Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I so agree with everything you said there. How can something like this, where she does kind of die, but does end up living, tear them apart? Its not the least bit logical... so the outcome of that really should be that they do become committed to each other, a definite couple... despite CSI:M's track record of throwing storylines away, having no happy couple relationships, etc.

And yeah, count me in as one of those people that would be pissed off if they broke them up for good after years of build up and making it so clear to us the viewer that Eric & Calleigh love each other and can't stay apart.

2. dione1984

dione1984 Dead on Arrival

Havnt been on here in months! smh, forgot my login and everything. Anyways, im back and here are my thoughts on the E/C roller coaster ride: (oh and this is in no order so excuse the randomness of it):

The first thing that comes in mind after reading the spoilers for 8x20 is that this will be 1 of a 2 part episode and if im correct, we wont get any conclusions or at least hints to whats to come until 8x21. I also feel that based on Adams tweet and this spoiler, we should hear from him about his decision real soon. The writers (or monkeys, which ever you prefer) are going to need to know how to end this saga or how to write the cliff hanger if he is coming back. I also feel that if he comes back, even if its for a year, It will also bring back Emily. I think his decision will determine Emily's too, unless she is pregnant, she will leave.
    As for this episode....sounds pretty cool to me, although this whole thing of her being in the hospital on support is old now but I guess they got to do it to give her and eric something else in common, (being in a life and death situation twice :rolleyes:) I will say this.....if H is by her side whispering sweet nothings in her ear instead of Eric, Im gonna be pissed! lol

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yep count me in as one of the people who would be really pissed off if they decided to just end it. Especially if they pull that "we love each other too much" crap to keep them apart like MomentarySetbac mentioned. The thing is that it sounds like something these writers are totally capable of :rolleyes:. It's ironic that the possibility of Adam coming back worries me even more in terms of their relationship since it makes me think that they could use that to keep stringing things along. You know, since Adam's coming back let's keep this "will they/won't they" till next season and see what more crap we can put them through :rolleyes:. yikes! Though I still really want Adam to come back ;).

This episode would really be a great opportunity for the writers to wrap things up really nicely with them with Cal being injured and Eric by her side. Just to let them admit to each other they really care and want to be together and then let them rest for a while; in other words no more drama. Tptb should really take this opportunity.

Since I haven't been paying much attention this season :eek::eek: :alienblush:.... is 8.20 the season finale?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  4. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

I think there will be 25 episodes this season and after 8.20 Adam will be in 3 more.
    I agree with you dione ,I have a feeling this is a two part ep too. I am not too keen on this reused and abused "near death storyline but if it's the best way the writers can think of to finally give us the closure that we want then I'm cool with it.

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

ok thanks :thumbsup: I'd read somewhere that this season would have fewer episodes (or maybe that was another CSI...????) IDK.

Anyway, if the writers knew that Adam would be in more episodes after 8.20 then that makes me think that maybe, just maybe, things could take a turn for the better for them in 8.20. Just maybe.... Or they will like to torture them with the awkwardness of having to see each other after they "break up" or whatever in 8.20.

6. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I admit the news are confusing, but at least something is finally happening here;).

It's getting really annoying. Please not again. It seems Calleigh is like a cat who have more then one live:scream:. How much more this kind of drama can we stand. Sometimes I feel that they are treating us like dogs. You know in one moment they throw us a bone just to take it back next minute:mad:
    I'm trying to stay positive, but it's rather not easy. I just agree with you that it'd be odd if they broke up after such a tragic event. I mean if she's really going to be near death again then it'd be totally stupid move to break them up after it. I hope they'll come to their senses and just let them be together for real finally, whitout any misunderstanding.
    I'd love to see them declaring their love to each other.:adore:

As for Adam's possible returning I really hope he'll be back next season. Watching Miami without him is definitely not the same. So maybe I'm selfish, but Adam pretty please come back, at least for one more season:).

7. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

I agree completely with you MomentarySetbac. I honestly don't know what to feel about these latest spoilers for 8.20.

