Supernatural #4: STILL No Chick Flick Moments

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Dec 11, 2009.

1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

You know, I think if Dean was completely dead inside, he wouldn't have been so torn up at the end. People who are dead inside don't cry tears of personal anguish. So while I agree he's totally damaged, he's not necessarily irreparably so. But you know how this show always goes... we gotta go to the dark side before we see the light. Like, it's always darkest before the dawn, and all that. :lol:

2. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

This just in - Supernatural has been OFFICIALLY renewed for a 6th season!

And Kripke has confirmed that he'll remain involved. :D

:cool: That is all. Celebrate accordingly.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Will they close the apocalypse storyline or keep it going and end it next season? Technically they could keep it going being that in the "future" it was five years later and it was still going on. :lol I personally think they should have taken longer with the whole seals thing and then they could have saved the Lucifer arc for the following season, but what's done is done. The seal thing was just too quick seemed to me.

4. BabaOReilly

Maybe, but I think they blew through the seals part because at that point they didn't know whether there would be a season 5 or not.

Still not sure how I feel about this. I need to know Kripke's intentions...

5. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Supernatural ... a tour of Bobby's house * Contains Minor Spoilers, but nothing major for the next episode!!!!!! *

* Gasp *

The CW Announces Early Pickups for Five Series

February 16, 2010 at 1:59 pm · Filed under CW NEWS

Freshman Hit “The Vampire Diaries,” “Gossip Girl,” “90210,” “Supernatural” and “America’s Next Top Model” To Return Next Season

The CW Network has given early pickups to five series for next season, including four signature dramas and the reality hit AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL. All five shows will return in Fall 2010.

The series receiving early renewals include this season’s breakout hit THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, The CW’s most-watched show (4.6 million viewers) and the network’s number one show among adults 18-34 (2.5/8). THE VAMPIRE DIARIES premiere generated the largest audience in network history for a series debut (5.7 million total viewers). THE VAMPIRE DIARIES has improved The CW’s performance Thursday at 8:00 p.m. by 114% among women 18-34 this season. The network also renewed fan favorite SUPERNATURAL, which will enter its sixth season next year. SUPERNATURAL has one of the most loyal audiences of any show on television and does heroic work in a perennially tough time period. It has improved over last season among women and adults 18-34 (29% and 8%, respectively) this season, a remarkable accomplishment for a fifth-year show.

--- Great News, but there could be a catch ---

The Catch? ...

UPDATE: When I asked a CW representative whether creator/executive producer Eric Kripke would return for "Supernatural's" sixth season, I got a three-word reply: "Yes, he's back."

UPDATE 2: I sent a note to "Supernatural" executive producer Sera Gamble when I heard about the show's renewal for a sixth season. I said I was happy to hear that the show would be returning, but I had to be a little cheeky and ask if viewers would be getting "The Apocalypse 2: The Squeakquel" next season. Here's her response:

"No, you will not be getting Apocalypse, The Squeaquel in Season 6 (that's hilarious)," Gamble wrote. "We're climaxing that story this season. We've been working on the Season 6 storyline for quite some time, and we're very excited about it. We have lots of ideas, and are grateful for the chance to keep the show going.

"Please tell the fans that the writers say thank you! We so appreciate the support."

Remember when Kripke said he had a five-year plan for the show? However, as he said last summer at Comic-Con, Kripke has re-thought that plan and has stated various times in the last year or so that he could see how the Winchesters' story might last longer than five years. And based on Gamble's comments, it's looking like we'll get a whole new story line when the Winchester return in the fall of 2010.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune...atural-vampire-diaries-gossip-girl-90210.html

A whole new story for season 6! Wonder how they'll fit Cas in :(

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  6. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I love those behind the scenes snippets. I used to watch David Tennant's behind the scenes videos for Doctor Who. I love his Scottish accent. :drool:

Yeah, I read about "the catch" too... but then I read -

I read an article by a woman named Alice Jester (she posts articles/blogs on "The Winchester Family Business" website) who said that we shouldn't get all worked up over Ausiello's report that Kripke is definitely 100% stepping down as a showrunner. No one at the CW or Warner Brothers is confirming this information so... it might not be true. It might TOTALLY be true, but it's nowhere near a guarantee.

A different article back in May '09, published by the same woman, included this encouraging information: "Jared and Jensen are contracted through six, and so is Misha." That's right. Misha is contracted through season 6. :D

7. GregNickRyanFan

Oh, I hope that's true about Misha being contracted through season 6! As for how they could do it well, Cas could have his angel abilities fully restored by God when/if they find him (and Zach and his minions will be put in time out by their father lol) and maybe Cas will be like Bumble Bee (Transformers) and decide to stay with his charge(s)/friends. And then he can sort of be Dean and Sam's "Lorne" (Lorne was a good demon character on the Angel series). They could go to him when they need info on certain things they're fighting (or he could help them fight it) that maybe the books won't tell about. I mean let's face it, Cas has been around for a very long time (not on Earth, but still), so he could know a lot more about "demonology" (so to speak) than anyone who ever wrote a book on it. :lol:

By the way, I totally didn't realize that the writer for the MBV ep has the same last name as Chuck's writing pen-name. :lol:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  8. BabaOReilly

So if Misha's in 6, does that mean they aren't finishing the story arc after 5?

9. GregNickRyanFan

Not necessarily. They could get rid of Lucifer, but still have a storyline somewhere. I read this fic where someone had an idea for a 6th season would be that they'd need to lock the 66 seals to keep anything from ever being able to open them again. That could work. :)

10. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

OMG, I would love for Cas to do that!! :guffaw:

He can be their Bumblebee! That's so cute! As for Lorne, hehe, yeah, I could see that... I just wouldn't want the boys singing at Cas. :lol: Also, sadly, I read that the actor who played Lorne died in March '09. Congestive heart failure. :( RIP, Andy Hallett. But yeah, you're right, Cas is ancient and wise, I'm sure he's got a lot of knowledge in his head that could serve the boys well.

As for Chuck's pen-name, it's actually a mash-up of two surnames from two different writers - Jeremy Carver and Ben Edlund. Didja know that Bobby is most likely named after Robert Singer, a writer and director for Supernatural? :D

No, they're definitely finishing the apocalypse story arch this season. There are a number of reasons why Cas might stay behind next season, but I can guarantee they won't have anything to do with a continuing apocalypse. TPTB have made many assurances that this season's story arch won't stretch into any future season(s).

11. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Denise in Janesville, Wis.: I'm hoping you can answer this question since it has turned into a very heated debate among the Supernatural fandom. The so-called hot topic is this: Does Misha Collins' contract with the show end this year, or does it run through the newly announced season six? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We checked on this for you, and insiders tell us that as of right now, Misha Collins' Supernatural contract is just through to the end of the current fifth season—in part because when his deal was being worked out, there was no such thing as a season six.

Sources close to the CW Award-winning Best Supporting Actor are "hopeful" that Misha will be asked back for season six, but as of right now, folks close to the recurring player are in the same holding pattern as the rest of us.

News about whether or not we'll get more Misha should come down over the coming weeks and months as the writing staff sorts out storylines for season six.

So, do you guys want to see more of Castiel/Jimmy in season six of Supernatural? Use the comments to tell the powers-that-be how you feel about Misha! It might make all the difference in the world...

12. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

*sigh* Yeah, I've been reading about this the past day or two. It's so disappointing. I read an article written by a source I thought to be reliable, and then THIS happens... :(

Though the massive showing of support for the character is encouraging. The vast majority of respondents at the Eonline article are in favor of keeping Castiel around for another season. Some of them go so far as to say that they'll quit watching altogether if they don't see Cas next season. I'm not going that far, but I'll certainly be majorly pissed if they let Misha go.

13. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

:( I hope Misha is going to be part of Season 6, even if it means he's going to be Jimmy. I loved Jimmy :D

[​IMG]

I shall dance if Misha is involved, really I will :p :lol:

14. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: at the animation. What's that from?

15. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I'm very hopeful that Misha/Castiel is back next season. I know BuddyTV gave its opinions on what might happen with Cas but they neglected to mention 'The End' side of things; Cas can deal with losing more of his abilities and having to live like a human. I'm not sure if I want to see DragonflyEye!Cas :lol: but his journey is interesting and something 'Supernatural' has always tackled aside from the family angle: Being human.

We've had Sam struggle with keeping his humanity as well as Dean when he returned from Hell so why can't we have Castiel learning how to be human? Granted, Jimmy's fate might be a sticky situation but it's not impossible to explain it away. And he's (technically) been around for eons so he wouldn't be completely useless in terms of moving the plot with information. Not to mention there are still great opportunities for comedic relief.

I think Krip & co. wanted to go back to the season 1 dynamic where it's about the brothers and family with monsters-of-the-week but I think for a show that has evolved this much, it may be hard to completely return to what once was.

I know Misha stated at one of the conventions that he'd like to stay around as long as they'll have him so that's also encouraging. If they decide he's no longer needed...the show just won't be as fun for me. :p There's only so many times I can watch Pouty!Sam and the brothers arguing in their car before I want to see a different dynamic for a while. 'Free To Be You And Me' and 'My Bloody Valentine' were good examples of what I loved.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010