CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

Mac is too correct to begin a relation with Lindsay. And Peyton is also not realistic. She has cleared him coldly by letter. And she has no time. She turns always many films. With Stella this is not possible. Then the series would be to end.

2. Hanbee

Hanbee Victim

Hi, I'm kinda new here so if I do something wrong could someone tell me :) I don't really think Mac's new love interest could seriously be Lindsay. It wouldn't make sense in a way. The writers go out of their way to get D/L together only to shock us all by getting Lindsay together with Mac? I think Stella is more likely, but only if they handle it the way they did with Grissom/Sarah.

3. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

dude if Lindsay was his new love interest..... i would petition for this show to end. if there was anything remotely going on b/t Mac and Lindsay it would have been when she first came on in season 2 but that's it. she really has nothing but admiration for him.

Mac and his lady loves.... he's had so many interests that have fit really well for him and it's a shame they never lasted.

oh man if Mac hooks up with Stella i would be happy but to me they seem like just good friends.

4. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^For the record, I'd gladly take Mac/Lindsay over any of the current options, canon or otherwise :lol::p But I think a Mac-centric love triangle is likely to be a jump-the-shark moment no matter who the second female is, so I'm still throwing my guess behind either Peyton or Stella. I don't think the fact that Peyton dumped him with just a letter means it couldn't be her -- so far, she's the only female other than Claire that we've actually seen Mac have strong romantic feelings for. She'd make more sense than Stella, at this point.

5. MelinaStellaFan

MelinaStellaFan Hit and Run

but lindsay married danny and they got a kid lucy and mac the godfather i like to see more mac/stella and peyton wit someone else.

6. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

gotta agree, in that the nature of the PV comment is likely to stir shit up until episodes start airing again, with spoilers leading folks to go where the show doesn't hafta, and likely (hopefully) never will. :p

*oo! USA 1 / CAN 0...*

:lol: :p

Aw. :lol:. While I agree about Flack & Angell at least, and Danny/Rikki, it's not about "hot" for me, so much as believable. :lol: (And I can't say that the omitted "younger" D/L does anything for me other than compel a bucket on both fronts :p).

What I am hoping for is that a relationship could be a way to push Mac into being a more interesting character again. I'm hoping a push on the personal level could do what cases they tried to tie into his family history (ie. cancer) did not manage. The bit about racing was fun but hardly weighty. In personal terms, Peyton was good for him, and the introduction of Reed was good for him. A new romantic relationship could be (could have been? :p) enough to nudge him in that direction, even (and possibly especially) without a triangle crux, (and a relationship potentially rushed to accomodate that particular set up).

I was also thinking that this could be something to evolve him or open him up that could happen in a background kind of way. What I mean is, the second the writers ever give Mac anything substantial, and overtly so, there will be an inevitable "it's all about Mac" rumbling bruha; this arc could possibly be beneficial to his character in a way that doesn't necessarily overshadow anything or anyone else.

(...Unless of course the triangle they write up is done up so crappily it becomes a bermudaesque vortex...:p)

My initial response to that aspect of the spoiler was that it seems rather unnecessary, but who knows how it will turn out on screen, and that I tend to get a sense of dread when NY Ambitiously Tries Really Hard to make things !Even !More !Interesting Wif !Mondo !High !Stakes... Not so blery keen on a wuv triangle :rolleyes::lol: In and of itself that screeeeeams Soap far more than simply giving a character a personal life needs to for what it could do for the show. (Sheesh, NY).

Notwithstanding it's gonna be "!Shocking" :p. Meh. Me and PV, more often than not, in matching up her comments with what actually airs, I keep thinking we don't understand words in quite the same way; I keep hearing whassisname from Princess Bride in my head, saying, "that word, I do not think it means ...what you think it means."

*oo! USA 1 / CAN 1*

I'm looki-

*OO!! USA 2 / CAN 1*

jesuzchrist :lol:

FA were definitely among the best in terms of outright chemistry, and Danny/Rikki had an undeniable connection, but not one I would say was wholly "sexy" or had chemistry in quite the same way (they were, but what drew them together was not inevitable sexiness finding like sexiness, if that makes sense, it was a sideways step from other very strong emotions sparked by Reuben's death).

S3 was a good one in general for Mac, and that was in part due how the personal side of his life was handled and integrated into the show. I believed FA, I believed Danny/Rikki, and I believed Mac/Peyton. DL? Never got it. Still don't believe that whut it iz dey got is a Tru Wuv Everlasting.

I'm looking for some connection that works that adds a little flavor to the cases yet hidden within NY's ongoing OoShiny/Sparkle Obsession and avoids teetering into the realm of a nite time soap. If handled well, this, and Sheldon's still-rumoured relationship-to-be could be good for the characters and the realm of the show. If handled poorly, they'll further cement the backsliding the show's suffered over the past few seasons, barring the few intermittent excellent episodes they continue to tease me with. Just wish they could get it all together. :lol: God what an exasperating show :lol:.

(GSR, I'd kinda fallen away from Vegas by the time anything really happened with them, and EC, well, I never really got them, to be honest, :lol:, but eh, evs, Miami is not a show I follow. As for teh Mighty H, I cannot even think of him in a relationship of any sort and keep a straight face. I can't. I just can't. :lol:).

...NoooOOOooOo :(

Sigh. :p. That would be huuuugely disappointing. Five years, people. Five. Count 'em. But he'll at least have had his Madoff-type ep and what sounds like a solid and exciting episode in the prison that will delve a little deeper into his personal life. Hope it's not all about setting up Casey for the finale, and that Hawkes actually gets his due.

Would partly depend on who was cast opposite Hill, but I do recall the interview done here with him and his take on a romance for Sheldon. That could have heat fer sure :lol:. Being repetive I know, but above all I'm just looking for believable, and well written, and not drama for drama's sake. Be it for Hawkes - and I do hope that storyline hasn't been lost in the seasonal shuffle - or for Mac, or for any of the others in future. Unfortunately, with the snippet about a triangle, I think NY is looking for melodrama. In a way I'm surprised they did give out that tidbit spoiler (and on the other hand, so not :lol:). Mebbe Hawkes is better off to wait until they get that out of their system before they write him anything, given the darkness that has surrounded most of his personal material to this point.

Given early comments by the producers a character I'm also thinking should get some sort of attention (and not necessarily in the vein of romance), is Stella. Frankly, schtupping Adam and storming into a courtroom, moments that total less than 3 minutes airtime, do not constitute a great season for her character, or equate with someone vitally changed by events of the past season. Mebbe the later eps will give her a bit more to do too, with (another) near-death incident in store and all.

*oOoOO!* USA 2 / CAN 2. Took awhile, but it's turning into a decent game, in spite of all the hype. Wow but that building is jumping.

After five years I should hope he gets a little loving somewheres :p.

Of course, I'm assuming that Sheldon's moved out of Mac's den and has his own place now, thus facilitating the fact that each could comfortably engage in having a romantic relationship :p.

*OOO! USA 3 / CAN 2. Cracker of a game now. :p.

...aaaaaaand there it is. So. ...Shane Casey will be a part of the finale. Which will also be a cliffhanger. :shifty::vulcan: O gee. No, not foreseeable at all, that :rolleyes::p. Well, if you're gonna go to the trouble of re-treading an old villain, might as well wring every single last nano iotic drop of anything and everything remotely good that the show can coast on from his two-ep run several seasons ago...

And I've somehow envisioned the whole thing in my head, while shaking it at the same time. Imagine the worst, and mebbe what really comes won't be so bad... :lol:

...just hoping, lord hoping, I find myself surprised instead, and that it's done well. NY tends to pull out the stops more for most of their finales, mebbe this will rank among their better ones.

