CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

Well, to be honest I don't remember Gillian that much. I mean I know who she was and all, but as for her personality, that I cannot recall. I guess she just didn't make that much of an impact on me personally. :lol: I really hope that Aubrey is nothing like Peyton though. :lol:

I stated previously that I don't care much about Mac's love life one way or another, but if this match up turns out well on screen, then I'm fine with it. It's the other woman part that worries me. :lol: If it's Stella, then I'll be okay (though I feel that it'll be too soon in terms of seasons not in terms of the characters/scenarios to put Mac and Stella together romantically). But I'm worried that it could be Peyton. Though I agree with someone earlier who said if it is Peyton they're doing a great job of keeping Claire Forlani's return underwraps. :lol:

Yep, exactly. A handshake can be seen as a friendly greeting by some viewers, but if others happen to ship those two characters then it can become "omg they touched hands". :lol: Its very subjective. :lol:

Well said. I agree 100%. :)

All I can say about this Aubrey woman is that I hope its a good thing for Mac. What I mean is, I hope she doesn't go psycho like Stella's boyfriend that time. I kind of liked him until he went all Norman Bates on her. :lol: Just like I liked Peyton until the note incident. I feel the writers did that character a great disservice by having her end things that way. They could have had Mac return to NY and tell Stella, Danny, Flack, whomever that "Peyton and I broke things off" and then a brief explanation. Having her send him a note breaking up with him just painted the character in a really bad light. I find myself cringing now whenever I see an old ep with Peyton on it. :lol:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  2. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

I'm still rooting for Mac and Stella!!!:thumbsup::drool::p...Funny how this ship stirs people up!!!

3. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ I think the stirring-up stands for every ship on the face of the planet. ;) Certainly in the CSI franchise.

4. Flackhoney

Flackhoney Hit and Run

I don't know if this has already been said(sorry if it has) but according to a site (i don't think i can say) Reed is in the Pot of Gold episode!:):hugegrin::luvlove:

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yep, he'll be there. I'm looking forward to his return. :)

Spoilers are out for the next one:

6.20 "Unusual Suspects"

I'll be back with more information. :)

ETA:
    6.20 "Unusual Suspects":

~ A 14-year-old boy (Nicky) is shot in an alleyway while his 10-year-old brother (Sam) looks on. Sam says a man saw the Rolex Nicky was wearing and shot him for it - the watch belonged to their father, and he gave it to Nicky before he died.

~ I can't tell for sure, but it appears that Mac is out with Aubrey (Mädchen Amick's character) and they're nearby when this happens because she comes up when the paramedics are working on Nicky (while Mac goes over to Sam) - one of the paramedics comments on her being out of the ER. She rides in the ambulance with Nicky.

~ Flack develops a good relationship with Sam. He's the one who helps clean the blood off the little boy's hands and takes his blood-stained shirt for evidence (giving him a small NYPD t-shirt in its place). He spends a lot of time with Sam during the course of the investigation, trying to help him figure out who shot his brother.

~ Sid is there - he goes to the hospital to look at Nicky's wounds and talks to Mac. Lindsay is also mentioned, so Adam seems to be the odd man out this week.

~ Also, before anyone asks: There is no mention of Shane Casey or any of that in the spoilers. It could still be there, of course, but there was nothing that I saw.
    Flack with a little boy? *grabs sides* I think my ovaries just exploded. :p

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  6. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Thank you Fay! :D

Awwwww a 14-years-old boy called Nicky! :D:D :D :D

I am glad. All episodes with kids have been great :D

So bad Doctor! The ER waiting for you and you were out. Bad! Bad! :D

An affair must not interfere in your job darling ;)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

There's no evidence she's slacking in her job. The paramedics could be commenting on how the only time they see her is in the ER and it's strange to see her elsewhere. In fact it sounds to me like she's off duty and on a date with Mac and she chooses to ride in the ambulance to help the little boy.

