"Spellbound" Discussion **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 1, 2006.

1. nickstokesfan

nickstokesfan Coroner

Exactly my feelings about Greg, Baba. (Well, except that I hate his hair and you love it!) :lol:

2. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

I actually recognize the girls. The ep might have been Strip Strangler from Season 1. I'm not sure though. Or was it Ch-Ch-Changes... All I know is that there has been an ep like that one. (eta: the ep was Evaluation Day)

As for the Wallace case, I have no idea where that came from...

3. lilbug

lilbug CSI Level Two

I have mixed feelings about this episode.

I love that fact that Grissom and Greg were back. Greg is so cute and his comments crack me up. Grissom on the other hand is awesome but to me he seems to be becoming kinda tired or something. He's not as enthusiastic about his work as he once was. "Spellbound" made this even more prominent in my opinion.

Although i love all the Grissom and Greg moments i miss all the others! What happened to Sara? Did she fall off the face of the earth or did she just take a day off? I also miss Nick. Catherine going to Disneyland? That's pretty cool. I want to see her picture on "Splash Mountain"! It least she will get to spend some "quality time" with Lindsey and her family.

As for the case it was okay. I got very confused with all the names of the people. All I've got to say is poor handicapped dog! Was the dog's name Sneakers?

BTW, i love the flirting with Wendy and Greg. tehhe

4. kimaken

kimaken Lab Technician

5. Kristen9999

Kristen9999 CSI Level One

I think its ironic. Last week ppl were complaining about no Grissom or Greg...this week no Sara or Nick, or Cath.

Its been mentioned a half a dozen times they are doubleing up on filming towards the end...so yes..one week we'll see a couple of CSIs centered and the next wekk a switch.

It'll be like that till the ender, I fear, but at least everyone gets to see thier favs over a course of a month.

6. Sandersgal4lyfe

Sandersgal4lyfe Lab Technician

This episode was fantastic!

But...the digging scene. Where they were trying to find the missing wife. The scene where they found the skeleton. It reminded me tooo much of Grave Danger. The searching, finding, and digging. To similar. IMHO, not really cool at all.

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I loved it- from beginning to end-and no doubt WP is the star of this show- his so in control and sure of him self- :p :p very appealing right on- :p I think this is the most he's been featured since "JACKPOT" and his intereaction with Greg fantastic- they so don't understand each other- but try- Greg always trying to please him and Grissoms facial expressions like " WHAT"-at Greg's random comments- it's cute-sweet and humorous---Brass back-yipee and Doc- and Warrick --the story was good but the intereaction with Gris & Greg stole the show- :eek:

8. ford_prefect

ford_prefect CSI Level Two

I asked this before, but no one answered. Would anyone mind transcribing the last like two lines of the episode? My station cut to a commercial for a couple of seconds and I missed the very very end. It would be greatly appreciated. :)

Also, I agree with nick and Baba about Greg. I feel pretty much the same way about his character at the moment.

9. nickstokesfan

nickstokesfan Coroner

Well, from what I remember, Greg was telling Grissom that people could have faith and still be scientists -- basically trying to point out that science and faith don't have to be mutually exclusive, I guess. Grissom agreed but then added that while you could have both faith and science, faith isn't science -- i.e. they're not the same thing, and each has their place.

I know that was an interpretation more than a transcription but... that's what I remember. :)

10. Sirea

Sirea CSI Level One

Well, it was Albert Einstein who said "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." ;)

11. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

For Ford:

Grissom shows Greg a passage from the book entitled "Death" and Greg reads a passage referring to "summerland", and not being able to "cross-over"- presumably to "the other side".

Grissom: Sedona said Claire Wallace was in summerland. Not buried in Summerlin

Greg: What's 'summerland'?

Grissom: Pagans believe it's a mystical place where souls go to rest before they re-incarnate.

Greg: So Jamison heard 'Summerlin'?

Grissom: Because he was desperate to solve the case. Then when Wallace heard 'Summerlin', he assumed Sedona was the real deal.

Greg: The power of suggestion...

12. ford_prefect

ford_prefect CSI Level Two

Thanks so much nick and Baba. :D As it turns out I only missed Greg's very last line, which is about what I thought, but it was bugging me.

13. gregsandersfan

gregsandersfan Pathologist

I have a question: Did the psychic actually foresee her death? Because the "signs" she had mentioned were right, weren't they?

14. Barbarella

Barbarella Lab Technician

I think they left that answer up to the viewers to answer. To Greg's point of view, he believed that she forsaw her own death. Grissom seemed to think that it was merely the power of suggestion and that people were just seeing and hearing what they wanted to.

15. nickstokesfan

nickstokesfan Coroner

Oops, sorry, Ford. I was remembering a whole other conversation as the being the last things said. :)

By the way, I know this is off-topic again but this thread is probably dying down anyway and we WERE discussing it here...

I was watching some early Season 5 last night and I MUCH preferred Greg then. As he was doing his best to become a CSI and was really taking his job seriously, he sparkled. There was a vulnerability about him, a depth to the emotions in his eyes... oh yeah, and much cuter hair. ;) From the few interviews I've seen with Eric Szmanda, he seems shy in real life. I'm not sure how he manages to play the role of such a funny guy but I wonder if the more subdued Greg is more like Eric, and so he plays that better. His emotions in the latter half of this season all seem to be on the same level.

Or maybe I just don't like his hair. :lol: