Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackieG0630

JackieG0630 Dead on Arrival

Wow...I can see I'm not the only lurker/lapsed fan this has stirred up! LOL

As hopeful as this made me, I feel like it's what they have been doing all season and last. They set it up for us to be happy and then WHAM! The opening scene was HAWT and I couldn't help giggling and clapping my hands like a deranged seal, I was so excited. But then the end...I'm just confused. Are they together? Not together? Friends with benefits? Lovers who just said goodbye? (if it's the last one, I'm coming for the writers/producers at CBS and I'm coming for blood!)
    I just don't want to fall again, you know? It hurts too much.

On another note, it actually made me want to write another fanfic chapter so hurrah for that? :lol:

2. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

It's not only this episode that has had me confused about Eric and Calleigh's relationship, it's been the season so far. In the previous episodes of Eric's return, there was some sort of distance between the two - something was missing. So I always wondered what their status was, then today I thought OMG things are finally good between them again until I saw the ending. Not that I didn't enjoy it, but at the same time you have to wonder where they go from here. I don't want them to be friends with benefits, we've waited way too long for E/C to be together. I don't see why the writers just can't keep them together, Adam does come back occassionally. It just doesn't seem fair to break them up after seasons of building up their pairing. It would just seem like a rip off if the writers went that route.

3. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

I don't know if "friends with benefits" is the term I'd use for them. I think they're two people who tried their hand at a relationship and it didn't go the way they'd planned, so they decided to back off. But the problem is, the feelings didn't go away. They still care about each other, they still want each other, they still have that spark. So they may tell themselves they can be friends, but then they see each other, and...

"Friends with benefits," to me, is more casual, it doesn't have the same depth of feeling involved. And it's usually not something you try to resist. If you're friends with benefits, then you're friends with benefits, you both know that's the status of the relationship, and when things happen, they happen and that's fine. What Calleigh said at the end of the episode made it pretty clear that they're trying *not* to sleep together -- and not doing a very good job of it. It was a pretty optimistic convo, IMO -- they're going to table the discussion until they're alone, and I think their faces made it pretty clear that there was probably going to be a lot more than discussion happening if they ended up alone together at one of their places. Also, the way Calleigh brought it up, and the need to talk about this thing that keeps happening, combined with the relatively light tone of the conversation, makes me think they're probably going to end up deciding to stop trying to fool themselves. They're obviously not able to be just friends anymore, and it looks like they can't stay away from each other either. Time to just accept that they want to be together, have have it, I say!

And thanks, Delquesne! I'm glad you like my writing. Sadly that drought has sapped most of my inspiration for writing these two, so there hasn't been much of anything new written for them lately.

4. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Zoinks! Haven't watched Miami too much this season (too many actors/characters I don't like) but for some reason I tuned in tonight.
    :eek:- ummmmmmm Wow! I had no clue that was going to happen.
    I was on the phone explaining what was wrong with my car to a friend and totally lost my train of thought. Actually stopped talking mid-sentence... She laughed at me.
    Holy crap that was ..... :devil: I am so glad I tuned in this evening.

5. ceci12788

ceci12788 Victim

Hiii everyone, i'm new here...I've been on the site reading all of your thoughts on every episode up until this point.

6. bogglesthemind

bogglesthemind Dead on Arrival

Wow!!!

Smokin' hot! :devil:
    I just have to say, kudos to Adam and Emily for making that seem so natural. They haven't shared that level of intimacy before on the show and that was sizzling! I'll say this for Miami...they get an 'A' in love scenes, when they do show 'em! I loved the music, the perspective, and the dialogue of that first scene.

I genuinely liked the rest of the episode as well. I was entertained throughout, even though I knew AMH's character was going to be guilty. There was too much angst surrounding the altered police report/statement.

I also really loved the end scene between E/C. I know some folks mentioned they found this confusing. I agree with a few of you that these two aren't just having random hookups. I think they agreed on distance after the shooting and then Eric's departure. Nevertheless, they love each other and are clearly still attracted to one another. I think attraction and emotions take over when they get together.

One element that I loved about their interaction in this episode was that while it was clear they have deep feelings for each other, a tiny bit of "player" Eric showed through. I actually found this endearing when directed at Calleigh. His looks during the last scene and her response reminded me of their first meeting, as portrayed in the season opener. I was impressed with Emily's acting during that scene. Her facial expressions were so revealing...embarassment, chagrin, anxiousness, seriousness, and playfulness all within a few seconds. Well done to our fav duo!
    And, since I haven't been able to say so recently...bravo to the writers, producers, directors, etc. Thank you! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

7. xcupcakefreakkx

xcupcakefreakkx Dead on Arrival

Woah... :Speechless: :drool: That was just...sexy, to say the least. They looked totally comfortable and it was hot. Just when I had lost faith in them, we get this?! Love it.

They are still so together, just by the way he was looking at her, all naughty like. :p

8. MomentarySetbac

MomentarySetbac Victim

We FINALLY got our scene. <3 I hope the rest of season 8 is this promising for them!

I totally agree...

I thought it was really optimistic, too. I think she is just wondering what exactly they're doing, not questioning it in a bad way but just saying, "Well if it keeps on happening, then what exactly are we here?" They so obviously want to be together, so I think the outcome will be good.

