LOST # 2 ~ 'We Don't Wanna Be Rescued!'

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Apr 10, 2006.

1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I liked this episode. However, it did seem to pose more questions than it answered. LOL.
    I enjoyed Kate last night. She has always been a very complex character; and she had some very touching scenes with Jack and Sawyer and Claire. I think she cried after talking to Sawyer because she truly felt sad for him; and I think she may have also felt some responsibility, albeit indirectly, for Juliet's death. I'm a little worried about Sawyer now; will he turn dark?
    Claire has obviously crossed over, or has become 'claimed', with that crazy scene at the end.
    And Sayid; I have a bad feeling about him.
    But I'll admit that I'm more than a little confused about who is good, and who is evil at this point; or how this all will end.
    I hope there is no hiatus for the Olympics. I need my Lost fix every week now!

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

jtd94...I like your avi! :)

Okay, so Locke died and he's now back as the Smoke Monster or whatever. Sayid died and now he's been "claimed" as well like "Jack's sister", Claire, so that sounds like Claire must have also died at some point at we didn't see it.

I don't understand the flash...backs? Forwards? Sideways? Right now things are all weirded up....Boone's on the plane like he never reached the island and died, but Desmond is on there too and he never was on it to begin with, and now ETHAN is in this other world as Claire's doctor (which he was on the island too when they took her).

Ethan. :shivers: He's just about the most horribly creepy villain I've ever seen! I HATE seeing him!!!!

3. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Ethan is indeed somewhat creepy and weird, but my goodness, William Mapother does have a lovely smile!

4. Smokey

Soooo....why did Helen say they could invite Locke's dad to the wedding? He's in the wheelchair because his dad pushed him out the window.

Why was Smoke Monster/Jacob's enemy/Locke able to tear those guys apart but he had to chase the little boy into the jungle?

I have to say I'm liking a few things coming together like Hurley owning the box company that Locke worked for, but we figured that out years ago.

Still...so far this season, I'm missing the "wow" factor. Always before there was something in the episode that just blew me away, usually at the end. But so far this season, nothing. A little disappointing.

Here are links to two parts of Michael Emerson (Ben) on Jimmy Kimmel last night. Thanks to FallenForFlack for finding the links! :)

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Okay...Another great, and confusing, episode! But I do think we are starting to get an idea of where this is going. I'm just not sure yet how it's going to get there. :lol: Or who will get there.
    An awesome Locke episode. I liked seeing renegade Sawyer, the awesome Rose, the wonderful Katie Seagal (Helen), and boss man Hurley. Loved Ben as a history teacher! Jacob's cave with all the names and numbers, but no Kate? And I'm not sure who the boy was.
    This is one show where it gives me a headache to try to speculate; way too many variables and confusing timelines. I'm just taking it one episode at a time, and enjoying the ride! :)

I think the 'wow' factor will come closer to the end. For me the subtle reveals are engrossing enough to keep me interested. Like, Desmond on the plane, Ethan as the doctor, Kate possibly innocent, Locke's father alive; all these things indicate a totally different lifeline for some of the characters. But I think at some point, they have to intersect. Or maybe not.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  6. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I think the boy was maybe Jacob...? Maybe? Although why Sawyer could see him too, I'm not sure. Oh, who am I kidding. I'm not sure of anything when it comes to this show! :lol:

And now we get to wonder what the numbers after the names are, and who these creatures who "used to be men" really are. Man, they give a little, and they add a little mystery. Gotta love this show! :p

7. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I'm all for a little mystery, but we're getting so much right now that I feel like I'm choking on it. NOTHING is making ANY sense and it's frustrating the everliving crap out of me. And out of all the people with their names not crossed off, Kate isn't among them? What? She's been a main character since day one! What the what??

Also... I miss Faraday. He was brilliant and awkward and twitchy and I loved that character so much. *sigh* Maybe since nearly everyone else is making a comeback, we'll see him, however briefly (like with Pretty Boy and Charlie).

