CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

In the case or we would have forgotten that she came from the montana, maybe?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  2. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

I KNOW!!!!! There are between 15 and 20 tracks of various sizes and surfaces in Montana, according to Google but I truly wish they would stop with the Montana references. I grew up in Ohio, but that stopped being my point of reference (for anything other than snow) a long time ago.

Linday and Danica are within an inch of being the same size and I think their weight is probably close too. Melina, on the other hand, is 5'8". The thing is, Melina pretty much always gets the good stuff. I don't mean to sound petty, but she does. She is the starring female so I guess that is how it goes.

I hope Lindsay and Mac have some good scenes together. I always like the chemistry between them and think it could be fun and good for both characters. Leave Stella at the lab and take Lindsay out for some fun.
    That's my wish.

Unfortunately, I will be watching it on-demand after midnight or even tomorrow morning because the local stations have chosen to run basketball instead.:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

3. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Maybe Anna is not as fond of racing as Lindsey is or maybe with a new baby she does not want to risk it. Melina on the other hand Loves that kind of stuff!!:thumbsup:

4. CSI Cupcake

Good point, Lori K. I wonder if they are using stunt drivers for Gary and Melina. Do we have any information that says Gary and Melina actually drive the cars themselves?

5. wildcat

wildcat Witness

That has absolutely nothing to do with the plot. ;) - There was a casting call for a kid to play a 10-year old Mac racing a soap-box car. So, looks like Mac is finally racing - for real. :thumbsup: :drool: - It's just for fun! :p And even though Lindsay may be a racing fan, it's not her, but Stella who is Mac's closest friend. :lol:

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Stella being Mac's "closest friend" has absolutely nothing to do with the plot. Lindsay being a racing fan would.

7. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

It doesn't really surprise me. They have previously indicated that Lindsay was a big fan of Speed Racer. Although as I recall it was Kendall that was into the street luge, so I assume that Lindsay was never into that.

8. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ :lol: I totally should've read this thread before watching the episode, because the Speed Racer thing is exactly what that part of it reminded me of.

9. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Personally, I would have liked to see Adam driving the real thing and forgetting about Playstation. Lindsay would have made sense too. Stella? Not that much. It was just a cheap source of Smacked bonding moments.

10. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

I've got a question ....

On twitter early in the season Nelly told us it was his first appearance of five. We now get spoilers for episode 18 and no Nelly :confused::confused: I wonder if he just dissapeared or if he will be involved in a case for the end of the season (only 22 this year) maybe the Danny's badge arc:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What do you think guy ????

11. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

It is maybe that want to show us the scriptwriters, further to the loss of its badge The pressure which he lives since he knows that Shane is in on it.

For Nelly, perhaps, i hope this!

12. CSI Cupcake

^Perhaps we are supposed to interpret his tired, worn appearance as that of someone dealing with the residual effects of his injury. Unfortunately, I don't think of that when I see Carmine. I automatically think that the actor doesn't look rested, or looks thin, just like when I hear one of the actors have a raspy voice or a nasal tone that isn't usually there I automatically think, poor (actor's name) has a cold. That must be tough to work through.

13. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I'm confused by this also. Last night was the first time I really thought he looked depressed. He seemed really flat and struggling to raise even a tiny smile in the face of much banter from Adam and Lindsay. It felt a little like he was going through the motions. I really hope it is Danny and not Carmine and that it's gonna get tied back to everything that's happened. So far, Danny's injury has been tied a little too neatly. The fact is, if he is still in a lot of pain then that in itself can lead to depression.

I have to admit to being curious about the whole badge thing and who does or doesn't know. :)

14. CSI Cupcake

In thinking about this more (like I have nothing better to do!!) I can see where the character, and maybe even the actor, could get a bit lost with what and who Danny is supposed to be now.

I rewatched some scenes from last season and Danny looked happier, excited about being a father and trying to be a more responsible, smarter man than he had in the past in order to "be that guy" for Lindsay. He seemed to have purpose and a positive energy last season.

But when you look at where the character is now you wouldn't know it. Here's Danny today:

He's not single anymore so they can't treat him as such.

He's married, yet aside from some endearments and a discussion about diapers the show has really downplayed the marriage angle (after the opening arc to establish where they are as a couple).

He's a father yet we have yet to see him as a father in the show, except for the one scene with Lucy in the nursery.

He doesn't want to be that screw up. He wants to be "that guy" yet he doesn't want to report his stolen badge.

We don't know if his injury is healed completely or not. It seems to be pulled out at will by the writers in order to remind us of it but all other times he appears to be fine.

I'm just not seeing much in his character yet and if that depresses me as a fan, then I can't imagine what it must be doing to the actor. Danny used to have a lot of life in him but until the writers find a direction for him that accomodates the changes in his life he seems to be drifting. I know a lot of folks will probably say that it was a mistake to tie him to Lindsay, but I don't see that as the problem. The problem lies in perhaps not having the forethought to know where they wanted to take the character afterwards. He needs a passion for something new.

15. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

I found your analyse very interresting, it's perhaps true!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.