Fashion (or Lack Thereof)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Sirea, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Sirea

Sirea CSI Level One

So there's the "what are you wearing right now" thread but I was wondering what some of you guys' general fashion senses are. Like, what brands or general style of clothes you like to wear.

If this is too close to the aforementioned thread, mods, feel free to close it. Although you probably don't need my permission to do that :p

I like shopping at Old Navy alot. I'm also on the Victoria's Secret mailing list (they DO sell clothes, too!! :p) as I have a charge account with them. I like jeans and T-shirt as they can be really comfy, but I like to dress up sometimes and wear skirts and flowy tops. Sometimes I even dig out some of my old band t-shirts from high school and wear those sometimes (I actually just wore a System of a Down T-shirt to the Chinese buffet last night :p), but that's a rarity. Usually only for when I'm looking for something to wear to a concert or am feeling generally scrubby :p

2. CSIannalysse

CSIannalysse CSI Level Two

Let's just say I follow my own trends and i don't wear labels....but 'Next' and 'Matalan' are quite good.

3. Sirea

Sirea CSI Level One

Well there are ways you can follow your own trends and still wear labels, ya know ;)

4. CSIannalysse

CSIannalysse CSI Level Two

I suppose, lol, but I mostly wear Matalan, George, Next and anything else on sale that's nice.

5. Sillie

Sillie Pathologist

I really don't care about brands. Never have. I'm not going to pay a crazy amount of money only for the name. :'3

I mostly wear jeans, and tshirts with prints on them. *huggles her anime shirts* XD

6. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

To say it simply, I don't give a f***.
    I don't follow it and I just wear clothes that feel good (and looks quite ok)

7. draig_goch

draig_goch Lab Technician

im happy in jeans and t-shirts or patterned shirts
    Next,geaorge dsnt really bother me but shoes now i love shoes and I have to confess i spend too much on them

8. meshellb2001

meshellb2001 Lab Technician

I'm a jeans and tee shirt kind of girl, I also like hoodies, not real big on name brands {half the time I can't afford them} except for my shoes. Sketchers and NB are my favorite. :)

9. draig_goch

draig_goch Lab Technician

oh my shoes i own everything from next shoes to Gucci im not fused on the brand as long as i like them and they look good and comfort doesnt come into it when its down to shoes (I know its bad)

10. Nirvana

Nirvana CSI Level One

Gah! I hate brand name clothing :p (except Old Navy.Hee)
    Band t-shirts rock my world :D
    I have:
    -4 Nirvana shirts
    -1 Kurt Cobain shirt
    -1 Alice Cooper shirt
    -1 Rise Against
    -2 NOFX shirt :D
    I am also in love with Old Navy capri pants :D

11. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

Basically, I dont give two hoots about what I wear. Band tops kicks ass but I do wear some other tops that I feel like wearing... :p

12. Sirea

Sirea CSI Level One

OK, I think some people are getting the wrong impression. This isn't a thread about who wears the most expensive clothing lines or who follows the fashion trends. It's about personal style, what you like to wear. :)

Believe me, I'm no stranger to label-hating. I shop at Old Navy because I like the clothes, not because it's Old Navy. I pick and choose clothes from different stores and make my own style, not just copying what the mannequins have on.

I just don't want this thread to turn into a conformity bash-fest. :cool:

13. stripforensics

stripforensics Judge

I'm a slave to fashion and trends. AND I LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF IT.

Everything I wear is brand-name. In America the style's called "preppy" - my favorite brands are Hollister, Abercrombie & Fitch, and American Eagle. Polos, jeans, flip flops, puka shells...I love it all.

For me fashion and appearance in general are important. I like looking good because I like feeling good. And I like dressing in the style that I find attractive in others.

And it works, too. People always compliment my taste in clothing ;)

14. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

I spend time on my outfits but not in Abercrombie and Fitch. I am currently wearing light jeans (not ripped I HATE that look) a pink spaghetti strap with a sorta see thorugh darker pink top. I love love love love love love love love accesories but I am usually too lazy or rushed to put them on before school but when I get home I put everything on (weird that I dress up for sitting inside but not for going to school).

15. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

I dont care about brands. :p Most of the girls in my school wear prada tops and carry LV bags but I don't give a damn. :p [Not that there's anything wrong if you do ;)]

I'm a jeans and tee kinda girl. :D Monday to Friday, rain or shine. When I'm feeling girly, I'd put on a skirt or a feminin top. :) Oh, I hate heels. I only wear them for formal events and presentations. :p