**Spoiler Lab** S8 - Check Out What's On The Horizon!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

From your post to tptb eyes. I'm really hoping for that too. I'd love the two to have a decent friendship or at least co-exist peacefully in the workplace. :lol:

I don't mind Adam/Eric returning at all... I'm just worried about how this particular set of writers is going to do on balancing screentime with so many characters (if they keep all of the news in addition to the originals from Season 3/4 and on- I say originals from Season 3/4 because Ryan and Natalia didn't join until Season 3 and 4 and respectfully). Tptb haven't been that great on balancing screentime (though they have done better this season than in the past, so I will give them credit for that). Maybe it'll be okay and we're all worrying for nothing. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :) I don't really mean to be so glum sometimes, but all this change just makes me a little nervous. I can't help it. :lol:

I agree wholeheartedly with you on that. :)

I still don't like the idea of episode 20. It just sounds too weird even for this show. :lol: But maybe it'll go better than it sounds. :lol:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'm just sick of being dicked around. Ever since Khandi left there's been team members and recurring labrats come & go like crazy -- it does nothing to show that this is solid team when tptb keep shuffling characters around like this. ME's dead, ME's addicted & goes off to jail, lab tech is a thief, CSI half dead leaves & then comes back, what's next? A CSI who's a serial killer just for the sake of needing to get rid of someone? Seriously, they need to get thier shit together -- I can't stand the feeling of a disjointed team with characters coming & going & coming again -- it does nothing but make me feel that TPTB have no idea what they're doing from one season to the next -- it's sloppy!

RE: spoilers -- are we only going to get spoiler details when it pertains to Eric or e/c? Cause there seems to be alot of episodes in between that are missing in this thread. Plotlines & casting calls have been it, but wait, when there's E/C involved it suddenly comes to the board in full detail. Gee thanks.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

No word yet. If she were leaving the show, I'm sure they'd keep that as quiet as possible for as long as possible.

4. hahagirl

hahagirl Hit and Run

That obviously means the writers and producers like him. They could have easily said "no, sorry. too late."

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^ I'm fairly certain no one has claimed that writers or producers did not like him. The network wanted the character to be killed, I'm sure that's where the issue stood. While I'm also sure CBS was willing to re-negotiate, I highly doubt they caved & gave him his every request. I don't mean to sound rude or offensive, but IMO, it looks as if Adam crawled back with his tail between his legs.

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Nope because, otherwise, they so would have found better deals for him to stay instead of letting him go to a failing project :rolleyes:

Yep...that's what I call whining and CBS accomplished his desires.....both professional actors and professional channels, like they're supposed to be, wouldn't have done any of it :rolleyes:

7. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

As for coming back indefinitely, that's the case but he's said in interviews that he was totally open to doing guest spots whenever they needed him and that's what TPTB did before his contract was up ('BBYD'). They also wanted him back for the season 8 premiere and from what I've read/heard, they weren't able to get a hold of him/get him back to the show for the one episode. Rory also stated in an interview for 'Public Enemies' that he was "finished with that show" when asked about returning to CSI:Miami. So in that respect, he was given chances and Rory gave them chances but ultimately, the relationship between both him and TPTB seem over or at the very least, on ice.

I think the situation with Rory could have gone better on both sides. As a Speed/Rory fan, I can't say that I'm not frustrated with the former and Adam being able to return full-time but they're different people caught up in a somewhat different situation so I can't fault the outcomes for being contrary.

I haven't checked my sources in a while (aside from the spoilers posted here recently) but the E/C saga is a hot topic so it's bound to get more publicity anyhow.

ETA:

I do know Episode 19 should be called 'Spring Breakdown'. It's about 3 20-something year olds seemingly unconnected, partying hard during Spring Break but soon end up in the morgue.

One of the victims ends up being found in an industrialized washing machine, while the other is impaled on a flag pole. The last victim is found burried up to his neck in sand on the beach, having drowned to death.

I don't believe these details have been shared here yet so I thought I'd post.

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Thanks for the info Geni. Normally there are at least more details to the spoilers though, even unrelated to e/c. I just found it odd there hasn't been anyone posting these spoiler summaries expect for when it's e/c related. :rolleyes:

9. hahagirl

hahagirl Hit and Run

That's exactly what I'm talking about. I think that Rory and Adam's situations are completely different. It was obvious that Rory's departure was a bit more heated.

10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well I, OFC, woulnd't have come back right after TPTB decided my character was not worth living because of whatever reason. I can't say that I blame him for his decisions. At least he has always been consistent ;)

11. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

I agree with you there, CSI_Natalia. A few folks on this board (unsurprisingly, mostly anti-Hiphuggers) keep saying that Adam should not have been allowed to return to the show because he supposedly "chose" to leave in the first place. IMO, that view is a bit overly-simplistic. It's not like Adam just woke up one morning and decided to waltz off into the sunset and leave CSIM in the dust. :rolleyes: Anyone familiar with showbiz knows that studios have many ways of "persuading" an actor to leave a show, while making it look like the actor's idea. Basically, the studio makes it so impossible for the actor to continue on the show or offers such ridiculous contract terms that the actor is forced to leave. Of course, CBS would never admit this publicly (esp. with a popular character like Eric), because they're afraid of backlash from fans. :scream: In a situation like this, the parties typically chalk it up to "creative differences," even though a lot more went into the actor's departure from the show.

We "regular folks" aren't privy to what goes on behind closed doors @ CSIM, so we'll never know all the details of Adam's departure and return. I wonder where the folks launching personal attacks against Adam's professionalism (accusing him of "whining," and "crawling back to the show with his tail between his legs"), are getting their info from. They must have some inside look behind-the-scenes of CSIM that the rest of us aren't aware of. (For all we know, TPTB @ CBS may have approached Adam about returning to the show. [​IMG] ) I wonder if the Adam-naysayers will be as dismissive when their favorite cast-members' contracts come up for renewal and the negotiations reach an impasse. And I'm sure that none of these pot-shots would have been taken at Rory Cochrane if he'd returned to the show after initially parting ways with CSIM. But Speedle died and was buried on screen:(, so, so barring a resurrection storyline, the character could not have come back that easily. I was (and am) a Speed fan, so this is definitely not a knock against Rory by any stretch. I'm just pointing out a double standard that some forum-members seem to apply depending on whether they like a character or not.:shifty:

I agree with redanemone, wickdwtch, lusiana88 and others who are nostalgic for the days when this board was a lighthearted place for fans of CSIM to talk about their favorite show, and yes, share constructive criticism and ideas. All the recent negativity is just depressing, and IMO, unnecessary. Please hold onto your rotten tomatoes [​IMG] ... I'm just expressing an opinion.:)

12. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I, for one, am very happy that Adam is back, but I'm worried how the EC relationship will be handled. They cannot work together as a couple so will be hiding their status(still) or break-up? I want a regular, full-time relationship, normal like Lindsay and Danny.

13. csi681

csi681 Hit and Run

cant wait for the new episode

14. ECRocks

ECRocks Witness

I want that too..xD

I think by myself that Jesse is gonna leave of die. He just doesn't fit in. and what is with all the drama with Calleigh.. is she not getting enough drama yet, I personaly think that somebody else can get more drama like Natalia or Ryan. Please don't sent Walter away I love him he is so adorable xD Calleigh and Eric have to act just normal. And there has to be a new ship always Calleigh/Eric is getting bored for much people xD

(PS. don't blame my english please!!!)

15. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I don't think that most of the people would like a new ship here...;) Hiphuggers are happy with theirs and a lot of people want a crime show to be one.
    But...I quite like the idea of Nat/Ryan and H./Yelina together...as Yelina is no longer the main character they could make her Horatio's love interest.
    And cut all the drama with main characters, it really is too much...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.