd have seen with s1 Mac.
    Hawkes can have the spare room, but I'm sharing Mac's room!:devil:

I also love Necrophilia Americana and 'Daddy Mac'. The vending machine scene and the scene where they're eating a proper meal at the table are both really cute, I love how Mac cuts up Sam's food for him. From the bits we've learned about Mac's own dad, I reckon that there's a little bit of his dad's parenting style in Mac's with Sam - I bet Little Mac had to eat his proper meal before he was allowed any candy!!:lol:

Sorry I haven't been here for a bit, been busy with RL. The weekly doses of new Mac make me very very happy, though. I've not watched any NY DVDs for ages, even the s5 set I got for Christmas, but my plan is to save that for when NY goes on hiatus over the summer, and there's bugger all on tv except for CSI Miami and I need my Mac-fix. At the moment though, there's lots of s6 left, which makes me very happy.
    This Sat it's the x-over with CSI Vegas, I'm really looking forward to seeing Ray and Mac working together. Especially as the trailers show Mac with his gun and in Kevlar.:drool: (OT point - and Ray on a motorcycle, which is cool. I like Ray, but not the same way as I like Mac!)

To UK fans, are you liking those images of CSI NY and Mac they show just before they show an ep of any of the CSIs? There's one where you see New York, Mac, Stella, and Stubbly!Flack and another one where they show different ch5 shows and there's a big moon and Mac with his gun and in Kevlar and Stella with her gun, and a road, and a NY taxicab? Very hot, and it's always nice to get a bit of unexpected Mac-ness. They usually appear just as the ads finish, and the ch5 person says that CSI/CSI NY/NCIS is coming on.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  5. Tequesta

Tequesta Rookie

^^

That trailer sounds AWESOME. Makes me wish that I still lived in the UK...
    Is there a video of it somewhere?

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

YES! i love those ads, they're really cool :) c5 idents are generally quite good actually, they had a really fun one last year for all 3 csis combined with a clip of horatio (i think, i can't remember) asking a question and then various clips of other csis answering various questions (all from within the shows). it ended with that lovely bit of mac from stealing home saying "i'm sorry i asked!" - it was pretty good :)

7. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

*skids in* sorry guys!! i know i've been absent.......it's been a looooooooooong couple weeks at school...:p but spring break starts on fri, so YAYAYAYAY!!!!:hugegrin:

thank you Perl for the new pic! :D i know there's some disgruntlement about mac going out with someone other than stella, but i'm quite looking forward to possibly seeing that somewhat embarrassed, shy, smiley mac :adore::adore: he's so cute when he's like that!! :hugegrin::adore:

[​IMG]

8. sagasimone

sagasimone Victim

9. Remke79

Remke79 Witness

on monday 1 march they air the crossovers here too for 2,5h. i saw funny clips with Laurence and David sitting on the chair and he was imitating horatio: put his sunglasses on and walk away, but the chair felldown lol, david was sexy there with his smile.

10. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i missed that one but c5 definiltely have new idents, even since i last posted! i think they first aired the new one just before the crossover started, and it's been on a few times since. it contains a fantastic shot of mac sitting on one of sid's morgue tables looking at see through documents - he looks lovely :D and another shot of mac is in there too actually, and a few of ray and horatio, as well as catherine, stella and others and also some folks from ncis, flash forward & the mentalist. i'm guessing it was aired with the xover but not created especially for it - the various shows represented suggest it's a more permanent ident.

oh, i found a couple of them:

this is the one we were talking about before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmb85vCAmGY

and this is the newer one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBuG2BOeoY

11. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

i am in love with this ad!!! :D i mean, the whole thing is really cool and quite well done and put together, but regardless, how can you argue with something that gives us these? :luvlove::hugegrin::luvlove:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    me: "yes Detective?!"
    :drool: :devil: :drool: :devil: :drool: :devil: :drool: :devil: :drool: :devil: :drool: :devil: :drool: :devil: :drool: :devil: :drool: :devil: :drool: :devil: :drool: :devil: :drool: :devil: :drool:

[​IMG]

12. Bonasera-Taylor

Bonasera-Taylor Prime Suspect

love the second pic in ya post

13. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Jade, thanks for the nice pics!
    :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

14. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

Jade, i am too, and you can't! i confess i'm a teeny bit sad and have to pause/rewind them *every* time they're on (and it's pretty often).... he really does look fantastic in them. thanks for capping them, i'd not quite got that far yet ;)

15. Tequesta

Tequesta Rookie

I like this one, I do :drool::drool:
    that new advert is SOO cool. And the effects are just awesome :thumbsup:-Channel Five sure does go all out on their adverts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.