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

nel2h, please resize your signature banner to 220x75, so that it fits with the board guidelines. Thank you.

Oooh, ep 20 sounds good! Flack with a little kid--that sounds sweet. I love that Flack is getting lots of good stuff this season. :cool:

9. wildcat

wildcat Witness

Well noticed. :lol::lol:
    May be it's his new date of the day? :p

:guffaw:Well, she looks okay in the first and third pic, but as far as the second one goes.....gargoyle came to my mind. :wtf: They certainly could have chosen a bit more flattering shot. :p

And I'm rooting against her and for Stella. :p :lol: And? ;) What's the discussion?

GNRF, you don't have to apologize. Everybody is entitled to his/her opinion. :) - It just seems that as soon as somebody here is suspected in supporting a certain ship, a massive attack of the opposants is launched. :lol: Besides, you were absolutely clear the first time around. :cool:

I would say the same thing, though a bit differently - IMHO, for now, from these first pics, they just don't look like they belong together.:p In the first one Mac looks kind of tense, sitting like he swallowed a long stick. :lol:

You are absolutely right. :thumbsup: I like very much how you express different POVs - very weighted and well formulated. :) Thanks a lot!

Indeed, up to now M/S relationship on screen has been very platonic. No steamy explicit scenes whatsoever. :p So, all those who dismiss subtle hints like looks, touches etc and accept only explicit sexual behavior as the proof of romantic feelings, don't see anything but friendship. Those who look deeper and are willing to speculate about the implied meaning of subtle jests are seeing friendship AND some special closeness, complicity, interest, feelings,- a promise of possible future development of romantic relationship.:) Even if right now there is no "canon", inconroversible proof of that. :p

A question to those who see only friendship there. Especially those from the US. ;) - How often does your boss hold your hand? :eek: I assume that you kiss him on the cheek from time to time and hug him regularily in plain view of your office and he does not object? :wtf: Does he hug you and kiss on the temple on some occasions? ;) How often do you take off some parts of your boss' clothing in the office? :eek: :lol: Funny, eh? :guffaw:
    Don't you agree that Stella gets away with lots of things which are not allowed to anybody else? ;) :cool: Notice that all the actions are directed toward one person though all the CSIs in the lab are friends. :p

I like very much the POV that the writers keep their options open for the development of this ship by throwing into their friendship here and there some hints of something else. :thumbsup:

Oh, we already have seen the same setup with Peyton. :scream: Could not they be a bit more original? :rolleyes:

Sweet. :thumbsup: :drool: Flack with a little boy.... Just as long as it does not become too sappy. :lol:

10. PerfectAnomaly

I personally see Mac/Stella as extremely close friends or at times even brother/sister. More intimate gestures and closeness would absolutely happen between very close friends or siblings. And by "intimate" I obviously don't mean sexual. All non-shippers don't need to have overtly sexual content to "see" a romantic connection just as I'm sure all shippers don't assume every single interaction between two characters somehow shows a romantic link between the two.

11. wildcat

wildcat Witness

Well, they are NOT siblings. And yes, I agree with you that there would be more close contacts between close friends. But in this case it's still overboard, way more than you'd normally see even between close friends.
    And that's not by chance I mentioned the US above - the accepted norms are very different in different countries. For example, if they were in France, all these cheek pecks and hugs would be considered "nothing special, quite normal" (even though there the kisses go in pairs :lol:). But in the North America the office ethics is more prudish, there it's "too much" for the opposite sex friends in the workplace.

12. PerfectAnomaly

I'm fully aware they are not siblings. What I was getting at is that IMO their interactions and chemistry often remind me of that of a brother and sister relationship. I personally don't think their contact is "overboard" for two people who have been close friends and colleagues for over 10 years.

As far as North America goes, what you're basically saying is there's no way for a male and female to be close and show any type of affection for one another unless it is romantic. It makes no sense that it'd be OK for them to show affection and closeness in the work place if they were romantically involved but not OK to show affection and closeness in the work place if they're just close friends or have a sibling-like relationship.

That is simply not true and it's one of the main reasons I don't want a Mac/Stella relationship on the show. Men and Women can be openly affectionate and caring toward each other without being romantically involved and I think it would be a step in the right direction for a TV show to have the two leads have that kind of relationship without the "inevitable hookup" most shows go with - mostly toward the end of the show's run.

13. mulder8scullly5

mulder8scullly5 Prime Suspect

It is Eriq La Salle!!! Glad to see him back on TV! I honestly thought he was directing this episode. He looks like he's directing. Haha!

Or is he? :confused::lol:

Can't wait for the new episodes!

14. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

i'm going to start by getting off my chest, that while i ultimately i do ship smacked, i am first a 'Taylor Girl' and like GregNickRyanFan, didn't have a problem with peyton until that horrible underhanded note incident, and i don't have a problem with this new girl until/if she also does something evil to my mac! :shifty: i would like stella and mac to get together eventually, but until then, the man deserves to have fun! ;)

right, so, not only am i from the US, but i have been working in first response as a medic for nearly 6 years, so i'm going to address this whole issue of mac and stella's friendship from some personal experience and observation. PerfectAnomaly, i think you're pretty close!

you have to remember that they weren't always on a boss/subordinate basis. they were partners, and mac wasn't always the head of the crime lab. in fact, as sketchy as the 'official' timeline (yes i realize that's an oxymoron :p) is, it's really likely to assume his promotion to that position was just prior to s1. now, when people work together as partners in a high stress situation such as law enforcement, there is a certain level of trust and familiarity which develops simply by virtue of necessity. you have, and have to know you have, each other's back. you have to, and become able to communicate without ever speaking. you are with each other for 12+ hours at least 4 days/wk. you know how each other thinks. this most basic level of camaraderie develops whether you actually like each other or not. believe me, i've worked with people who didn't like on a personal level, but still met all the above mentioned aspects... but if you become friends with each other on top of developing that intrinsic trust and understanding, it really is something quite special, unique and powerful. you confide things to each other that you wouldn't dream of doing to anybody else. you are totally and completely comfortable with each other, having shared experiences, emotions, events and witnessed things which others can't possibly relate to. and i can totally understand how people who have never experienced such a relationship or witnessed it, can misinterpret it as a romantic one. to me, being in EMS/first response, and fortunate enough to have had a couple of partners like that, i totally see that in mac and stella's relationship. despite his title, they'll always be the partners they were before he got it. and while such relationships can definitely turn romantic (which i hope it does in the end ;)), it's not an automatic given, just because. especially since clearly they had developed their friendship/bond while he was still married. so yes, stella does get away with loads of stuff which nobody else could, and yes, he is not a typical boss with her. but it is much more easily explained in the context of their past work relationship as opposed to romance.

ok, that got rather long :p, but i've been dying to address this issue/facet as, like i said, i'm in the business so to speak, and hate it when their relationship is downgraded when spoken of in non-romantic terms. believe me, being able to trust someone with your life, implicitly and unreservedly and quite literally, is in a way, more special and rare than 'love'.

15. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

Spread the love everyone:luvlove: After all we are all fans of the show. I do own a business and I hug and kiss my workers all the time. I give them rides home, gifts for their birthday's and buy them dinner once a week. ( gosh Iam a good boss :adore:) and yet there is nothing romantic between any of us.:lol: Just for the record Stella has hugged and kissed most of her coworkers on the cheeck. Example- Don, Mac, Danny and Sheldon. (spread the love, that's my motto:luvlove:) In fact the only one she hasn't hugged or shown affection too was Adam. (guess she was saving that for home. ) :drool: So I say to you all, Smackies and Adella fan's alike let's respect each other's thoughts and opinions enjoy our time on the boards and remember to spread the love:luvlove::hugegrin::angel:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.