William/Grissom: Of CSI & Beyond #14

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Aug 21, 2009.

1. gilsgal

gilsgal Lab Technician

Thanks for posting these Dee. I've seen them before , of course, but always worth another watch. I think there's 4 or 5 of them in total.

I really wish that TPTB would put out a REAL bloopers DVD some time or at least include some in the special features section of the season DVDs. I mean the ones on You-tube are good, but the quality isn't all that great.
    I love seeing Billy just being himself :)

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

That's a good idea gilsgal it would take the edge off of the gruesomness of CSI. I'd never seen them before:confused: He's got a great sense of humor:lol:

3. gilsgal

gilsgal Lab Technician

Des: His sense of humour is one of the things I love about Billy. He's just such a "guy" but there's also a sense of real joy that rolls off him when he's joking around...lol :luvlove:

4. Desertwind

Yes indeed gilsgal your right on target, he so needs to make a return visit, PLEASE Billy come back to us:( soon..I think he'll surprise us and do this, he knows how popular he is, and that's so tempting:thumbsup:

5. Desertwind

6. britfan

britfan Pathologist

Happy Birthday, Billy! When are you going to pop out from your shell so we can have a cheeky look at you again??

7. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

No kidding. Hey chuck, long time no see. :lol:

Yes, a very Happy Birthday to Billy. Enjoy your day. :hugegrin:

8. gilsgal

gilsgal Lab Technician

Billy really has been keeping a low profile. I thought we'd be hearing something considering "End Game" starts in April, but he's been flying under the radar.

However, WPAP does have a few pics from the Sheila Kar Health Foundation Charity Fundraiser in the Gallery.
    It's great to see he's still out there ...lol. I do wish whoever is doing his hair would let the curls grow in a bit though. I don't like his brushed, flat, straight hair. :wtf: Otherwise he looks wonderful!!! :lol:

So is there anyone from this board going to see Billy in "End Game" this year? I know that Crim86 and CSI_4 have now decided not to go because of school, etc.

9. Rocky11

Rocky11 CSI Level One

Maybe I go in my dreams :lol: Its to far for me :(

10. Desertwind

NAH, I'm not really into seeing him anymore, was deeply hurt and disappointed that he choose to leave CSI:( I'd rather see Laurence Fishburne at the NAACP awards in Hollywood. And I think his hair is awful, he look's 80 years old. But that's great for those who are going to see him.And thank's for the nw caps gilsgal~

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  11. britfan

britfan Pathologist

Hello, Ladyhunter! Nice to hear from you again!

I had been toying with the idea of going to see Endgame, but it's too expensive to see a play I don't really like. Not fussed for Samuel Beckett. I'll enjoy Vegas and the CSI Experience at the MGM Grand in April and have my Billy fix there this year! But I'll be reading the reviews and wishing good luck to all those trying to get to meet him.

I like the flat hair - but it looks wrong without the beard! If he's keeping the flat hair, he needs a beard. Curly hair is better thought! Growl!

12. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Yeah, Ash & I have decided we're not going..I was originally planning to go with her & another Billy fan/friend of mine, but in the end, we decided the play itself isn't worth it for us...I mean, I read some of Endgame and it confused me, seemed boring (no offense, Billy!) and just not worth it to see him sitting the entire time..I think Blackbird was a phenomenal experience and WELL worth going for, but I'm passing it up this year. Probably will make a few day trip to Chicago with my other bud, but that's about it.

13. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Gosh, it's been awhile since I've been in here.:eek: Yeah, as you've noticed, we've decided not to hit Endgame. It's not so much that the play doesn't interest me, it's just that I'm not sure this will be a very versatile role for him. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he'll be great in it, but the physical side seems limited. I love to watch him working the stage. Hopefully, something else comes up soon. Don't worry, my love for Billy still remains.:D Besides, where else would it go? lol.

14. britfan

britfan Pathologist

Yeah, I get what you mean. As soon as I read 'Blackbird,' I knew that that was the play for us to go to America to see. The contrast of characters, emotions, morals... it had to be good. And the physicality of it. Ranting, shouting, trashing the place. It read really well. Beckett doesn't. Billy has quite a dominant presence on stage and it will be harder to see that through Hamm. It'll need to be a vocal, spiritual, mental performance. He will do it brilliantly, but it can't tempt me over the Atlantic this time.

If it's a guide, 'Endgame,' opened in the West End before Christmas. It closed within two weeks due to poor reviews and lack of bums on seats. Maybe it's one of the 'arty' gambles Billy likes to take?

15. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Yeah, my bud (the one we were going to meet up with in Chicago) told me the other day that her daughter said (daughter lives in Chicago) that Steppenwolf is already offering discounts on tickets...they're not selling nearly as well as they had anticipated...surprise, surprise...LOL Not that I don't wish Billy & everyone the best- I hope their shows end up selling out, but the play itself kinda sucks..anyway, interesting that happened...