Does anyone remember A.J. Buckley?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by sjhubby, Feb 5, 2010.

1. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

Is A.J. still on csi ny? It seems now that he is in the opening credits he is rarely on the show anymore. Adam is my favorite member of the team, but lately he seems to only be in one out of three episods. The same with Anna Belknap and Robert Joy. Why don't the writers rotate the whole cast if they are going to cut people every week? Would it kill Mac, Stella, flack, Hawkes or Danny if they took a day off? Why just those three.

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

AJ has never appeared in every episode during a season - despite being a series reg since the beginning of season 4 (I believe it was) - but if memory serves me correctly, he did have an increased presence in seasons 4 and 5. It's possible that they lessened his appearances a bit this year - I don't know how many episodes he's missed off the top of my head, so I can't compare it to previous seasons.

I get what you mean about rotating everybody, but those three (AJ, Bob and Anna) are arguably the three most minor of the cast - Anna and Hill are the most minor of the CSIs, but Anna's role was already somewhat lessened before this season started, so it makes sense that she'd be the one to end up in fewer episodes out of the two of them. (She said in an interview a while ago that she was on a 'part time-ish schedule', presumably because of her family.)

Plus, AJ does stuff besides NY, so having fewer episodes gives him a chance to go do that stuff (like the Ghostfacers web series that's coming up, and I guess he filmed his role in the independent film Skateland while working last season).

It sucks because I love Adam, and I personally think he adds something when he's there (and that something's missing when he's gone), but I'm used to it. *shrug*

3. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

I guess it's just my overall frustration with season 6.:scream: Even though anna Rob and A.J are not major players they still have as many fan's. :) I just finished sending a scathing email to the producers on the cbs board feedback page:p What you said about Haylen, I commemted on that too. Although I did not like her from day one either, I felt bad for the actress. I put in my email that she was supposed to be a semi regular on the show but, the way the writers introduced her made everyone turn on her right away. Instead of fixing the situation with quality writing they just wrote her out. :confused: I have a feeling when they introduce Mac's new love and get some negitive feedback from the smackies they will probably drop her too.:eek: Which brings me to another point, if they wrote out Jessica and cut the episodes for our beloved regular's, why do they keep bringing in new members.:confused: i.e. Haylen and Mac's girl.

4. CiaraCobb

CiaraCobb Hit and Run

AJ has been busy with a lot of other projects over the last few months. I know from a bit of detective work that the last episode he filmed before the Hell Hounds convention back in November was Death House, and since then I think he has been in one of the 4 episodes that has aired. I miss him greatly, I adore AJ and his character in the show, but I know that because he has been absent that I am going to get to see him in other things.

His partner in crime on the Ghostfacer project, Travis Wester, posted on his Facebook profile last week I think that they had finally wrapped shooting on the Ghostfacers webseries, and AJ has a major part to play there, both as writer and star (and possibly director too if Hell Hounds was anything to go by), so that has probably kept him very busy in the last few months. Not to mention he's been in Utah for the last couple of weeks promoting his new movie.

Rest assured, he'll be back in CSI NY soon, I have seen pictures :D

5. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Just a little notice to sjhubby, there is a thread devoted to Adam/AJ if you haven't seen it already ;) But I think it's fine with this thread too.

Well, I haven't seen all recent episodes from season 6 (just the first 8 episodes, I think. I am a bit unsure). I have missed him, but I am used to the fact that he is not in every episode. So I've learnt to deal with it. It's harder to handle the fact that he seems to have changed a lot this season, and I am still unsure what I think of it. But it's just what I have noticed so far, and I have not seen the latest episodes so I might be wrong.

But I know he will be back in more episodes, and I am looking forward to it. As Ciara said, AJ has been working on other projects and I am really glad for that too :)

6. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

Vildis,:) I started this thread just to get out my frustration with the lack of Adam this season. :scream: I read the other thread also. It seems like the other is for people to talk about A.J. and post photo's and differint links and other news. :thumbsup: I thought it was ok to start a new one, because there are so meny dedicaded to smack.;) HOw come you haven't seen all the episodes yet? :confused: Do you live outside the U.S.?

7. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Oh, I must have misunderstood your intentions then. I apologize. Yet, I can be very frustrated when Adam and Sid (AJ and Robert) are not in the show, I don't mind Lindsay, but she is not one of my favourite characters, so I don't care if she is not in every episode at the moment. I already know why AJ and Anna are not in every episode, but not Robert/Sid which makes me kinda mad. But I can handle it, and accept it.

Yes, you are right. I live outside the U.S (in Sweden actually), so I have to wait a little longer to see the recent episodes. Same with all other tv-shows and movies, although everything is not even aired here.

8. Brooklyn_Girl30

Brooklyn_Girl30 Dead on Arrival

You Know What, I Think He Would Have Been a Great Fit in the "Sanguine Love" Episode.

He's Tottaly Into Weird Stuff Like That, I Bet He Would Have Made A Few Vampire Jokes. Which Would Have Been Great Scenes With a Bit of Comic Relief....

His Overall Corkyness is Cute.

:):guffaw:

"I am Dracula, I want to suck your Blood....":guffaw:

9. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

I hope Adam is going to be here this week:drool: We have only seen him for about 3 minutes in the last month. Between absences and rerun and no show at all. :rolleyes:

10. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

That is such a shame. So I hope he shows up in the new episode on wednesday (for you of course), and many more episodes this season. Oh, wait. He needs to be shown more. More than 30 seconds, could we possibly get the chance to see Adam in like 5 minutes in any episode, please? That would be awesome. Even if we got the chance to see him quite much in the first episode (thanks to Haylen, I guess).

11. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

Happy Days are here again:lol: It is about time we saw our beloved Adam.:adore: Now we just have to wait three weeks to see him again.:scream::angryrazz: He is so cute. :drool:

12. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

I have seen that episode now, and he was awesome. Adam and video games, what a lovely dork :lol: :adore: And it was soo hilarious when he made fun of Danny and 'boom'. Oh, I liked him when he is dirty too, he even managed to look soo cute there. It was soo great to see Adam back. I want to see more episodes now.

But are you sure we have to wait three episodes now? I haven't really checked the spoilers, as they don't always mention Adam even if he may be in that episode.

13. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

I meant that we have fto wait three weeks to see a new episode. :brickwall: The next two weeks are reruns, because of the olympics. Next week they are showing Hammer Down and if I remember Adam was in that one. :thumbsup: I don't know what comes after.

14. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Yeah, Adam is in Hammer's down. I didn't know about the break and the reruns, so I thought it would come new episodes and that Adam would not be in the 2 upcoming/new episodes. I just couldn't wait until I saw The Formula, so I decided to watch it as soon as possible. Which I did. But as I am not living in the US, I don't get affected by your re-runs and airing dates.

15. Bonasera-Taylor

Bonasera-Taylor Prime Suspect

he was in the ep this week for the states. i live outside the usa but DL recent eps