Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Ghawazee, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Choose New Stellarina Thread!

Poll closed Aug 10, 2009.
  1. Stella/Melina #7: 'Cause even Athene and Aphrodite worship her.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. Stella/Melina #7: The perfect combination of brains, looks, and personality.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Stella/Melina #7: a goddess came down to earth !

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. Stella/Melina #7:Athene in her mortal form.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Stella/Melina #7: Zeus' gift to Hollywood.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Stella/Melina#7 'Cause she is the angel that enlighten our hearts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. Stella/Melina #7: Because she´s the Greek Goddess of Crimonology

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. Stella/Melina #7Because she´s the heart and soul of the CSI-team

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  10. Stella/Melina#7 Because Lady Liberty speaks in Greek!

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  11. Stella/Melina#7 Because she is the light and soul of NY Lab

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Stella/kelina#7 Because we all love Rambo Stella

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Aussie, i found something i hope you and all Stellarinas will like it :D

http://www.foxinternational.com/percyjackson/

It's great!

and then you have

http://www.percyjacksonthemovie.com/quiz/

Trailer #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGITXIELXXE

Trailer #2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQAj51WZzJc

Trailer #3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk-dTvUQjzc

Trailer #4 (the last one so far)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOH3bxknTyE

i hope you like them (I did! :D )

and i couldn't find that commercial you have mentioned dearest NUT but this one is my fav. It's completely artistic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq2rfyNB35s

many hugs to all

Debbs :D

ps: Dearest NUT, i have to give some Anatomy lessons to a kid so i can't answer you now. And definitely i do want to answer you! (me thinks we are watching different shows darling ;)

2. aussieturtle

aussieturtle Witness

Not that much at the first link that I havent already seen. And my computer was really angry for making it play a massive movie, it didnt like it at all.

In the quiz I am apparantly the child of Hades. Oh dear. I tried to see if there is one for Athena but no such luck yet. Although I have as yet only seen four possible results, when there is five options for each question, and one of the main characters is the child of Athena, so surely she would be an option. Actually I just got the Grover character, which makes the 5th option, but that means there is no result pertaining to the girl character that I have seen yet.

The trailers are looking great. However definately no Athena in the first one. Can't find her in the second one either, but she may be there in the background when theres a lot of people. Apparantly in the books, Zeus calls an extraordinary meeting of the Gods and book fans seem to think this is what you can see in the trailers. And also in one article that had a link to one of the trailers (and I think it was the second trailer) the reporter asked in the article who was recognisable in it. Then they said something along the lines of: If you missed it, theres Sean Bean, Pierce Brosnan, Melina Kanakaredes, etc, etc. So apparantly Athena is in one of the trailers, I just have yet to spot her. However maybe the reporter got confused with Rosario Dawson, who plays Persophone, who is certainly in the trailer. Nonetheless, we will find her somewhere I'm sure.

The third trailer, however, there is definately a statue of Athena. About 0:23, the main characters are looking bored while Pierce Brosnan is explaining the gods. In the background between them is the statue of Athena, looking wonderfully Melina-like. 1:17 of the same trailer you can see the gods all gathered, but not in enough detail to see which one is Athena. Presumably she is there though, possibly the one toward the bottom of the three who are standing near the clocky thing.

In the fourth trailer there is once again the same Athena statue because its the same shot.

There is one guy on youtube who has 9 trailers, but I'm certain there are no additional bits in any of them, just different mixes of the same scenes. Only two weeks more to wait. Hopefully there will be some more previews popping up soon. Does anyone know if Melina has any talk shows scheduled, where they may play a clip of her in the movie? Long shot, but surely theres something.

3. *Stardust*

*Stardust* Prime Suspect

Debbs, thanks so much for the links! :)

OH and l love that Sony commercial :adore: She's adorable and she looks so young and innocent :adore: And again, totally like the Greek Goddess she is :adore:

4. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hey, Dears:),

just a short drop-in during lunch break, so unfortunately I don´t have the time to watch the trailers and other links now :(. But thank you anyway for posting them, Dearest LAMM. And no problem, take your time with your reply, though I´m already looking forward to how you will explain me your theory of us watching different shows :lol:.

aussie, since I still haven´t read the books, I have now idea of how much of a role Athena plays in them and how often she is mentioned there. But I really do hope they didn´t cut her part down to a tiny supporting act.
    And I also hope that Melina will soon do some interviews regarding the movie and tell us more, but I haven´t read or heard anything about a schedule for PAs yet, neither for Melina, nor for Pierce Brosnan and Uma Thurman.

And about that interview at Jay Leno´s: Can´t remember where I´ve read the transcription of this interview, but I´m pretty sure it was Jay Leno. But I will check out the other usual suspects like David Letterman, too, maybe I was mistaken. Since I have only ever read the transcription, I´d die to watch Melina talking about it, because even reading it made me laugh a lot :lol:.

OK, gotta go back to work now. See ya all soon again, love and hugs :)

5. *Stardust*

*Stardust* Prime Suspect

Sorry this is OT but may I ask you two something? Why do you call each other Nut and Lamm? This some inside joke? ;)

6. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hey, Dusty,

Of course, you may ask :lol:. Well, it´s got to do with our contrary opinions considering Smacked :D. Debs is trying more or less seriously to convert me into a Smackie, but I am like a nut with a hard shell: uncrackable, so to speak, so that´s why I´m the NUT :D. And Debs is covering her efforts on me by behaving like a good innocent lamb, hiding the nutcracker inside her wool :lol:, so she is the LAMM.
    Did I tell the story right, my dearest LAMM :lol:? And deep in her heart she likes me to remain uncracked, because of what use is a cracked and damaged NUT :D? And that´s why she is really a lovely LAMM, nutcracker or not :thumbsup:

7. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Hello Stellarinas! :D

Van--> yes, she looked perfect in that commercial:bolian: It's not the typical commercial. It is more artistic than anything else i have seen (on Sony at least:p)

Dearest and lovely NUT!:thumbsup:

believe it or not, doctors are not the epitome of desinfection. ;) It doesn't matter they change their clothes. Being in touch with many patients per day (and nurses too) make them a source of bacterias. This new EB is different because she is already a Virus:lol:

I hope you have to swallow any single word of it NUT!:lol: He dated old Virus who had brown hair, then he kissed Quinn who is red headed :D and he married Claire who really was blonde but we can't say there is an OBVIOUS patron

Mac and Stell are NOT brother and sister so they can make whatever they want:devil:

I want to make clear i don't have any affection for the Stella/Adam thing BUT TPTB seem to be convinced it was the best storyline since the fired was discovered:p (at least at the beginning. Now they seemed they had forgotten this story but you never know:p). I guess i expect they are right:cool:

:guffaw:

I can imagine your teacher saying "YOU BARBARIC ...NUT!":guffaw:

Van--->
    of course you can ask Van;)

NUT-->
    You definitely are a BARBARIC NUT:lol:you have forgotten main details!:p

Let's start

Once upon a time there was someone called Andromeda who started posting very seriously:p
    I tried to convinced her of becoming into a Smackie but nothing worked;) so i looked for a popular expression in my country "Un hueso duro de roer" and in English i found out there was a similar "A NUT hard to crack"

So the Serious Andromeda became into THE NUT:lol: But the NUT wanted to have risks so she visited the Smacked Family Thread to prove she was a Brave NUT and the first thing she said it was she was visiting the "Lioness' den" but i clarified her it wasn't the Lioness' den but i was a sweet and quiet Lamb:lol:

Since this is a Nut from Germany she calls me Lamm and i call her NUT

As simple as that :D

you are a beloved NUT:) and i adore you as you are, Smackie or not:) but i don't hide any nutcracker in my wool

You, of all people, know i want the truth

some presents

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hey, Stellarinas:),

meanwhile I have watched all links posted by la Lamm ;), and I like them all, though with the film trailers, there´s not much of Athena to see, but I suppose and hope that doesn´t mean that there´s not much of her in the movie.

Dearest LAMM:D

Well, the good thing is that EB is a virus and not a bacteria, so Stella could find a vaccine for Mac to protect him from the Ebolita-flu :lol:. Oh God, do I sound Smacked :eek:? :D Just to clarify: Stella would only do this as caring sister for her big brother :D.

Oh, I´ve just had supper, I can´t eat these words, my dear LAMM :D. Wasn´t the old virus rather dark blonde, but not brown haired? And Quinn was definitely looking like a carrot- was this a short, temporarily vegetable phase of Mac :lol:? And Claire was the real blonde one, alright. So OK, there doesn´t seem a sort of pattern in Mac´s taste, except that sometimes his taste is weird :D- despite having the most obvious sex-bomb in front of his eyes almost every day, but still he doesn´t seem to see Stella. Now you can lead a camel to the oasis, but it has to drink on its own :D, guess who´s the camel and who´s the oasis :lol:. If he´d really love Stella as a woman and not as a friend and sister, so why would he need another silly chick instead of grabbing Stella by her curls and, well, just drink *ooopsa* :lol:? How many women do you think he´ll still need until he´d realize the real Mrs. Right is Stella? No, he´s just not in love with her, that´s the point.

And yes, Mac and Stella are not siblings, but they behave like brother and sister. Mac is Stella´s big brother :lol:.

I know you´re not really into the Stella/Adam thing :D. I still think TPTB lost their courage to continue with the story before it even really had begun, or they just dropped it the way they dropped the Haylen-story; we´ll probably never find out. IMO it´s a pity, something interesting and controversial could have evolved from such a story....

Well, she didn´t really call me NUT :lol:.

OK, you´re the better storyteller of us two, I surrender :lol:.

Dusty, now you know everything, all mysteries have been revealed, I hope you´re a happy Dusty now :lol:.

You are a lovely LAMM, that is the truth :thumbsup:.

Love and hugs from your Hueso duro de roer and thanks for the great pics :)

9. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Deb, you read my mind! I was just coming in here to share my pictures. May I say that Melina has very attractive costars :D

I really can't wait until this movie comes out. Less than two weeks!!!

Meanwhile, I saw the last episode of Providence on Friday. I've seen it before but I still love it to bits. Syd's wedding dress is so simple, but she looks great in it :D

I'm also going to give you the links to some of my favourite dream sequences from Providence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vPIr0vFuX4 (My absolute favourite and the first one I ever saw)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJKozg2-tTM&feature=related (Melina singing :D)

Oh and this one is the wedding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOgPouEaSGk

10. starrybluemoon

starrybluemoon Dead on Arrival

Hey Guys:)mind if I join in here??

I love Stella !!! She is awesome!:thumbsup:
    I LOVE those two vids!! Although Ive watched them over and over again before, I just couldn't resist!
    I LOVE the show Providence! Its just so good!! (only 'cause Melina is in it;)). The show is REALLY cute!

Well, I hope the next CSI:NY Epi will have more of Stella in it:)
    According to what I watched from the Promo...i guess it will be great!!...

Oooh and also, I wonder If they'll do anything special for Valentines Day:adore::adore: (<--- Im a Smacked fan)

11. *Stardust*

*Stardust* Prime Suspect

Andromeda and Debbie - thanks so much for the explanation :D I was actually guessing something like that ;) And I know what Lamm means, my native language is German after all... well, more or less :p (I'm from Austria ;) )

Thanks for all the links, I love these vids and I just adore Melina singing :adore: :adore:

Have you seen/heard these from Guiding Light? :adore:
    (oh and I love how she talks with this cute Greek accent :adore: :D )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEfJTlR5pB4

and another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkElaPR-dm0&feature=related

:adore:

Omg and the pictures from Percy Jackson!!! :drool: I have already seen them but I can never get enough of our Greek Goddess :adore: :drool:

starrybluemoon - welcome to the Stellarina thread!! :D It's always great to have new members joining us!! :D Hope you'll have fun here!! :D ohh and you're even a smacked fan, meaning you're my friend already :p
    (Btw, I just realized you're from Canada, I LOVE Canada!! :adore: Like to call it my second home :D )

12. aussieturtle

aussieturtle Witness

Hello again everyone. I'm in Wagga Wagga again which means limited internet access. Yay we finally have a picture! I'm going to buy my ticket tomorrow for the opening night of Percy Jackson. Only 5 days to go!

Hello and welcome starrybluemoon. Are you as hyped about this movie as us? (Or at least me? lol)

13. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hi Stellarinas and welcome starrybluemoon from me, too :). I hope you´ll have lots of fun here. Enjoy! :thumbsup:.

Well, let´s see what Carmine has thought out for tonight´s episode ;).

Servus, Dusty, wie gehts? :D
    Thanks for the links. Yes, Melina´s accent sounds sweet; her Granny found that funny and asked her why she spoke with accent and Melina told her "well, you spoke like that, too, when you came to America" :lol:. I love these anecdotes.

aussie, you lucky one, soon you´ll have the pleasure to watch the movie :). Already can´t wait to read your comment :lol:. We´ll have to wait a little longer here before it will be released.

Hugs to all :)

14. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

15. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

^Thanks a lot, Perl!