Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Ghawazee, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Choose New Stellarina Thread!

Poll closed Aug 10, 2009.
  1. Stella/Melina #7: 'Cause even Athene and Aphrodite worship her.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. Stella/Melina #7: The perfect combination of brains, looks, and personality.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Stella/Melina #7: a goddess came down to earth !

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. Stella/Melina #7:Athene in her mortal form.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Stella/Melina #7: Zeus' gift to Hollywood.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Stella/Melina#7 'Cause she is the angel that enlighten our hearts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. Stella/Melina #7: Because she´s the Greek Goddess of Crimonology

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. Stella/Melina #7Because she´s the heart and soul of the CSI-team

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  10. Stella/Melina#7 Because Lady Liberty speaks in Greek!

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  11. Stella/Melina#7 Because she is the light and soul of NY Lab

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Stella/kelina#7 Because we all love Rambo Stella

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Heya Stellarinas!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D and Welcome Dulquesne to teh Stellarina Thread. Post and have fun darling!

Ohhhhhhh Missing in Action Shippy is back!!!!:eek::lol:

yes, Kayla posted and i have just watched it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I was out the whole day and yesterday i was trying to catch for second time 6.15:drool:). I thought i could cry when Melina introduced her mom:luvlove: That intense and sincere affection and tenderness it was evident in every single moment:luvlove: Also i love how she mentioned her aunties and cousin:thumbsup: and when Melina mas said both of them had teh same addiction to family:adore: Thank you Melina! You don't have any idea how spepcial was to see this :luvlove:
    And Melina's mom is so absolutely sweet :bolian:I can see Melina is a reflection of her mother and i love it!!!!!!!!!!:lol:(That elephant costume is awesome:lol:)

The Chocolate recipe for losing weight I love it!:lol:

thank you for this. This was just an incredibly funny and touching interview:bolian:

aussieturtle--> you were so incredibly kind of sharing your experience with us. Thank you :D As i have said i will watch it anyway (at the beginning i thought it was going to be like Harry Potter but those previous clips looks much more interesting!:bolian:

Dearest and Barbaric NUT:lol:

next week on Tuesday Nut!:lol: My Music Teacher's face was hilarious--->:wtf::vulcan::cardie::klingon:

And my face--->:shifty::eek::p:angel:

I do want to watch Percy Jackson but it wasn't released yet:scream: I don't care if she is there just 5 minutes, i only care Melina was happy doing this and nobody could have a more perfect Athena:thumbsup:

I don't loose my faith on this too :D And i hope she will get one BIG so very big as she deserves:) But TV is also an amazing place to make a successful career so in any place she is, i will be watching!:thumbsup: (well, that's my opinion anyway. I love TV over Big Screen ;)

Van-->
    and i totally agree with that:adore:

my love to all dearest people

take care Debbs

ps: I bet Stella kicked Mac's butt on the track:lol:That's my girl!:lol:

2. Bonasera-Taylor

Bonasera-Taylor Prime Suspect

i saw the 10am screening and the 3.15pm screening.

hopefully they have more of melina on extras in the dvd when i comes out

3. Bonasera-Taylor

i also loved melina in this weeks ep of csi.

wish we could have found out who won the race between Mac and Stella

4. gab94bee

gab94bee Victim

Hello everyone. :D This is my 1st time posting here helloo. :D

Has anyone seen Percy Jackson and the Olympians : The Lightning Thief? I thought it was a good movie and I thought Melina played her character well...

