Episode 8x15 - 'Miami, We Have a Problem' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

I loved this episode.

It made me remember why I loved this show in the first place -- great characters, interesting story and an emotional connection.

Totally loving the hands-on experiments this season. :D I hope they keep it up. This one was definitely worth the wait until 11pm (other plans took over the beginning of the evening).

A+ from me. :D

Also, loved Ryan doing the whole math thingy in the lab with Travers. Finally. Smart Ryan. :D

I loved that! I felt kind of like I was watching an episode of "Numbers". Think Ryan's a fan? :lol: I love how he asked Travers if it was in American or British measurements and Travers said he adjusted it to American for him and Ryan said "thank you". Too cute.

Icarus Doe? :lol:

W: Maybe our vic is an alien. :lol:
R: No, I think Tom would have mentioned the green blood. :guffaw:

I like when Walter said maybe Tom was from space and that it would explain a lot about him. :lol:

Ryan with the drill thing. First of all :drool: Secondly, he was funny saying he'd be gentle and then laughing.

There was a lot more of Ryan in this ep than I expected, but Natalia only got one tiny little scene with Calleigh? Hopefully that's when she was filming AMC and that's why she wasn't on much.

Jesse and Walter sure were having fun floating around weightless. Loved their childlike glee and laughs.

Did we really need to see Walter puke though? Gross!

W: What's up with you pulling guns all the time? :lol:
J: What's up with you throwing up?

Hehe they sounded like bickering brothers in that scene.

I'm gonna give the ep a solid A.

I was bored with this one -- something just didn't grab me.

I did like the amount of Ryan, & I can always appreciate it when TPTB show him being SMART! Kudos for that one.
But, a bit too much Walter & Jesse for my taste -- Walter especially didn't impress me in this episode, which is a first.

C-

There was a lot more of Ryan in this ep than I expected, but Natalia only got one tiny little scene with Calleigh? Hopefully that's when she was filming AMC and that's why she wasn't on much.

Sorry no offense but why is everyone assuming each time Nat goes missing it is due to her AMC thing. Clearly it is obviously not and no excuse. She didn't take months to film that thing. She just has really horribly bad screen time this season. Well moving on.

I totally love this episode! CSIs in space! It's classic!

Now I'm like the biggest Sci-Fi fan ever and probably has seen every recent and maybe even past Sci-Fi shows, but I found the CSI ep incredibly refreshing and unique and very much Miami-style! I certainly didn't find it dull at all considering I was laughing my head off at about every scene in this episode!

It's always a good day when an episode can make me burst into giggles so easily!

Brilliant ep! Definitely a A+ for me!

I wasn't able to watch the ep "live" last night like I usually do. And watching it on CBS's site doesn't work for me. I tried. Will the ep be posted here on the forum like the last few times?

I really liked this episode. I am interested in space travel (and a BIG Star Trek fan) so I figured I would enjoy it.

Random Thoughts:

It does bother me a little that they let poorly trained people go into space. Astronauts train for years to go up and others go up because they have mega bucks? Maybe that is why what happened happened.

I LOVED Ryan in every scene he was in. He was cute (loved the suit), smart and funny.
--Loved his interactions with Jesse and Walter. Walter and Ryan play well off of each other and Jesse fills the big brother, straight man role well.
--Brainstorming with Mike Travers (good to see him), writing the formula on the wall(?) which figured out the motive. It showed us that, yes Ryan is pretty intelligent.
--I laughed out load at Ryan with the saw and his "I'll be gentle" comment. Good job Jon:thumbsup:

I got a kick out of Jesse's boyish enthusiasm on being on the ship. I would have felt the same way!

Only one scene of Natalia:(

I liked the tag teaming in the interrogation scene; Ryan, Jesse and Frank each was involved.

Explosive Decompression of the lungs. Gross and YUCK!

Walter=Iron Belly:lol:

Jesse and Walter are sure braver than I would be going up in the ship (I could tell they were having a good time). As much as going up in a ship or a shuttle interests me on some level, I have to side with Ryan on this one: I wouldn't want to go up into anything called the "vomit comet" either. And I knew Walter was going to vomit (not that I needed to see it).

Horatio in the lab. Need to see more of that.

Found Calleigh sitting with the widow comforting her at the end was touching. Calleigh does well in this role.

All in all an A. There seemed to be quality as well as quantity for all (except Natalia:(); everyone had a funny as well as serious moment. Back to the team concept:thumbsup:

Just watched last night's eppy on CBS.com. The plot was a bit far-fetched for my taste, but it was otherwise entertaining. The CSI Miami writers should leave the SciFi stuff to the experts, though.:lol:

Pluses:
- More Ryan
- Walter was hilarious :guffaw:(but him throwing up, not so much)
- H and his haircut
- Touching final scene between Calleigh and the victim's wife.

Minuses:
- Too much Jesse
- Not enough Natalia:(
- Huge gross factor (imagining the victim exploding in outer space made my skin crawl; not to mention Walter puking)
- No Eric (but that's pretty much a standing order for me regarding all the "Adam-less" episodes ;) )

All in all, I'd give this episode a B.

Loved this ep. LOVED IT. It was fun, had good writing (Ryan: I'll be gentle) and was science-centric, something I've been missing for a while.

I loved the banter between Ryan, Jesse and Walter.

And Dr. Tom was hilarious. That guy is growing on me more and more.

Plus Lt. Caine in a labcoat? Le Puuuurrrrr. :thumbsup:

Possibly the best episode I've seen so far this season.

A+

Another good episode that had one guessing right to the very end. Another reason is that I got to watch this ep in HD (and from now on all other eps):)

Is it me or did they recycle the actor who played the helicopter pilot? I'm sure I've seen him before in another episode. Speaking of helicopters, when Horatio and Ryan were inspecting the helicopter, a man could be seen walking behind them. For a moment I could have sworn it was Eric (Their physiques were the same) but it was some other guy.

In the scene where Ryan says he'll go easy on the shuttle, for a moment I thought he was going to ask for a ride in exchange for leaving the shuttle alone but our boy wouldn't do that silly me...

Rating 4/5

I was pleasantly surprised by this one. When I first saw the plotline, I thought, "Oh God, you've gotta be kidding me!" But it was actually pretty good, I thought.

I liked the fact that H, Ryan, Walter, and Michael Travers were all in the lab and were even working out Bernouli's Principle (Nope, no clue, physics was never my thing). Both Tom Loman and Michael Travers were really good in this epi.

I laughed at Iron Belly Walter doing the technicolor yawn. Only thing that would've been funnier is if he'd yakked on Jesse's shirt. :guffaw: Just cause I'm a meanie. I also loved the "Three Musketeers" moment. Walter, Jesse and Ryan play really well off each other.

Why was Horatio saying "Walter" in almost every sentence? That distracted me.

Loved the ending in which Calleigh put an arm around the grieving widow. I didn't like how Calleigh just became so cold and distant. Here's hoping she's coming back to her roots. I give it an A-.

I loved this episode.

It made me remember why I loved this show in the first place -- great characters, interesting story and an emotional connection.

Totally loving the hands-on experiments this season. :D I hope they keep it up. This one was definitely worth the wait until 11pm (other plans took over the beginning of the evening).

A+ from me. :D

I totally agree with you. This was such a wonderful episode.
The writers who penned this definitely deserve a pat on the back.

Why was Horatio saying "Walter" in almost every sentence? That distracted me.

Horatio does that all the time.. to anyone he's talking to. The best are older scenes of him an Alex

"Alexx why is this victimm..."

"I don't know Horatio..."

"yes..but Alexx..."

"I know, Horatio, it's weird...."
:guffaw::guffaw:

It does bother me a little that they let poorly trained people go into space. Astronauts train for years to go up and others go up because they have mega bucks? Maybe that is why what happened happened.

I guess when you are doing innovative work, trying to revolutionize space flight, there is always a price to pay. I mean, we all have to start out as rookies and amatures somewhere. I'm sure the first people who went up to space were no experts either. But there is always a sense in the regular world that other people should get chances to go up to space as well, not just trained astronauts. I mean, there are only a handful of people who are allowed, and I'm sure many resents that only a select few gets to have that chance of a lifetime. And of course when space tourism went public, regular human beings jumped at the chance of being in space.

I can understand why space tourism is the way it is. And I'm sure the owner of the plane and the pilot were both trained in this field, clearly they know how it worked. But I don't think what happened is because they were people who paid money and aren't astronauts. The metero hit would have happened and has happened on space stations and shuttles. And as for the stand-off with who lives and who dies, that's pure human desperation and certainly would have happened whether if you were trained or not trained. When human survival instincts kick in, people will do anything to survive.

--Loved his interactions with Jesse and Walter. Walter and Ryan play well off of each other and Jesse fills the big brother, straight man role well.
--Brainstorming with Mike Travers (good to see him), writing the formula on the wall(?) which figured out the motive. It showed us that, yes Ryan is pretty intelligent.
--I laughed out load at Ryan with the saw and his "I'll be gentle" comment. Good job Jon:thumbsup:

Ryan sure was adorable! And I like that Jesse plays the big brother of the group, I think it's rather cute that there is someone to look out for Ryan and for Walter!

The writing on the glass was hilarious, reminds of Numb3rs were the glass walls were nearly in use all the time. Although I have to admit, Ryan's penmanship left alot to be desired....I wasn't exactly sure what he was writing even though I understood what he was talking about.....:p

Loved his little devious smirk when he said "I'll be gentle.." LOL! Very evil indeed!

I got a kick out of Jesse's boyish enthusiasm on being on the ship. I would have felt the same way!

Totally! I so wanna get on that plane! Sonic boom jets are one thing, but space orbiting planes...oh man...that is just SO AMAZING!:eek:

Jesse and Walter are sure braver than I would be going up in the ship (I could tell they were having a good time). As much as going up in a ship or a shuttle interests me on some level, I have to side with Ryan on this one: I wouldn't want to go up into anything called the "vomit comet" either.

I would totally be squealing in excitement if I ever got a chance to be on that awesome g-force jet! That's like once in a lifetime deal that I would never pass up! LOL! I guess calling it the Vomit Comet wasn't exactly the best idea....hehe:lol:

Found Calleigh sitting with the widow comforting her at the end was touching. Calleigh does well in this role.

That was very sweet of Calleigh, I liked it....of course, I'd much rather getting a hug from Horatio though.....I know from experience that David Caruso gives the best hugs! I can see why people are always happy to have Horatio hug them!;)

Back