Mac <3 Stella #19 - I won't give up if you dont give up.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Ghawazee, Jan 23, 2010.

?

Smackie NAME needed!

Poll closed Jan 26, 2010.
  1. Mac <3 Stella #19: Proving love can really conquer all.

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. Mac <3 Stella #19:"I won't give up if you dont give up."

23 vote(s)
    79.3%
  3. Mac <3 Stella #19: "'Coz it all comes down to Christmas".

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mac <3 Stella #19: "I need a sign to let me know you're here"

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  5. Mac <3 Stella #19: "Because i will be right here waiting for you"

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. *Stardust*

*Stardust* Prime Suspect

Yeah, first of all, I totally agree with Lori and second, I will say this again and again if I have to: Gillian was supposed to be a "love interest" too, so was Jordan and so was pyscho Drew for Stella and what happened in the end?! Absolutely NOTHING! Oh and remember how they announced the firefighter?! Like it would be this huge great relationship for Stella and what happened? We got to see him twice for 2 minutes and that was that! Finito!
    I don't like that Amick person either but if we keep driving ourselves nuts it won't change anything either! And who says she'll stay? Maybe she'll only be there for a few episodes! I don't think it matters that much if people like her or not, because people seemed to like Haylen too and she was gone again in an instant! If TPTB want someone gone, they'll let them go. Simple as that. Also, they are professionals at fooling the audience and managed to confuse us more times than I can count.
    I'm sorry, but I really don't know what else to say.

Btw, i tried to state my opinion on the new love interest topic, or actually on smacked on the main discussion forum in the spoiler thread because I was sick of the way smacked shippers were judged and ridiculed in there and that's the reply I got:

So much for voicing our opinion. They don't want to hear it there.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  2. hammer227

hammer227 Rookie

A-M-E-N!!!!!!

i totally agree with everything you said:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

3. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Hey family.

Listen, we gotta stay strong. There's enough evidence from previous "love interests" (Gillian, Firenit, Virus) to show that this love interest won't last. I'm going to give them a chance, mostly 'cause I want Stella jealousy moments :p

Anyway, a friend of mine who also likes Mac and Stella was telling me that in the romance things, they always have to bring someone else in for one to realize that they really love the other :adore: So, this love interest thing could be good.

[​IMG]

Fave picture :adore::adore::adore:

Talk to you all soon. Love ya.

Axel

4. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

one more reason why I rarely venture out from this place :)
    Because as I try and do have respect for everyone elses ships most of the time other people do not have that towards me. And that's fine until I don't get slapped in the face with it. :) ;)

I am going to start watching season 2 tonight :drool::drool:
    Whoot-whoot! :thumbsup:

5. *Stardust*

*Stardust* Prime Suspect

I love you. Honestly, thanks for saying all this, I think you're totally right. I've trying to tell everyone to stay calm all the time and I hope it works if we're more people thinking like that. Thanks for the lovely Gary/Melina pic :adore:

And I love you too, Karlia and I agree with you too. I didn't intend to go into this thread but someone in our thread said we should go there and tell them what we think regarding Ebola, so I tried to do that (in a very grown-up way!) but the truth is that they don't care what we think. They just judge and ridicule us and if we defend ourselves they tell US to stay in the smacked thread. So people there can bash us but we aren't even allowed to defend ourselves! How unfair and disrespectful is that? I don't care about D/L either but I would never offend anyone who roots for them! Such behavior is so immature and childish. Yeah, I'll definitely never go back to the general thread again. I won't let myself get all worked up, it's really not worth it.

6. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

I'm sorry Stardust was it my post? If so I suggested to go and vote on the survey at "Buddy T.V". Top does not want talk about ships in the spoiler thread because it can cause for a "war" zone!:lol: When the season opened in the motel scene with Stella and you know who, things got pretty hot. There was a thread created for likes and dislikes of ships because there became "Adella" fans and "Smack" fan wars! As a matter of fact some "Adella" fans post in here but they have feelings for both ships I guess!:confused: But none the less they are not impolite or cause problems. We all get passionate about our favorites that is what makes them our favorites and when someone attacks them in an unfavorable light well we defend them:thumbsup:. Spoiler thread is for upcoming information and I dont know how new you are to all of this but it is good to refresh the info as newbies are joining us all the time. Waves to newbies! :).
    Someone over there had the perception that SMACK is perceived as only a romantic ship and not a friendship, but for some of us it is that friendship that leads us to delve into the possibility of more which makes this ship so enjoyable. :thumbsup: To think and to say it is not "Canon" does not mean it has no substance... it is what you want it to be so enjoy your ship!:thumbsup:

7. *Stardust*

*Stardust* Prime Suspect

I don't think it was you who said that Lori, I don't remember who it was... But that's okay ;) What I wanted to say is that I kept reading in said spoiler thread and people kept ridiculing smacked shippers, accusing them of living in a fairytale fanfiction world and I felt really offended because this simply isn't true (at least not in my case!). That's why I wrote something there. I knew that this thread wasn't made for shipper discussions but I wasn't the one starting it, I was simply trying to defend smacked supporters because posters kept offending them. I'm not living in a dream world, thinking Mac and Stella are together but it's a fact that Gary and Melina have awesome chemistry and that's a big reason why Mac and Stella are so great together and why their bond is so special, whether it's romantic or not. I adore their friendship and if it eventually develops into something more I'd be very pleased but I'm not starry-eyed, thinking they'll confess their undying love for each other like in some Hollywood tear jerker. It would be OOC for both of them and from what I've seen from the very beginning, they never needed a lot of words to communicate and tell each other how they feel. Also to me, what they already have is worth much more than what most actual couples have. :)

8. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Wow. I had no clue they thought about us like that...I think I'm partly to blame for that :p Anyway, I agree with what you said about Gary and Melina having awesome chemistry, 'cause it's true. They've had a noticeable chemistry since day 1. Oh and again, I totally agree with your last comment. They have a bond that is so amazing. They are so close and know so much about each other. It's great.

9. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

And you did good!:thumbsup:

And it just exudes on screen even people who dont watch the show comment on it if they catch it while I am watching:)

I agree. And not to many "Shippers" can say that of there favorite couple! It is sincere and strong in friendship. Two significant goals unforced by either. They are natural and true . Even if people dont ship them they still enjoy them. :thumbsup:

10. wildcat

wildcat Witness

Hi, Family!

Oho.... That's going to be a rather long and serious message - please bear with me. ;)

Yes! We should express our opinion about Ebola there. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, your attempt turned out to be NOT about Ebola, but about how you feel being attacked and ridiculed because you support Smacked.

I understand you and I absolutely empathize with your feelings. ;) I'll say even more - I feel the same - very offended, sometimes outraged when I read for N-th time some derogatory remarks. :devil: But I know that I'm not stupid, I'm not an empty exalted girl they try to pin on me, I'm not living in a dream world, :p - so I try to abstract myself from all that and not comment on what they think of me. :cool: - That's NOT on the subject. Top's right there. More than that, I would expect him to stop all the remarks "I wish to see how the Smackies are going to react" as well. Unfortunately, it did not go that far. :shifty:

I regret that you got a slap for your natural reaction to the slander. I regret it even more because it was not my intention to put you up to that. :evil:

BTW, you did really good defending Smackies there! I can only applaud you. :thumbsup: :luvlove::beer:

Anyhow, may be I was too brief in my last message and it was difficult to figure out what I meant, and that led to some misunderstanding. I'll try again. -

There is a discussion on spoilers thread which have a direct repercussion on Smacked. Not a discussion on Smacked as such, but all sorts of opinions related to this spoiler - how Mac's "new love interest" is interesting, exciting, long-due, etc. :devil: Everybody can comment - not only those who dislike an idea of Mac and Stella having a special relationship. But nearly all opinions expressed there are coming from those who are against Smacked. :rolleyes: Why? THis is the place where we can get heard. NOT discussing Smacked and why we like them, but expressing an opinion on what WE expect/don't expect from this new character, what effect it may have on our heroes. Do you agree that our opinion would be somewhat different from the one of those who don't support Smacked? ;) Don't you think it would be nice to have some balance there? :cool:

And the only condition to be heard there is that the comments do have to be related to the spoilers. Oh, here is an analogy - imagine you are writing an essay (let's say on French impressionism ;)). You can write about a lot of things there, some of them may be pretty far off (like your opinion on the universe :lol:) but they have to be related in some way or tied to the essay's title/subject.

Some of that goes for the finale topic. There are no restrictions there on what you are allowed to wish and what not. It's NOT a discussion on ships, it's a wish list. :p Some people want more Adam, some - less Mac, some - anybody but naked. Only Smakies want nothing because they are all snuggled here behind closed door. :rolleyes:

Well, it is not a general call to war.;) It's something to think about.

And if one day later some of you decide to venture out there - beware you'll need a very thick skin, because they really don't care how we feel about their remarks and they really don't want to hear why we like Smacked. But they will listen to your opinion on the new character or the new scene.

I hope, I'm more clear now. :confused:

No, Lori, it was not you, it's been ME! :lol: I really don't understand why all of you (well, the majority) stay hidden here and never express your opinion on the main thread. Once again, to be absolutely clear, I mean your opinion on the new developments planned by TPTB (including Mac's "new love interest"), not your opinion on SMacked.

BTW, Stardust, I would prefer you naming me as the person who's appeal you followed (somehow I just don't believe you don't remember ;) ) - I always stand by my words and thus don't ever mind the direct reference. :cool:

Here it is! :thumbsup: That's what I was talking about. Why didn't you say the same there? It would have been right on topic! (No, it's not at all a call to go back there and write something else. :lol: - just an example - may be, for somebody, for some other time - like when she's really there and we'll have more things to discuss.;)

Oh, no. I don't think anybody here is ready to give up. Nobody suggests that AFAIK. ;) Just the opposite! :lol:

I hope they do race each other. It would be a great scene! :thumbsup: And - yes, I see Stella kicking his a.. - she's more passionate and may be reckless. ;)

11. *Stardust*

*Stardust* Prime Suspect

Wildcat - Thanks for your long reply and I'm really sorry if I misunderstood you and even more sorry that I made you feel like you made me put up with that!! :( It was really only my decision, I didn't have to go there and certainly wouldn't blame you for my actions!! I hope you're not mad at me :(
    I really wanted to express my opinion on Ms. Amick in that thread but I got so distracted and mad when I read all the stuff they were writing about us smacked shippers and I just felt I had to defend us, I acted on impulse. I'm glad that at least I didn't do such a bad job at that ;) I really would like to express my opinion on the new love interest in the thread you mentioned but I'm afraid I'm gonna cross the line and say something I regret if people start being offensive and rude again, no matter what I write. That's why I like to stay hidden in here as well, as you called it ;) But maybe I'll give it a try!

Lori and Axel - I agree with both of you :)
    And that's right, we won't give up!
    (I think our thread title is to interprete in more than one way ;))

Damn right, she is! :D I love kick-ass Stella! :D

12. Nirce

Nirce Hit and Run

Hi Smackeds

Turning to wish a blessed Sunday.

And I do not care if people do not believe there is much more than friendship between Mac and Stella. I know. You know. We know. That is enough. We do not need words. The look, the gestures between them are worth a thousand words.

"The eyes reveal everything we think we are and want. But that does not mean that all people see, and even the spectators, many people are perceived. These are the few that love, in a reciprocal manner. There are gestures that we are full of feeling, not words. "

I will not say I'm quiet for Mac and ebola. But we've been through this before both he and Stella. So we'll survive this situation and want the best for us smackeds to come.

13. sucker4-SMacked

sucker4-SMacked Prime Suspect

this is going to be a short reply from me...

i have one question though... WHEN are we going to get an article of how GARY feels about him having a new love interest?

we had articles of how people felt about the Adam and Stella thing.

i have a feeling the writers are just doing it for the enjoyment of our rage. and WHY... WHY in the H*LL does Mac need a New "LOVE" INTEREST!! Hawkes is getting one, why must they mess with Mac.

I have to admit, even though I'm a SMacked fan I rather see Mac alone than with a random woman or women all together. He seems a HELLUVA LOT better being single...

thats all I got to say, I'll have more input of when "Ebola" comes on the screen... i read somewhere that they "literally" ran into each other, he's worried about Reed probablyhim or Stella. But you must admit MAC seems happier and less stressed being single.

thats just my two cents, so take it as you will

14. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

i'm going to have to disagree with you here, at least when it comes to mac recently. sure the whole virus thing made him stressed, but that was because she really was..................*trying to think of uncensorable word*....un-nice. particularly the last two eps (but i could tie this all the way back to 'epilogue'), there have been moments that screamed from the mountain tops that dark/depressed mac is back. just look at his body language...........it's the saddest most defeated projection we have seen from him in a long, long time. just a couple real quick examples:

6.13 - when sid asked him how that girl's mother gets through the day, he replies in heaviest most subdued tone without looking at sid, "she does what the rest of us do.....................she keeps moving forward".

6.14 - "i used to look forward to a new snow fall........." again, listen to his tone of voice, and don't tell me he was broken up about the fact they had no footprints. please..........the loss of possible footprints is that important? besides, just look at his body language during that moment, as well as when the parents ID'd the body and basically the entire episode. and the end scene? :(:(:(:(

like i said though, i could present instances all the way through this season. :( i'm not going to go into my theory of why (trust me i have a rather well formulated one ;)) as this is not the mac thread and i've probably strayed as far off-topic enough as it is! :p

long point short, while it's the most beautiful idea to have SMacked and Stella be there and fill the hole inside him that has been there since Claire died, i truely don't think they're going to do that until either a) the end of the series, or b) gary/mac leaves the show. (if it's this latter option, maybe that's why gary's never touched on the subject in any interviews........) and personally, while i'll always root for SMacked :)hugegrin::adore:), in the mean time, celibacy does NOT suit mac :)lol:)! *darkly* trust me though, if ebola treats him badly...................*double-checks trusted silenced desert eagle*:evil:

15. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Been there! :thumbsup:And my skin is VERY THICK!!!:lol: