CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildcat

wildcat Witness

Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

+1 :guffaw::guffaw:

It absolutely could be done very well, and the possibilities for bringing something new to the characters would be just amazing. :thumbsup:

But... with this last bit of spoilers and the bits about "oh so big Danny-Lindsay story coming" :rolleyes: (C tv guide) I now don't think it's what's going to happen. They are just ....ing our minds. :scream: There is absolutely no way they are going all of a sudden to have this rush of smackness - with choices, feelings revelations etc. I won't be too surprized though (now then it won't be "shocking", right? ;) :lol: ) if there was something like you suggested >

It would fit all the spoiler bits on all accounts. :lol: - "well known woman character", "shocking" and D/L "big story".

And CSI:NY would officially qualify for a soap opera. :p :guffaw:

2. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

I doubt that Stella will sleep with Mac at this point. If the lady's Stella, I think they are just setting up a situation where the feelings are acknowledged but they can't or won't act on them right now. Re: the power differential, it's interesting that the writers seems to be playing up Stella' s leadership/supervisory role more this season so she comes across more as Mac's "second" or partner. But in any case, Mac is still the boss so a romantic relationship with anyone on his team would be problematic, which is why I think Mac and Stella won't really get together at this time.

The problem I see with follow-up to the Adam/Stella storyline is that the writers have already treated it too casually and seemingly moved the characters on. We've seen them interact several times since the one night stand, and there doesn't seem to be any awkwardness, conflict, or other emotions that suggest there was anything deep or significant about that particular liasion. Looks like they've simply gone back to the earlier dynamic.

ETA: If the lady in question is Lindsay, that would be a true "jump the shark" moment for me as far as this series goes and a signal that the time has come to part ways....

3. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I'm not really into spoilers but the 'Mac choosing between two ladies' caught my attention. I hope there would be no Mac/Stella romance. It's so cliche. Is this going to be the last season or the second to the last season of CSI: NY? I remember Melina's interview regarding two leads being paired means only one thing or happens when... I hope not because I just became a fan last year.

Please writers, be serious! No more mistakes now that SVU is going to be against NY. One mistake that will cause the fans angry or disappointed will definitely make them switch to SVU which is also a good show. It killed Without A Trace last year so please writers! Make smart, non-soap operaish stories! D/L is so enough and not seeing them together too much recently is good.

As for the shocking revelation, I think it's just a tease. Not really shocking. Or may be 'Mac choosing' is not related to love or romance in any way. Show runners tend to do that. Make some buzz.

4. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Meh.

Spin is spin is spin.

I was hoping another possibility would be Mac not faced with a decision between two people who are interested in him, but within a situation that have him forced to consider continuing a burgeoning personal involvement against greater circumstances, yada. Would be less interested if it is a love triangle issue.

Still. Quinn, for example, was a great character and was an interesting blast from the past for Mac, someone he worked with and had history with who came back to see what new possibilities might exist. (Not suggesting she's the one who will be involved this time around, just using her as an example). That was all done concisely and well, and was remarkably self-contained. If that is the genre of "choice" Mac has to make, that may be reasonably palatable.

What I really hope is that none of this relationship stuff occurs Within The Main Roster of Characters. It makes the show far too insular and compromises too much of what makes the show function. Bring in part-time or recurring or cameo characters to dabble and expand on characters' personal lives. That's in part why I wasn't so fond of the Adam/Stella encounter, cute as it was. Still and all, that was "shocking" to me in a eh wha? :wtf: fashion, as opposed to being stunned by the awesomosity of it's handling and the impact it had on the characters and the show.

Further, with only two women in the main cast, using one of them for that kind of personal plot twist wouldn't do much for them.

I am actually not, at this point, overwhelmed by any Romance overload. I think reasonably little has actually made it to the screen, for all the hype and hoopla. And so long as there are episodes that give us moments that expand on the characters in ways other than romance in addition to any potential romances, then there is hope for some balance as the show attempts to inject More Focus On The Characters into the run of the season. Flack's run in the early going was among the better. Sheldon sounds like he'll get a very good episode upcoming. Even smaller moments like Mac telling Stella about his childhood intrigue with cars and racing was fun. Similarly Lindsay, to be fair. Sid getting outside the morgue was also good. In some instances the glimmer they give us is such that I actually want to see just a tad more, when it's done well, cos it's a treat to have new nuggets doled out about the characters after five years. And if they don't, then they really do just serve as cardboard cutouts collecting evidence and processing, interchangeable with any other show. There have to be a few personal moments, but they need to be balanced.

For now, this does feel like a way to keep people buzzing about the show during a lull in airing. That's fun in the mean-time. As always, I'll hope for the best.

...cos, there's, like, such a consensus among viewers as to what We want...:p

Haven't been able to see the vid yet. Am still hoping that there will be no M/S aspect to this at all, and that it is another character who makes an appearance, if it's a Triangle issue they're setting up.

I hope they manage to get better as the season draws to a close, and manage a solid finale. The ratings have been decent, but I can't say I think most of the episodes have shone. I hope the ratings stay and the eps get better.

...crap. Outta time. Will be fun to come back and see what else people have had to say :lol:

5. MelinaStellaFan

MelinaStellaFan Hit and Run

Hoping that mac/stella find there way to be a couple but nt show it yet;)

cant wait for the new episode on march 3rd

6. popkrrnal

popkrrnal Victim

I honestly hope it happens like that.
    Sorta like D/L,
    like keeping it on the down low,
    but I would much rather see their cute,
    non-sexual way of exchanging looks.
    :)

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

So he'll be playing Reggie in 6.19 "Redemptio". :)

8. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

I think the familiar lady in question might be Ella. The last thing we heard about her in S5 that she was in therapy. Maybe Mac never lost contact with her, even if she was never mentioned again in the future, though I don´t think that it was ever more than a platonic contact. But maybe Ella still hopes for more and when she finds out that Mac´s in love with another woman, she might freak out and get him in a tricky situation.

And I´m afraid, but I´m pretty sure the familiar lady is not Stella. There´s absolutely no indication that suddenly big love is in the air between her and Mac. And I don´t think that Stella´s near-drowning experience will change this.

9. MelinaStellaFan

MelinaStellaFan Hit and Run

yea true it would great though

10. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

My biggest worry is that, whether it is Stella or someone else, the 'choosing' will be incredibly soapy. When it has to come to a 'choice' like this, I really hope it will be an infamous Mac Taylor internal battle. And not something everybody suddenly knows everything about. But who knows.

The whole choice thing seems pretty unreal to me though, I mean, Mac has been guarded pretty much the entire show. With Peyton he barely dared letting himself out of his shell. Suddenly he is in the middle of a difficult romantic choice? But then again what do I know?

11. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

An oxymoron is a figure of speech that is self contradictory.:)

But because we do not know the depth of reason Stella feels in her desire not to sleep with Adam again, it can not be compared to the possiability if she would or would not sleep with Mac, she really did not give an in depth explanation. That being said I do agree, getting involved with the boss could becoming problematic but that has not stopped human nature yet! :lol:

I'm with ya on this!:)

Well perceived and stated!:thumbsup:

The SMACKIES wont switch!:lol:

And who needs boring when you can have this!!:lol:

Yes where does one find this "vid"?

Yes just no "Canon" please:)
    And this is why I love them!
    :)
    And to you FAYLINN my many thanks for all the updates!:thumbsup:
    I wish they would put another "bone saw" in Hawkes hand like in "Snow day" calm, cool, and extremely hot I mean dangerous!:devil:

12. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

I think that it is just in connection with Claire and the feelings that Mac still feels for her!

It is maybe just the fact that Mac decides on to turn the page with Claire and to forge ahead with Aubrey who will admit him her feelings!

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

They already did that with Peyton, though, so there's no need to do it again.

14. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

Being a Smackkie I of course hope there is something to the Mac and Stella thing. But another Idea I sort of like is Jane, from the earlier seasons, coming back. They had some sort of cute chemistry, I liked them. Even though i don't see that happening with the actress working on Flashforward at the moment. But that could actually make this less soapy and cliché, because she is familiar, and no one really told us why she left the show - they could have kept contact, who knows.

15. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

Lori K,

Let me clear it up for you. :) I am an Adella fan and you are a smackie,:thumbsup: And that is good. :beer: Even though I would like to see Adella together and much as you would like Smack :drool: When I said that I was getting tired of all this romance crap I was speaking out of genreal frustration with this season. :confused: By reading the comments of fans on the boars this season I am not alone. I don't know if you are in the U.S. but this season there has been alot of reruns and preemptions ,so it makes it hard to follow any flow. I along with others feel this season is just not as good as the past ones. With that said, about romances, First they put A & S together and dropped it just like that.:wtf: Then they said D & L would have a tough going after the shooting but than would be good the rest of the season. Now spoilers say that will have a hard time some big problem :rolleyes: They said Hawkes would find love, havent seen it yet,:confused: Than they come out and say Mac will have a new love interest, and just when people are starting to open up to the idea, thay deside too throw someone else into the mix.:p Now with about 6 or 7 episodes left this season how are they going to pull it off. :guffaw:It seems like everyone is going to be falling in love or breaking up or coming to terms with their feelings. When will they have time to solve crime.:confused: I just think their focusing too mush on love and romance and not on good crime drama. And with the writers history this season of starting and stopping a storyline, If everyone does find love this season , the'll just drop the storyline anyway.:guffaw: So in closing I am sending you some love:luvlove:

P.S. I hope addressing this post directly to you was OK. I am new at this and havent quit figured out how to insert quotes yet.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.