Oh, one more thing - WHY are we seeing two completely different realities? Whyyyyyyy? Unless the AU storyline starts making some damn sense or is at least revealed to have SOME justification for existing, I'm gonna be pretty pissed that they wasted half their time showing us what basically amounts to a really strange fanfic.

8. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

SO glad the new series is back on feels like forever since the last one. well I was glad, i thought it might answer some questions, but now everything is more confusing than before, im glad they are bringing back the black smoke though, i can't wait to find out more about that it had bugged me since it first appeared on screen.

Although the only thing more difficult than understanding lost is trying to explain lost to a friend who isn't the brightest and has never seen an episode, man that was a long conversation:lol:

9. Smokey

I'm not liking it so much this season either. Maybe it was better when they didn't know how to end it. :lol:

As to the other storyline...Vegaslights shared this link with me where they explain it, but I have to say, I was even less happy reading it. To me it's some kind of cop on everything they've done up to now. I'm not liking it much.

10. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I thought it was another great episode last night. It certainly seemed to set up the final confrontation between good and evil on the island. Still a lot of mystery about who will be involved, and I'm sure there are many surprises to come, but I'm completely invested.
    I loved the scenes between Jack and his son. Was his mother Jack's ex-wife, or Juliet, or Kate? I wonder if the two children, Aaron and David, will play more important roles as the season comes to an end.
    Hurley was great, as usual. Loved the scenes at the Lighthouse.
    Claire was more than a little scary; I don't blame Jin for not wanting to upset her. He looks as confused as we are. lol. And the nonLocke, Smokey, as her 'friend'? Let the games begin!
    Next week's episode looks more action packed. I'm a little worried about Sayid and Miles, who are still at the temple (of doom?).

11. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

A truly game-changing episode last night. Kate joining Smokey/Locke? Didn't see that one coming. Sayid can't seem to get a break, in either life. I was hoping he would find redemption, but it doesn't look good. Not sorry that Dogan and Lennon are gone. Claire gets crazier. I was glad Miles escaped. Fun to see Jack in the hospital hallway. And Jin in the cooler? That was a WTF moment. He seems to just pop up everywhere. LOL

The ending was really dark and disturbing; but the promos for next week look awesome.

I'm looking forward to the Jin and Sun reunion, although I have no idea what to expect. I hope it's a happy reunion. Their story on the island was one of my favorites. Also, Desmond and Penny, and hopefully Sawyer and Juliet. Still lots to cover in the coming weeks.

12. BabaOReilly

You know, I don't think Kate had a clue as to what was happening, and was just following Claire. I don't think she has technically joined Team Dark Side (if he even is the dark side. Who really knows in the end? :lol: )

I still have no idea what's going on, and the only theory that is even slightly in my brain is that in the end, there will need to be a "light" and a "dark" again, a la Jacob and whomever is inhabiting Locke. I'm thinking two folks we know will be taking over in the end, like Jack and Ben or something. And I'm not confident in that theory at all! :lol: It's just the only thing I can think of right now. :p

13. Smokey

Yeah, I think Claire and Sayid have definitely turned, but Kate doesn't know what's going on. And Locke/whomever knows Kate isn't one of them...yet.

Since Locke and Sayid now have "the darkness" inside of them, and they actually had to die first, I can only assume that Claire also died at some point.

Kate telling Claire she "raised" Aaron...and we know Claire was told by the psychic not to let anyone else raise him. Still wondering how Aaron fits into all of this.

14. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I was so happy to see the last epi was about Sayid. I'm hoping he hasn't really turned. I mean he was capable of that before, afterall he was a torturer so I don't really see any big change there. Who knows though with this show? LOL! But I loved seeing almost all Sayid. :hugegrin: The alternate reality was pretty interesting. Seems Sayid is the same no matter what? Besides the hair, lol! That man is hot! Ok, ok, I'm done!

Oh, what about the look Ben had on his face after Sayid told him it was too late for him or whatever. Then where the hell did Ben disappear from? I see next week is Ben-centric, yay!

15. BabaOReilly