Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Ghawazee, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Choose New Stellarina Thread!

Poll closed Aug 10, 2009.
  1. Stella/Melina #7: 'Cause even Athene and Aphrodite worship her.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. Stella/Melina #7: The perfect combination of brains, looks, and personality.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Stella/Melina #7: a goddess came down to earth !

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. Stella/Melina #7:Athene in her mortal form.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Stella/Melina #7: Zeus' gift to Hollywood.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Stella/Melina#7 'Cause she is the angel that enlighten our hearts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. Stella/Melina #7: Because she´s the Greek Goddess of Crimonology

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. Stella/Melina #7Because she´s the heart and soul of the CSI-team

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  10. Stella/Melina#7 Because Lady Liberty speaks in Greek!

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  11. Stella/Melina#7 Because she is the light and soul of NY Lab

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Stella/kelina#7 Because we all love Rambo Stella

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. aussieturtle

aussieturtle Witness

Oh no! I can't watch the interview until I either get onto another computer or get my earphones on because I cant blast it while at university.

I misjudged the dates of next week. It is now 7 days to wait for Percy Jackson, not 5. (Well, 6 and a half) But still, not long now. I have already requested next thursday off work, just in case its an evening premiere and I would otherwise be working. The woman at the theatre told me I couldnt get my ticket yet, because the screening times werent even finalised yet. I can buy my ticket on tuesday though, which I will certainly be doing.

On another matter entirely, we had a robbery at work tonight and the police never even showed. Slack.

Anyway have a good time everyone, fossicking around for Melina-related stuff or whatever else it is you like to do in your spare time lol.

2. wildcat

wildcat Witness

Thanks for the link!

Wau! It looks even better then I expected. Seems there is a lot of impressive special effects too. :drool:
    I guess Melina should be absolutely happy now - she finally will be able to show her daughters how her work looks when everything is finished and it's out on the screen. :)

I'm wondering - will it have a sequel? Does anybody know?

3. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hi Stellarinas,

thanks for the link, Perl:).

Well, I guess Melina is approaching exciting days and weeks, with her daughters ready to watch Mummy for the first time on screen :lol: and with 6.18 being another Stella-episode.
    Well, also exciting prospects for us ;).

How many Percy-Jackson-books are there, two or three? I suppose there will be sequels then, especially if the movie will be a big box office hit, fingers crossed :thumbsup:.

Byeeee, hugs to all :)

4. *Stardust*

*Stardust* Prime Suspect

Danke gut, und dir? :p :D You can call me Vanessa, btw ;)

Oh me too!! :D I loved it when she told that story :lol:

Are you gonna watch it in the theater? I really want to but I hate dubbed movies/tv and I doubt anyone's going to go see it in the English Cinema with me...:rolleyes: GAH. I guess I'll have to find other sources... :devil: ;)

Can't wait for NY 6.18 either! I love Stella-centric eps :adore: She always kicks ass! :D

Thanks so much for the Melina interview, Perl! :D She's sweet and adorable as always :adore: And I gotta say the promo for this movie looks quite promising too :) I just need to get used to Pierce Brosnan's beard :lol: I love him but this beard, omg... :wtf: :lol:
    I'm hoping for sequels as well, we definitely need more Melina-Goddess-awesomeness! :adore: :D

See ya all :D

5. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

GIRLS!!!

I just saw a commercial for Percy Jackson on TV and guess who was in it? That's right, Melina was in it! I can't find it on YouTube though :( She wasn't in it for very long, but she was in it! All you see is Annabeth say "Mom?" and then you see Melina :D

Okay, so I've had my Melina fix for the day :lol: I'm excited. Less than a week to go. I can't wait to see it.

6. starrybluemoon

starrybluemoon Dead on Arrival

Hey Guys!!!!:):)
    I am SO EXCITED for the MOVIE!!! I really CAN'T WAIT:)

Okay, So while I was randomly roaming around youtube, I came accross this video of Melina doing an interview-in her ATHENA COSTUME!!!
    So here's the link:bolian::bolian::bolian:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSwIWe9Zbiw&feature=sub

Hope You guys enjoy;)

7. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hey, Dears, it´s so great to have something to look forward involving Melina that´s different to CSI. Don´t get me wrong, I love Stella Bonasera, but it´ll be great to watch her in a completely different role :).

starrybluemoon, thanks for the link. This special scene that Melina describes when mother and daughter meet each other, maybe that´s the one, Axel, you saw in that trailer snippet :bolian:.

Hey, Vanessa;),

Danke, mir gehts auch gut :D.

I think, Melina should write a book with all the collected anecdotes of her great, crazy Greek family, that would surely be great fun to read :lol:.

I hope they´ll show the movie in the original version, too, because like you I don´t really like dubbed movies, though I like Melina´s German voice, but the translations from the English to the German versions are sometimes.....erm, adventurous, to say the least :D.
    But I´m pleased the movie will be released over here next Thursday; I had thought that we might have to wait longer for it, since its premier in the USA and Canada is next week, too.
    So aussie, lucky you, lucky me, lucky us :D.