9. Maria-EC

Maria-EC Hit and Run

Yeah, I really agree with you guys! I don't think the ending was a bad one. It was actually kind of good! And as you mention MomentarySetbac, it seems like they can't stay away from each other. Their eyes are fully on each other throughout the whole last scene and even though Calleigh tried to stay serious, she couldn't. I mean, no one can't help but smile when Eric Delko smiles, and neither can Calleigh. I think this just showed us that they definetly aren't over. :):)

10. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi Friends

You should know by now that I never leave you for good.;). Even through the last months or so. I do keep my eye on you :shifty::lol:. As for more posting I am still undecided.:( So whatever you read next: it is not me, just the computer working on it´s own::lol:. So the rest is JUST SPECULATION.

As for the ending:

In a land - not far from here - on my computertube I did get to see the "Lockerroom" scene which was nice and sweet and hiphuggerfantastic:thumbsup:. IMO: Call is the one holding back - not wanting another Purto Rico deal with Eric. So she says: "Let´s not do this again". Eric being superhappy and in love is just going along with what she says. (Friends/lovers/partners they don´t know yet). But they are most certainly back together. Call would never just have XXX with anyone. It would be soooo out of character for her given her past history. And could writers really completely ignore: " I can´t imagine living my life without you" So far and so good.

But where will writers take this storyline?

If Eric/Adam is NOT comming back next year. Then the character could/would fade into the "sunset" as seen many times before on tv. And I still question if they will commit a main character(Call) to off screen character(Delko - never to be seen again). AND I would hate if they had Delko going off to Purto Rico again - asking Call to join and let that be the season - end.:eek:. Or just disappear.:eek::eek::eek: (and any dying or near deaththingy - seen that and no more please)
    But as this is NOT soap .....the only thing pro that turn - out: if Em - for some reason - wanted time off, then Call could say " Yes" and they would ride happy into the sun -set together.:p.

Delko still working in Miami, but never seen on screen. Not even to pick Call up from work. It might work. But it will not make me want to watch full episodes again.

So - ladies - what do we want:

1. an Eric/Call wedding and he works off - screen like Sara and Grissom?
    2. an Eric/Call wedding and they both ride off into the sunset?
    3. or .........
    4(D&D this is for you;)) Adam comming back to Miami full time and we get a wedding, but not untill the last ever episode:)? I know what you are voting for. But - please do tell- which of the 3 first you would like.

In my little shipper -heart the show will have them in love for the rest of the season and we get a little loving every 4th. episode or so. Does that fit with the remaining Eric episodes?

D&D as our president. Are we writting a thank- you note to CBS?;)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  11. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Yeah, as Lindsay's and Danny's example shows, a couple CAN be happy in CSI and the show doesn't loose it's audience. NY has one happy couple, LV as well(Sara and Gil), Miami never had any...
    I am confused about that conversation between them - why would they want to finish their relationship?
    I'm really grateful for that romantic scene - the most romantic we have ever seen between them - but that only explains that the heat is still strong , not their relationship status...
    Well, still almost half season to go!

12. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Like the other E/C shippers on this forum, I am totally in "Hiphugger Heaven" [​IMG] after watching "In the Wind." That opening bed scene was not only heart-poundingly sexy [​IMG] , but also so sweet and tasteful. Shirtless-Delko is always fabulous to see, and shirtless Delko in bed with Calleigh was absolute nirvana for a hopeless romantic like me. [​IMG] When Eric's phone rang and interrupted the action ... I've never wanted to stomp on a Blackberry so much in my life! Honestly, I was smiling so hard during (and after) that scene that my cheeks hurt. [​IMG]

I agree with many other posters here that I didn't interpret the last scene between E & C as a negative one at all. IMO, their inability to stick to their promise not to keep doing "it" any more is a testament to how drawn they are to each other, emotionally as well as physically. However, I think Calleigh is understandably a little cautious about them continuing to hop in the sack [​IMG] , when the status of their relationship is still sort of unsettled. On the other hand, Eric seems eager to continue the physical side of things [​IMG] (naturally), although he would obviously like their relationship to be about more than just sex.

An unresolved scene like this is clearly begging for a fanfic, and right now, I'm tossing around some ideas about penning my first CSIM story based on this ending E/C scene. Of course, if I do end up writing something, it will feature Calleigh & Eric, and lots of steamy E/C romance! [​IMG]

13. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I absolutely agree with all of that. It is more than clear from the bedroom scene just how much Calleigh loves Eric, as much as we all know he loves her. The way she kissed him - on the lips & elsewhere on his body - you don't kiss a man like that if you're "just friends"... those kisses, the way she smiled in the 1st part of it, and as she removed his shirt, screamed that she loves him. And, what they were doing wasn't just "having sex", they were getting ready for some lovemaking :drool:- and damn work for getting in the way!

And that smile she gave him at the end, after he said "my place or yours", that smile completely said she knew they couldn't stay apart from each other, she doesn't want to be without him. To quote the title of MomentarySetback's lovely new fic... its inevitable.

14. electra

electra Pathologist

First episode of season 8 for me and it looks like it was the right time.I am really surprised that they decided to finally do a lovemaking scene for these two.As for the ending scene,if they have not been able to stay away from each other after the mess of the premiere,now with hot sex not sure how they would.

I love reading all the posts as usual.There is no wonder that we have so many fanfics writers here.

And if anyone could be so kind to tell me all the season 8 episodes with our couple on it,would make my day.

15. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

All I can say for this ep is "Hallelujah!".
    I didn't imagine the scene to be that "hot"
    though.
    As for the end scene, I find it really cute and
    very positive. You can see it in their eyes that they
    are very much in love. I think Calleigh was just feeling
    defensive and that is a very natural reaction for
    women. What I can read between the lines is that
    they both agreed to take it slow and work out their
    issues first before going to the next level but they both
    can't help it.
    I'm so confident that we'll have the happy ending we've been waiting
    for pretty soon.=)