I had to LOL at her accent though. No hate whatsoever. Just found it funny. even my sister had to laugh at it. and I don't like the person who played Annabeth. such a buzz kill. :|

5. *Stardust*

*Stardust* Prime Suspect

Hey Stellarinas! :D

Andromeda or shall I call you NUT? :p :lol: (just kidding ;))

Oh yeah, that would be great! :D ;) I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't read any of the books :lol:

Jo! I mean, me too, I'll never lose hope and faith either! Nothing can change the fact that Melina's an aweseome, very talented actress and she'll get her chance to shine like she does on TV week after week!:thumbsup:

Shippy!!! :D
    You are so right, Melina is the most amazing person! :adore: And her mom and aunt seem so sweet too, her whole family does! :adore: No wonder she became the wonderful, awesome person she is now :adore:

Deeeeeebbbiiieeee sweetie!! :D So nice to see you! :D

I agree! :lol:
    Hehe... If I may add this, Melina dipped in chocolate, now that would be a interesting image :devil: :drool: :lol: ;)

Absolutely! Argh, I don't know what to do. Of course I want to see it too but I'm not sure and I still don't have anyone to watch it with (except my dear mother).. ahh, we'll see.

Yeah, you can bet I'll watch anything she is in, too! :) I love her way too much :adore:

Haha, yeah she must have won! :lol: Greeks always win! :p And fb-Stella said she did! :p :lol:

gab94bee - yeah I bet she sounded funny with that accent! :lol: I can't even blame her because when I try to talk with a British accent I sound like I'm making fun of myself! :lol: I can do it but I have to try very hard :lol: I better stick with my mix of American and Canadian :lol:

6. aussieturtle

aussieturtle Witness

In rethinking my view of the film I should point out that I think it was just disappointment that made me have such a negative view of it. It was certainly watchable. Melina only being in it for a bit was a bit of a downer, but I suppose the whole film was played upo for Logan Lerman fans (the guy who plays Percy Jackson)

Persoinally I thought the girl who played Annabeth was ok. I found none of the three main characters outstanding in their roles.

As to why she speaks with a Birtish accent I would have no idea. I would have thought it to be American like the other gods and goddesses and given that Olympus is located above the Empire State Building (Dont think thats a spoiler as its revealed in one of the trailers) Either that or a Greek accent, given that Athena is a Greek goddess.

The characters in the film dont like their parents that are gods, because they havent ever seen them before (this is explained more in the movie) and that is why Melina is not in it until very late. However presumably she will be in it more in the future movies because she now knows her daughter. However there are no clues from wikipedia as to how much Athena is in the subsequent books.

Ive tried to remember everyones questions but let me know if I forgot one or two.

Mind you, she does look stunning in the goddess garb.

7. Bonasera-Taylor

Athena is in more of the next books.

8. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hi Dears and dearest still singing LAMM:D,

OK, there´s a sort of discrepancy between your facial expressions and the ones of your music teacher and I wonder why this is so :D. So, what are you going to sing on Tuesday to convince your teacher :D? Good luck for the both of you :lol:.

Happy she was definitely, you could see this in her Athena-interview, and since there´s more Athena in the other books ( Thanks Bonasera-Taylor for the info :) ), there should be more of Melina/Athena in the sequels and maybe she´s already signed for these and therefore already knows that her role will increase.

I agree that Melina has already a good and successful career as TV actress, especially since in the USA TV actors of successful shows are not really less popular than Hollywood-movie stars. But it´s just that I wish Melina that she gets this "role of her life" on the big screen :thumbsup:.

Hey, Van, you can call me NUT, too, if you like :D, but don´t believe the LAMM that I´m barbaric :D, I´m an :angel:-NUT.

Well, there´s certainly more of us ignorant guys :D. But maybe some day I´ll give the books a try, but for now I´m still saturated considering fantasy books after reading Harry Potter :D.

Yes, Melina is unique and fantastic anyway, and as long as I can watch her every week on TV, I can bear the fact that she´s not that much on the big screen. Thinking about it, the advantage is that we can even see her more often than if she would only shoot one or two movies per year.
    Well, there´s two sides to everything, as they say :D

aussie, thanks for your updated review ;). I believe you when you say you found the movie nonetheless watchable; I suppose the effects are great. But I´m really not that keen on this kind of genre and was only intending to watch it because of Melina. So with her short appearance I can easily wait for the DVD. I will watch the sequels though if her part will be bigger then.
    As for her accent: I´d suppose it´s meant to be a Greek accent if I didn´t know how it really sounds when Melina speaks with Greek accent. But she did so in Guiding Light, so she knows how it works and wouldn´t do it so wrong that it sounds like a British accent :lol:.