I don't mind the whole ghost/hovering-between-life-and-death concept. It could be quite interesting, if handled appropriately. But I'm more concerned about what impact this latest medical saga for Calleigh is going to have on the future of her relationship with Eric. Ideally, this episode will represent their romance coming full circle, i.e., as a "ghost," Calleigh will FINALLY hear Eric admit that he loves her, just about a year after she was in the hospital for smoke inhalation and overheard Eric admitting that he couldn't imagine living his life without her. With any luck, they'll also confess their love for each other when they're both awake/conscious!:adore: This would make the most sense, but, unfortunately, the CSIM writers have been known to lean towards the illogical.

I will also be one unhappy camper if the writers have taken us through this roller coaster ride only to end C & E's relationship out of the blue. :scream: Like some others on the forum, I also remember reading in interviews years ago that C & E's romance has been in the works for years. Apparently, when the CSIM pilot was shot, there were no plans to make C & E a couple, but, by the end of Season 1, the chemistry between them was so obvious that the idea of linking them romantically took root. And we had to wait 7 long years for it to come to fruition. It would really be insane (not to mention annoying) to use a life-or-death medical scare as a plot device for breaking C & E up.:rolleyes:

I'm just going to try to stay optimistic that the CSIM writers will pleasantly surprise us by bringing this storyline to its logical (and happy) conclusion.:)

I also don't think that it's a coincidence that we're getting these spoilers at the same time as Adam's latest tweets about deciding whether or not to return to CSIM next Season. I have a feeling that how episode 8.20 and the rest of Season 8 play out is going to be heavily dependent on the outcome of Adam's negotiations with TPTB and Emily's decision regarding renewal of her contract for Season 9 and beyond. Of course, it's no shocker where I stand ... I want them both back, along with a satisfactory resolution to the up-in-the-air status of their relationship.:thumbsup:

8. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

See, that's what I think and what makes me more positive about how things will turn out (despite that nagging bit in the back of my mind regarding the illogical writers) - I can't see them taking us on this long 3 year rollercoaster ride with the deepening of Eric & Calleigh's relationship, leaving no doubt in anyone's mind (except for the haters of course) that Eric & Calleigh love each other and are meant to be, especially given they've been on this track since the 1st season - I can't see them ending it. THAT is what makes me feel better about it all.

That said, wouldn't it just be great if when Calleigh flatlines and sees the light, that Speedle is there to tell her its not her time, to go back to Eric. Speedle can acknowledge the relationship between Eric & Calleigh and maybe even say he saw that there was something between them from the beginning.

9. vignes[smallgir

vignes[smallgir Hit and Run

omg.... i just can't believe that, cbs doing this thing again....csi miami going to be so dramatic more and more.....hope they give us a great ending in that episode

10. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

That's a great idea, Jennifer! :) And it's quite possibly the only "plus" that I could see coming out of a "near-death" storyline for Calleigh. It would be great if Speed could give Calleigh a sort of "retrospective" on her relationship with Eric, to show her that the were always meant to be together, :adore: even back in the day. However, I think we would have heard something by now of Rory Cochrane was going to be appearing as a special guest star on episode 8.20. But even if this doesn't happen on the actual show, it sure would make a great fan fiction story. :thumbsup: Perhaps you might feel "inspired" to write something, Jen? (Hint, hint).:lol:

11. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Ok so I sort of answered my own question....I checked out Futon Critic and it says the season is slated to air 24 episodes....so 4 more eps after 820 and of those, Adam is in 3 :D

12. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

Thanks for the news delkolover. After reading that I had a Hmmmm moment b/c I'm not sure what to make of all this drama. I guess we'll just see and I usually don't believe anything till I see it. I will say I have more questions now then before and it's making me impatient. :scream:

13. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I don't know if I can handle anymore of this DRAMA!!!!!! I just might have a stroke before we get any kind of answers.Holding my breath.

14. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

Sorry its taken me so long, thanks for looking that up, its been a ridicules day. I have a call into my friend in LA who told me about S9 I am going to find out for sure where he saw the info. I will let everyone know when I get him on the phone.

15. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

I have learned to put a large pillar of salt where some of the spoilers are concerned, especially this far out. The plotline described sounds too far off the normal beaten path to be a CSIM. While it might be interesting, I doubt it's more than a rumor. I want proof in the actors' interviews and such. I don't doubt, if handled carefully, the spoiler can be heartwrenching and beyond touching. The reality is that this is CSIM and nobody really gets that kind of treatment because it's the red-headed stepchild of the franchise. If they actually have that heartwrenching of an episode, then I'll be impressed....depending on how it's handled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.