Eric/Calleigh romance - why we dislike it. **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

2 adults, especially thier age, should be able to remain friends with no major issues. I went through this before I was married (almost identical situation with one of my very close male friends, of course he wasn't shot in the head though :p) & it didn't kill our friendship. Akward at first, yes, but after the tension was gone it was fine. All depends on the people I suppose.

Agreed. It was this storyline that gave birth to e/c, the birth to the "new" Delko, & the birth to Calleigh playing the damsel in distress facing tragedy after tragedy, all the while shoving other characters (not to mention the ASPECT of the show) into the background. I'm ready for the tide to finally turn. :)

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

2 adults, especially thier age, should be able to remain friends with no major issues. [/quote]
    You said it right...." 2 adults should be able...", but, then again, we're talking about Eric Delko and Calleigh Duquesne who, honestly, to me looked more like 2 teenagers rather than 2 adults :lol:. Don't get me wrong, but I haven't seen anything mature from these two lately.

As for being kind of impossible, well I was talking about best friends, like you grew up with that person since you were 1 years old for more than 20 years (at least that's my own personal experience I was thinking about while posting before), but I get your point....it depends on anyone's maturity. Surely, both Calleigh & Eric have never been mature enough to face this kind of relationship and its consequences ;)

I'm ready too and, quite frankly, I can't wait for it to happen :p

3. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

i personal wanna see what happens this season first cos no matter how much i hate EC i still wanna see how there relationship ends:)

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I guess it's time for me to come back to this forum....better say this topic :p

I'm going to post this all in a spoiler box as you'll be the one watching the episode. I for once won't watch it and will probably never do it! And I do think that after this "episode" I'll stop watching the show 'cause I guess everyone threw their commitment to the show and fans somewhere!

In the CSI:Files news sections there's a clip with the longer version of the beginning of tonithgt's episode. I had the misfortune to run into it. I wish I hadn't done it!!!! Gosh I think I'm gonna be blind after this vision :wtf:

I won't say anything about the chemistry between Emily Procter and Adam Rodriguez which is non-existent! All I'm saying that, as a woman, I feel disgusted by Calleigh. Not only she seems to be commited in a relatinship which, IMHO, should have never existed. She also seems to dedicate 90% of her life to a man who, previously, didn't have the decency to tell her was going to leave the lab or, better say, Miami!

We all know how last year she accidentally shot him (though, I'd like to believe it wasn't an accident at all :lol:). He was furious at her b/c he believed she shot at him and treated her like a beast. He didn't treat her like a human being. Not to mention that she happened to know he was going to leave the lab.

I won't say anything about the way he has been treating her lately 'cause, as much I hate to say this, she probably deserved it as he deserved that second shooting! But I will never accept the fact they go on with the occasional sex! Not after what I've been watching for the last 3 annoying years.

You want to wrap up the E/C storyline? Good...do it, but, at least, don't insult my intelligience and, above all, women's dignity. What I happened to watch was just an insult!

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

And that there is enough for me to skip this episode....thank you TPTB. Just as I was so thrilled to see this for the sake of seeing H/Kyle & hopes of Natalia follow-up, instead I'm gagged with Adam & Emily living out thier little fantasy -- no thanks -- those 2 couldn't even warm a poptart with thier "heat".

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    Just skip that portion,I plan to.

7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Poptarts **yummy** they have eleven essential vitamins and minerals LOL.

OK seriously, I haven't been following this show as I used to and I honestly don't know why. Maybe I'm missing too many things or, maybe, I'm tired of it especially after what I have been forced to watch in the last 3 years. So I wasn't expecting anything too enjoyable from this epsidoe except for the fact that maybe we would have learned something about Kyle, Jesse and....maybe even something about Natalia.

When I read the scripts from this epiosde the first time I knew what I was going to run into, but I never thought they we would have found ourselves watching
    the two actually making out....well if that's how you want to define it.

While I think I can accept the idea of them making out **shivers at the idea**, I really can't accept the time they decided to do it. Not only we spent more than 3 years watching puppy dog Delko following and drooling on his owner Calleigh, we also had to watch him practically mubmbling something to his shrik (btw dead) confessing his feelings for Calleigh, something he had never been able to do in front of her, as if he were a 6 years old child with his elementary school-mate (for god's sake this is just ridiculous!). And...at the end....once they're together we had to watch them fight b/c of a moronic plan from Eric to help his father!

I won't even express myeslf on the way he has been treating her during s8. So, I guess you will understand why I feel this is utterly a wrong timing for them to have occasional sex. Not to mention that occasional sex shoulnd't even be considered as an integrant part of an episode of CSI!!!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  8. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Flo, you're my hero! Welcome back, darlin'. Don't be a stranger.

I'll be watching Castle tonight. I'll record CSI Miami for possible later viewing, but I have no interest whosoever in seeing the two children fumbling around trying to look like they are in an adult relationship.

Okay, MJ! Now THAT was funny! :guffaw:

Actually, I would love nothing more that for TPTB to give the E/C fans what they want - Eric and Calleigh together. Just do it in a way so that they are together as they LEAVE the show for good!