Love and hugs to you all :)

9. *Stardust*

*Stardust* Prime Suspect

aussie, thanks for your review and I totally hear you. I was disappointed at first as well but then I thought, am I crazy?! It's Melina, of course I have to see it! ;) :D
    But I'm glad that according to the books there will be more Athena in future sequels :)

Hi NUT:p :D

Haha, I know you're not barbaric :lol: You're way too nice for that ;)

Same here! :) She deserves the lead role of some blockbuster! :D

Oh dear.. ;) I'm one of the few strange people who haven't read anything Harry Potter so far! :eek: :lol: I tried reading one book (got it as a gift) but I had to start three times and it just didn't work, I couldn't for the life of me get into this "magical" world, nothing made sense to me :confused: :lol: So well, that was my HP experience :alienblush: :lol:

That's right! :) We definitely get to see her more when she's doing TV and that's fine with me :D But in addition to that, I also wouldn't mind her shooting a movie once a year... ;) (if she has enough time for that ;))

I agree, she definitely knows how to do a Greek accent! ;) And no one could possibly mistake a Greek accent for a British one, right?! :lol: That's ridiculous! :rolleyes::lol:

10. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hi, Stellarinas :), and Hi Van:D,

Oh, thank you :alienblush:, and I agree with you :D:p and I return the compliment ;).

Well, tastes are different, aren´t they ;)? And Harry Potter is really the exception to the rule for me, because usually I don´t read fantasy books at all. But these books just grew on me and suddenly I was an addict to them :D

I think Melina is a multi-tasking talent, she´d manage to do TV and movie shooting; this woman seems to have ceaseless energy :lol:.

Maybe the director wanted her to speak with this strange accent, for whatever reason, but we shall never know unless Melina will explain it one day. But somehow it´s pretty quiet concerning the movie, anyway over here- no interviews, no big buzz. Gotta check youtube if I can find anything new, especially in terms of Melina.

Hugs to you all :)

11. MelinaStellaFan

MelinaStellaFan Hit and Run

12. Miyukiseta

Miyukiseta Rookie

Haven't been on in a billion years, but I just had to post something about The Lightning Thief!

I seriously had to laugh at Athena's accent. She's not British, for gods sake!

Besides, Athena wasn't even supposed to be in the movie (she was only mentioned in The Lightning Thief, but was actually in The Titan's Curse and The Last Olympian.) Hell, the whole time line of the movie was wrong. The deadline was supposed to be Winter Solstice, not summer. But, they filmed it during the summer so...sorta makes sense. I really liked Athena's relationship with Annabeth (her daughter, who is supposed to be blond! And the actress (Alexandra Daddario)would personally have been a better Thalia - she would look so cool as a punk - but she was good.) Athena was really proud of her daughter in the book and thank God they have the same sort of relationship in the movie. Athena wasn't as cold to Percy as I thought she would be... Quote, I do not approve of your friendship with my daughter. I do not think it is was for either of you, unquote - from Titan's Curse (book three.)"]Besides, Athena wasn't even supposed to be in the movie. Hell, the whole time line of the movie was wrong. The deadline was supposed to be Winter Solstice, not summer. But, they filmed it during the summer so...sorta makes sense.

I really liked Athena's relationship with Annabeth (her daughter, who is supposed to be blond!:( And the actress (Alexandra Daddario)would personally have been a better Thalia - she would look so cool as a punk - but she was good.) Athena was really proud of her daughter in the book and thank God they have the same sort of relationship in the movie.

Athena wasn't as cold to Percy as I thought she would be... Quote, I do not approve of your friendship with my daughter. I do not think it is was for either of you,unquote - from Titan's Curse (book three.)

Anyways, I recommend the movie to anyone who's read the books. You'll be surprised at how many scenes they skipped, though, which really bothered me.

13. MelinaStellaFan

I throught she as good in the movie has athena for a small part that is

14. Bonasera-Taylor

same here

15. MelinaStellaFan

I am glad that I became a fan of her and plus I wrote to her