Yep, I mean, I´m biased anyway :D, but Stella-episodes are the highlights of the show. Melina is a great actress, so she needs space to shine and excel.

Hugs to you all :)

PS: Where on Earth is LAMM-Debs :eek::D?

8. *Stardust*

*Stardust* Prime Suspect

Hey ya all! :D

axel, you are so lucky!!! A Percy commercial with Melina in it!! :adore: Want to see it too!!!

starrybluemoon - you just killed me!!! :hugegrin: :luvlove: Thanks for that link, she's so HOT and cute and just adorable :drool: :drool: :adore: :adore: I'm in lurrrrve!! :adore: :drool: (for those of you who haven't figured it out yet, I'm quite fond of women... just thought I'd put that out there... given that I'm a woman myself ;) Hope nobody's got a problem with me being that open about it)

I think so too! Omg, now I really really want to see that trailer... :adore:

Schön! :D

Same here!! :thumbsup: :D

Absolutely!! :lol: Like the family in "My big fat Greek wedding"! :guffaw:I love that movie! :lol: Too bad Melina had to turn down the lead role, she would have been perfect for it!!! :D :D

Yeah, lucky us!! :D
    I don't mind Melina's German voice either (it's one of the better "dubbing voices" out there imo ;)) but I very much prefer her real voice ;) And that's right, the translations are sometimes not.. that... good :lol:... or maybe I should say a bit far-fetched :rolleyes: :lol: That's why I hardly ever watch csi ny in German. I just can't take it for a very long time ;)

I couldn't agree with you more! I just remebered something Jerry Bruckheimer once said: Stella is like the Statue of Liberty of CSI:NY :D:thumbsup:

No clue! :eek: Been wondering about the same thing... O Debbie, where art thou?:confused: ;)

9. makkem

makkem Hit and Run

Thanks for that interview link starrybluemoon. That's two films I want to see the next coming weeks Invictus (about 1997 Rugby World Cup) & Percy Jackson. Melina looks hot in that costume

10. rmiller31

rmiller31 Victim

Melina will be a guest on the syndicated Bonnie Hunt show tomorrow 2/9/10, so check your local listings in the US.

11. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hey, all,

thank you rmiller31 for the information. I hope soon after the show someone will put it on youtube or somewhere else, so that we can all watch it :drool:.

Gell? :D

Yes, I love that movie very much, too, and it would have been brilliant for Melina to play in it. But Zoe was already knocking on her door at that time :lol:.

Melina´s voice is the real thing, I agree :D, but like Gillian Anderson´s German voice I also really enjoy Melina´s dubbing voice, it has a nice timbre or what´s it called ;). Anyway, so I watch CSI both in German and English and try not to bother about the lousy translations :lol:. But I´m glad that at least Stella´s Greek lines are not dubbed, I´d go :klingon: if they´d do that :D.

Yes, and Anthony Zuiker called Melina a real Greek Goddess- wise man :D :thumbsup:.

Pfiat di :D, hugs to you and all other Stellarinas :)

12. rmiller31

rmiller31 Victim

First of all, you're welcome. :) As to its availability on-line, the Bonnie Hunt Show has video snippets of most of their interviews at bonniehunt.com...so you might check there in a couple of days for a glimpse. Also, The Bonnie Hunt Show does have its own YouTube Channel which should have a more complete version up there soon.

Hope someone here can help me find a video of Melina singing the US National Anthem at a Cleveland Browns football game. I think she mentioned it in an earlier interview, but I haven't been able to come up with it yet.

13. stellaluvr14

stellaluvr14 Civilian

Ooh, I can't wait to see her. :]

14. aussieturtle

aussieturtle Witness

As usual it has been several days since I was here last and I cant watch the interviews. Ah well, I will content myself with the fact that it is 42 and a half hours until I get to see Percy Jackson!!! Im going to buy my ticket today, they wouldnt let me last week, but today I can buy it. Whats more I got paid today so I can afford it. I will let you guys know as soon as I see the movie what its like, without spoilers of course.

15. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

:D i am here NUT and sweet Van! :D I have been away for too long. Thank you for Trailers and promos gals. I could watch Pierce brosnan but i hadn't seen Melina until this!!!!!!! :D

I am excited for watching Melina in the biggest screen i can get :D AND because of the Stella-wise story is coming up soon for us:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Welcome Starry and you too Stellaluvr!!! I will give you a proper welcome later when i come back from...singing!:eek::eek::eek::eek:;)

You beloved NUt, wait for my message later too:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

oh god Melina looks so perfect as Athena:drool::drool::drool: I knew she was going to be perfect for that role:drool:

rmiller---> I know the event you are talking about but i could only get pictures and Melina holding a big t-shirt with the "Kanakaredes" printed on her back:thumbsup:m(and even you can see her sisters. Well i think they were her sisters)
    Once i get home i will look for those piccies but i couldn't get the vid:( I would LOVE to see her singing! (and the American Anthem is really beautiful:thumbsup:)

just the Stella pic of the Day

[​IMG]