*Whoa!* USA 4 / CAN 2. Third is flagging now, but I sense a seismic disturbance developing... :p

...lured and then protected by the same guy? So sounds like death row fella isn't part of Casey's plan, lures Sheldon due a personal agenda what with Hawke's sister, which is then compromised by Casey's agenda and chaos ensues? ...Curious. :p Should be a good one.

Nothing like a recipe with social dregs. Great way to use up leftovers...

Vendetta against Hawkes personally, or Danny, or the whole team? Especially if the ep is also a way to set up the finale?

*Holy crap!* USA 4 / CAN 3. Three mins left. Hoo boy. What a game. ;) Add an empty netter. Aaaaand, it's over. Was a good one, prelim or no.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  7. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

8. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

Here is what I read on another forum IT CAN'T BE TRUE:scream::scream::scream::scream:

as I don't really know if I'm right to put it here please don't hesitate to delete it if it's not OK

So there I was, stuck in traffic, sorta listening to the mindless chatter of two nitwits who have
    a radio show on shoz biz when my attention got caught by the mentioning of Eddie Cahill.
    Mind you, this is Mexico City and Eddie is not what you'd consider a household name, so
    I turned on the volume just to get the shock of my life:
    "A new lawyers series starring that cute cop from CSI NY"
    "After having his g/f brutally killed at the end of last season and going rogue for a good
    part of this one, his character will end up self-destroying for the current season finale"
    "Cahill's contract is up and already's been cast as the main character for a new layer show;
    pilot is currently being filmed, but it won't be until May when it'll be decided if it goes on
    air or not"
    "No comment has been made as to whether Cahill will remain on the CSI NY show or not
    if the pilot doens't get a green light"
    I don't know where these girls get their info from, or how accurate their sources usually
    are (I don't usually listen to them, as I don't actually live in Mexico City) but...

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

9. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

I think that it really is to take with pairs of tweezers this kind of news!
    It can be true as a brainwashing!
    I would be surprised knowing that for once that his character becomes interesting and that we dedicate it more place in the show, I would be surprised by this decision of Eddie!
    I believe that we are possible that to wait for the fallout from this information, it will make fast the tour of internet.
    I hope for my part that he will not leave the show!

10. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

It can't be true! I refuse to believe that!!! :cardie::scream::scream::scream::scream:

11. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

As much as I like Eddie Cahill and his character, it wouldn't surprise me a bit to see him in a more prominant role in another show. He is a very talented actor and it would be wonderful to see him in a more complex role than the cop assigned to the CSI unit. There's really no place for him to advance in CSI:NY and with his new family he may want a larger role (larger salary) and the opportunity to stretch himself.

I'll definitely miss him if he leaves, but will also definitely follow him to a new series if he moves.

12. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

If it’s true, I’ll most likely start following that new show too, ‘cause I’ll be curious; and there’s no denying that it would be a good opportunity for Eddie Cahill to further his career, so I can’t resent that. But CSI:NY would be painful without Flack on a number of different levels, so I’m crossing my fingers that there’s nothing to get worked up over. Plenty of actors juggle several big projects while still working on TV shows (Katherine Heigl and her movies, Jen Aniston and her movies during Friends; AJ Buckley’s supposed to be starring as the lead in a new web series this year too, right? But he’s not leaving. I know being the lead in a tv series is probably different, but still.)

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Eddie Cahill should totally be the lead in a show--much as I think it would be a huge loss to NY, career-wise it could be a good move for Cahill. If this is true it will probably show up in the trades this week; if not, it's probably just a rumor, or someone got Eddie mixed up with another actor.

14. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

I meant that Eddie said in an interview that he wouldn't leave the show until they ended it, or they didn't want him there anymore. :confused:

Dear Mr. Cahill,

DON'T LEAVE, ME LUVZ U <3333 (even though you deserve a main character role)

15. Hanbee

Hanbee Victim

Maybe he's doing both jobs. Actors juggle roles all the time. Flack isn't a character who appears the most, so maybe he can do both.
    Still, it could be a good move for Eddie, it could get him noticed a bit more :) But that doesn't mean he won't be missed on CSI:NY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.