"Spellbound" Discussion **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

The song at the beginning of the episode was "Cutt Off" by Kasabian. (Yeah, the title has a double "t") :lol:

The scene came after Brass and Gil talked in Gil's office.
    Greg was walking in the hallway and then
    Grissom said: I need to talk to you.
    Greg: You heard about the strip club?
    Grissom: I hear about everything Greg.
    Greg: The ear surgery paid off.

Ah I missed that one, I watched the scene again, and yes Grissom did toss the pen! :lol: He was subtle and I didn't notice it at first. ;)

Although the case wasn't as good as Unusual Suspect, I thought this was a pretty good one, I was smiling and giggling all throughout. I will actually watch this episode again.
    I loved the Victoria's Secret girls in their Season 1 appearance more than this one though. They were funnier and sillier in Season 1 (Evaluation Day). The Greg scenes were one of the strongest moments of the episode. And I absolutely love discussion between Greg and Grissom at the end. The references to the earlier seasons showed that the newbie writer at least cares about continuity.

2. lauracathfan

lauracathfan Hit and Run

was catherine in this ep at all

3. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

I liked this episode! Although I missed Sara and Nick, I LOVED the fact that Greg was in alot of scenes :D He looked soooo droolworthy and I really like his hair!!! :) It was cute when Warrick got kinda irritated when he found out that he was backing up Greg and when he said that he would back Greg up to the end of a cliff (or something to that affect :lol: ) I hope the absence of characters wont be a continuing trend cuz I miss the characters that havent been in recent episodes. I missed Greg and Griss last week and this week I missed Nick and Sara. And Cath was only in one scene if I remember correctly. OMG and GRISSOM WORE TEH HAT!!! :) I was geeking out!!
    Aww and poor Greggo had spider bites :( He was just adorable last night. I spent alot of time giggling and squealing. Oh and did anyone else notice that Wendy was kinda flirting with him?? and I got irritated when that stripper hit on him :rolleyes:

4. RBC

RBC Coroner

Yes. Catherine was in it briefly stating that she didn't really like the journey to Disneyland because she would be in one car with her mother, daughter and Sam.

A very good, but also funny episode IMO. I also love the touch that they made by bringing back the characters Lori and Anna Leah again. I was watching, and I though; wasn't she also in Evaluation day. Than I looked at the brunette, and she turned out to be the same too :p

5. nickstokesfan

nickstokesfan Coroner

Greg is lucky Nick didn't hear him complaining about itty bitty spider bites!!! :p :)

6. iloveyou

iloveyou CSI Level One

It was on :D good thing that i kept the tv on after the oc :) oh man Greg was hiliroius and Grissom was a little grumpy :p so it made me laugh, what didnt make me laugh was that NICKY wasnt there !!! Last episode Greg wasn't there and this episode Nicky isnt there! and neither is Sara.. is something going on i dont no about ;)

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Just Untacking the thread, please feel free to continue the discussion. :)

8. Misery

Misery Pathologist

Personally, I like it more when they deal with two cases, so we have the chance to see all of the characters. Of course, sometimes, the case is good enough to stand alone, but Spellbound isn't one of them, for me atleast.

9. nickstokesfan

nickstokesfan Coroner

I agree. This was more like a Case B and they seemed to be trying to fill in the time. I know that some fans want more character development and interaction, but I just didn't find this episode sparkled. Last week's episode might have had less playful bantering, but I didn't want to miss one word about the case. Not so last night.

I hate to say this, but I used to like Greg more. He's in an awkward situation right now... he needs to keep his sense of humour to be Greg, but if he's too funny/jokey all the time, he won't be taken seriously as a mature and competent CSI. I think he needs to figure out how to become a respectable CSI without losing his personality. I find he's still too much like a kid sometimes and I'd like to see him grow up. See, Hodges is snarky/funny, but he's still very professional. I dunno, maybe I'm being too hard on Greg. I just think he has way more potential than he's using... so it's actually a compliment.

Sorry... I'm off topic.............. :)

10. keljopy

keljopy Witness

I wasn't all that intrigued by the case, it was just so-so. I really do like the way they've done the characters for the last two episodes. I think I'd much rather see some of the characters each week (as long as they didn't keep putting the same ones together) then see all of the characters for 3 seconds each.

11. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

blah episode. There were funny lines but that was it. The plot wasn't good enough. I don't know if it was the direction or the writing that sucked this time. Well it was nice to see more of the lab techs and of course to see Grissom and Greg again.

Anyways, I agree with keljopy about character screen time.

Thank God for Greg.

12. JangoBear

JangoBear Lab Technician

Bah! I just fired off an e-mail to Media Life Magazine's Diego Vasquez who writes about overnight ratings for saying that CSI is weakening because of tougher competition from American Inventor, My Name Is Earl, and The Office. :mad: :mad:

Please. CSI has easily handled all of those shows. I'm sure it was because of the programming glitch of some people getting Spellbound and others getting Weeping Willows.

Unfortunately, there are some crtics out looking for a way to knock on CSI anyway they can. :rolleyes:

Nice episode although I miss the A and B case format. I understand though that with filming 23 - 24 episodes a season now they have to double up in shooting. Thankfully next week it looks like everyone is together again. :)

13. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I enjoyed the episode- great to see Grissom back with his great expressions (on his face, I mean) and funny little comments. I LOVED the tone of his voice when he said "Surprise" to Greg. Too funny! :lol:

Lots of great one liners in this one from everybody really, so that was cool too.

The story was pretty interesting, and I think it had enough twists and turns between the case at hand and the older case to keep it interesting, but it still played a little like a B-story for me. Whatever, I still enjoyed it.

I'm torn about Greg. I love funny Greg (and he looked really cute; I'm totally liking his hair now, finally) but somehow it seems out of place for him in the role of CSI. I don't know... I guess maybe his character just always seems a little 2 dimensional to me, and I don't know if Eric just needs to put a little punch in his performance, or if the writer's are only giving him so much to work with. I haven't really seen him in anything else, so I can't compare acting performances.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the episode. Fun all around, and it was nice to see so much Grissom again. Gets me to thinking it would be harder for me to see him leave the show than I originally thought. :eek:

14. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

I liked the episode as well. I was surprised about all the information/character-development we got. Grissom went to see a psychic once? Greg's "Nana Olaf" was into the paranormal? Catherine and Sam Braun continuity? And once again, Warrick is having marital troubles. Looks like if we want any character development, we need to split up the screen time that the CSIs get: alternating episodes. Seems harsh, but that seems to be the route the writers and producers are taking.
    The two girls from the 'head in the trunk' episode are unlucky! :rolleyes:
    Oh, BTW, when I first saw Greg''s hair I had to stop and gasp! It's changed -- morphed if you will -- into some kind of poofy, 70s, Farrah Fawcett(sp?) hair-do! :eek: (I hope I'm not the only one who thought so!)

15. GumDrops

GumDrops Rookie

Nana and Papa Olaf! I loved that! Papa Olaf with the propecia and Nana Olaf's psychic! BUT...no Sara, no Nick, and Catherine's in one scene? Uh, excuse me for saying so, but WHERE are their heads at? Maybe in that trunk that the two girls dicovered...somehow I don't remember that OR the Wallace peisode, which makes me think they're doing what they're famous for-making up past episodes. And yes, I did notice Greg's hair. The plot was okay, I figured that Greg and Grissom would analyze the life out of the visions and the Summerlin/Summerland thing, but meh. It was a bit of a blah episode.