Spin them off into their own little soap opera. They just don't feel like they fit on CSI Miami any longer. They can't think past themselves. It's all about them. The show was finally beginning to come back the the victim and the crime as the focus.

That is not what Eric and Calleigh are about anymore. Move them to a show of their own so those who watch CSI Miami for anything BUT E/C, can finally watch the show in peace.

I plan to as well, greatfan. Maybe they should produce two versions - one with the tiny bopper romance and one without. Then at least we who would like to see some quality on the show wouldn't have to filter through the romance crap to find it.

9. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Thank you for the warm welcome back. I'll do my best to keep with this thread, at least :thumbsup:

Ahah I love this definition of the couple 'cause, let's face it, they're more childish than they want us to believe. I have tons of possible definitions for this couples...certainley mature isn't one of them!

You know, that's what I've been thinking about them before watching the clip, but trust me it's horrific!!! I wouln't make even my worst enemy watch that 'cause they've gone beyond the point of the ridiculous....both from a physical and psychological POV

At this point I want the two of them kicked out of the lab. No matter what and no matter how, I just want both of them out of the MPDP. She's become inanimate and inactive ever since Eric lef the lab, Eric....well I think it's kind of useless to say what I think about the guy, at the moment.

They just need their own show and I'm sure whoever loves them will be perfectly fine at having it so that they can drool on their favourite couple. Sorry, but that's not what I've been wanting to watch when I first zapped my TV remote control the first time I watched CSI:Miami!

At this point, they both need to leave the Miami Lab because none of them fits in it. No one fits with the rest of the team and their chemistry with anyone else just disappeared. They've created their own world and TPTB could go on with their own world possibely on another show ;)

10. slower

slower Lab Technician

Finally!!! A place I can rant about this contrived mess of a so called relationship. These two have absolutely no chemistry. I was hoping when Adam left that would be it. But, because of the whinning from the tweeners, we have to endure this for the rest of the season, maybe longer if they get their wish and Adam stays. :rolleyes:

I will watch tonight, only to get a glimse of Jon. :)

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Unfortunately,there are Hiphuggers that want more,a wedding and a baby.I knew there was some that weren't going to be satisfied no matter what.That's the reason TPTB should have just ended things with "Bad Seed".There was no reason to drag all this out over 10 episodes.I've said for a while that Calleigh and Eric should just spin off to their own show,they are a team to themselves anyway.

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

These 10 episodes for Adam is ridiculous anyway. I never liked the fact that he felt his character & the storyline were just that important that it couldn't end in the premiere. Sorry, I am not trying to bash the actor, but after having a good 4 years of him being a focus on this show, I find it a little hard to swallow that he must toot his own horn in this way.....as if they are the only storyline that matters.

I knew we'd have to endure more Eric & more e/c, but I was hoping to see Adam's returns be part of an actual storyline -- was hoping that somehow TPTb would manage to throw in some creativity, but no ....we're mid-way through the season, & this guy's done practically nothing,& has provided practically nothing for the team or to storylines. It's an absolute waste as far as I'm concerned. He lived, his job was saved, he left, he got a new job, & he sleeps with Calleigh.....can I get a big f**ing whoopdeedoo??!
    This is ridiculous, & I'm counting down the remaining episodes until Eric's final departure. If he can't be portrayed as an individual and a mature adult then I'd rather not see him in any capacity at all. Good riddance, and take CSI Barbie with you.

13. slower

slower Lab Technician

You go MJ!!! I have been thinking that they should have just killed Eric in the premiere (I know I am bad). I had a feeling that this story would be prolonged. It didn't help when Adam tweeted to his fans to keep writing to tptb, for his return and Emily and her; I want a baby this year statement and how she wanted it written into the script that her and Delko have a baby. So to appease everyone they are just making the rest of us sick of both characters. Why can't they just move on?

I have a horrible feeling it is going to carry on into next season, with a backstory to the opoint all the supporters are going to be whinning to see Eric and the immaginary bady. Immaginarry at this point.

I say get rid of both characters. They have done nothing but hijack the show.

14. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

I think they should get rid of Calleigh, but keep Eric. She has done nothing but play the victim since season 6 and she's just dragging Eric down with her. I have a feeling I may gag a little watching their scenes tonight.

15. Naomi

Naomi Victim

Hi there!I'm a newbie here and I came across this topic as I was browsin around the forum. I'm mainly a CSI NY fan, although I watch Miami occasionally. I guess I'm what you'd call an anti-shipper. I have nothin against Eric and Calleigh in particular, I just think love relationships and police shows don't mix.I've been enjoying reading the Debate/Dislike a Ship topics over at Shipper Central. Naturally, those are my fav topics! However, was a bit confused to find this thread here in the general CSI Miami section. Is there some special reason why this thread is here and not in Shipper Central?I ask because I'm especially allergic to Danny and Lindsay as a couple on CSI NY, and I'd like to start a topic about them in the general CSI NY section. But I don't wanna annoy the mods or step on any toes. Just want to make sure I'm ranting in the proper place LOL. Thx, Naomi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.