Adam/Eric #9 - 'The Perfect Diversion'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 27, 2009.

1. lovleydoll12783

lovleydoll12783 Victim

2. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Is that true that Adam is considering coming back? I heard he wrote something like this on his Twitter page...That would be sooo great...:)

3. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Yes, based on Adam's latest tweets, it looks like he and CBS are back at the negotiating table, trying to work out a deal for him to return to the show full-time.:thumbsup:

A few folks on this board (unsurprisingly, mostly anti-Hiphuggers) keep saying that Adam should not be allowed to return to the show because he supposedly "chose" to leave in the first place. IMO, that view is a bit overly-simplistic. It's not like Adam just woke up one morning and decided to waltz off into the sunset and leave CSIM in the dust. :rolleyes: Anyone familiar with showbiz knows that studios have many ways of "persuading" an actor to leave a show, while making it look like the actor's idea. Basically, the studio makes it so impossible for the actor to continue on the show or offers such ridiculous contract terms that the actor is forced to leave. Of course, CBS would never admit this (esp. with a popular character like Eric), because they're afraid of backlash from fans. :scream: And we "regular folks" aren't privy to what goes on behind closed doors, so we'll never know all the details. My guess is that the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. I wonder if the Adam-naysayers will be as dismissive when their favorite cast-members' contracts come up for renewal and the negotiations reach an impasse. :shifty: Just a thought.

Anyhow, I know I'm not alone in hoping that CBS sees the light and signs Adam on for Season 9. The vociferous minority aside, it's clear that most fans of the show miss Eric (even aside from the E/C "ship"). Why would CBS make every episode in which Eric appears a must-see "event" if viewers didn't want to see him? If Horatio is the epicenter of the wheel that is CSIM, then Eric is one of its essential spokes. The show has not been the same without Eric there full-time, and it'll be even worse if he leaves permanently :( (perish the thought!).

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  4. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

HOT OFF THE PRESSES (Twitter): Adam will be back on CSIM full-time for Season 9!!

Here the announcement on his Twitter page:
    "Twit Fam, I have some news that I hope will make CSI:Miami fans happy. Eric Delko will be back to the show full time 4 all of season 9!!!"
    http://twitter.com/amaticrodriguez

I'm so excited that I can barely contain myself! [​IMG] One of my co-workers just stuck her head in my office to see if I was OK b/c she heard me screaming when I read this news.:guffaw:

5. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

Okay all you Adam Rod fans! Adam Rodriguez just posted this on his Twitter page:

I know I've said it many times but once again, thank u all for your constant support!!! I hope you're all excited about this news!!!

Twit Fam, I have some news that I hope will make CSI:Miami fans happy. Eric Delko will be back to the show full time 4 all of season 9!!!

YEAH!!! We are going to see some more Delko!!! I am so thrilled! I love me some Delko and I am so glad that he has decided to return full time. So, maybe they will keep the Calleigh/Eric relationship going!:cool::cool:

6. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I was literally jumping up and down like a little girl when I got the text that he was coming back. (Damn meetings get in the way of my tweeting time :lol:)

This is absolutely the best news I have heard in a LONG time!!!

Welcome home Adam!!

7. calleighfan06

calleighfan06 Dead on Arrival

"Celebrate good times, come on!"

I'm so happy Adam ( :adore: )decided to stay, this news made my weekend. Now I have to let everyone know he's back for season 9!

8. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

PARTY!!! :D :D:beer:

Rejoice and sing!! :hugegrin:

I can't wait for next season!!

9. electra

electra Pathologist

I love E/C but Eric is my favorite character so I am very happy w ith the news.Nothing against Jesse but he can not replace my Eric.

10. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I couldn't be happier with a news, but...what is going to happen with Cal and eric relationship once he comes back full time to CSI?
    They cannot date being in the same department, so would they still hide their relationship? I'm upset that in CSINY we have happily marriend Lindsay and Danny(and may be another couple in the making), same with CSI LV, but here is 'against the rules of the department...' ;(
    Well, CSIM has always been a little ridiculous, so I'm sure they will figure something out.

11. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Been away for a bit, but back here to say I'm JUMPING FOR JOY!!!!!! So happy Adam is back, I'm mentally doing flips LOL. Cheers!!

Thanks to all the Save Eric Delko supporters who signed the petition on Twitter and Facebook - THE man is BACK!!

peace xo

12. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

Well the reason that Miami has that rule is all because of that you know what Stetler! It's all his fault. He made that rule back in season 5 I think. It was all after the whole incident with Stetler/Yelina. Blame it on STETLER :lol:!!

13. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Adam will be writing and directing an episode of CSIM!
    That's great news- it will showcase his multi-talents
    for sure.

14. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

that news certainly put a smile on my face this afternoon :D

Adam's fans are awesome, we all made his return possible, cheer everyone :beer:

15. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Definately psyched about this!!

But honestly, does anyone really think that everyone will be staying?? :shifty: they had intended to have both Adam and Eddie on the show but I don't see it working with both of them personally...so I am calling it now, someone is gonna get the boot. :lol: