What would you like to see in the season 6 finale?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by wildcat, Jan 29, 2010.

1. wildcat

wildcat Witness

So, we are now moving into the second half of the season 6 - it's time to think how it could end. Let's make our fan-tastic scenario. ;)

What kind of episode would you prefer - a completed story or a cliffhanger leaving you suspended till the next season? :drool:

What would you like to see? - Somebody in peril, new sides to the characters, breathtaking developments, unexpected encounters, return of old foes or friends, new villains, spectacular criminological advances,......? :cool:

Do you have an idea for a story worthy to conclude the season or can you guess what TPTB prepared for us? :p

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I would prefer to see a finished story - don't want to stay in suspense for several months ;) (I loved "Snow Day", and didn't like much "Hostage", though "Pay Up" was good.) What I would like to see the most - it's Mac finally realizing what Stella means for him. :adore: - After waiting 6 years for that, it would certainly qualify as "the big news of the season". :lol:

For example, like that -
    Sid is called to give his opinion on the scene. He's kneeling next to the body of a young man spread on the floor. Stella is with him, she's processing. While Flack wandered off to check the rest of the house, the killer, who was still hiding in the house, decided to get out of there. Oh, and the killer is female. ;) She tries to slip out, but makes some noise, Sid notices her, and the only thing she could do was drag him to her and put the gun to Sid's head. Stella tries to talk her out of that, makes a step closer. The girl panics and... shoots Stella. :( After that she runs taking Sid with her. Flack, hearing the shot, hurries back, finds unconcious Stella, calls ambulance and Mac. Mac arrives at the ER shortly after Stella is brought there, sees through the glass door that it's his new "love interest" :devil: who's treating Stella, spends a few terrifying hours waiting to see whether she'll pull through. Memories are flashing through his mind - Stella in his office, Stella smiling, arguing with him, kissing him, storming out, reading coffee grounds, sitting next to him in a hospital,...... always there with him, for him....the closest friend...more than a friend. Realization finally (! :lol:) comes. And the "love interest" - turns out to be just a casual encounter - nothing more, seeing her and Stella at the same time makes it absolutely clear in his head. Oh, and all the team has to pull together to find Sid and free him in time, before any harm comes to him. ;) I would like to see Adam with a special role in that.

And what would YOU like to see? :)

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I'd like to see a good team episode a la "Snow Day" where almost everyone had a prominent role and where there was a lot of excitement.

3. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

I, too, would like to see a good team episode where they get the bad guy by the end of the episode and if someone gets hurt we know that they will be okay. The best two, by far, were Charge of This Post and Snow Day.

Keeping the audience in suspense over the summer used to work before the internet, but with so much out there now before the season starts, the cliffhangers aren't what they used to be and I would rather end the season on a good note, upbeat and positive than with someone's life hanging in a balance. With the type of show this is, isn't it better to rest easy knowing the good guys win?

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I don't really mind cliffhangers if they're done right. When the cliffhanger was about Mac being kidnapped it was just lame because obviously he was going to be fine since he's the main effing character. I think they're good for the audience too. Let's face it. The majority of the viewing audience isn't going to be on line searching for spoilers, so the premiere will be a surprise for them. The S5 finale is an example of a good cliffhanger. People had no idea who was shot and if everyone was OK or not. It makes people want to watch the premiere.

The only thing that bugs me is that I can't stay away from the spoilers so it's not a surprise. If the finale is a good one I'm going to try my best to stay away from the spoilers so the premiere is exciting. That will probably mean I won't look for about a week. :rolleyes: :p

5. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

What I want:

SHIRTLESS DON
    SHIRTLESS ADAM
    SHIRTLESS SHELDON
    ANGELL ISN'T DEAD AFTER ALL
    FLACK/ANGELL FLUFF
    SIDDDDDDD
    ALMOST NO MAC
    DUNBROOK DYING

But to be realistic, I want an Adam episode.
    Backstory, info about his father (and the rest of his family XP) etc. It would be awesome. (But then, anything with Adam is awesome ^^)

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

A big old Shane Casey-centric finale. With a great storyline for Danny. And Mac not at the center of it all. :p

7. wildcat

wildcat Witness

So, should they organize a striptease party at the lab? :guffaw::guffaw:

Angell was good. I also regret they killed her. :( But since there was absolutely no room left for her possibly not dying, it's not realistic to expect any comeback to that storyline. Of course, if we are not talking about Flack going nuts and starting to see ghosts. :eek::lol:

Would you like to see Flack getting together with somebody else? May be a new character? ;)

PerfectAnomaly -> Yes, it would be great to see a good team episode where the weight is equally distributed among all of them and where there is a lot of teamwork and interaction - it would satisfy fans of all characters. :thumbsup: Besides this kind of episodes are usually much more interesting and dynamic than a single_character-centric ones.
    As for the audience being attracted to the show by the finale cliffhangers and eager to see the first episode of the new season - I don't think it works like that with the summer break. It's just too long, so people who are not the biggest fans simply forget what was there and how it ended, and in the end all this suspense does really nothing to attract the viewers. Though it could work well during the season - with just a week or two breaks. :p

8. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I know it's been said, but I also want to see a great team-driven finale along the lines of Snow Day or Charge of this Post. I don't think a cliffhanger is necessary; if the finale is solid and gripping, I think people will be drawn to the new season without needing to see a followup to an incomplete ending. Pay Up was fabulous, but that was mostly for the stuff that came before the bar shootout -- joining fandom after S5 ended was what got me interested in the 'whodunnit' of the shooting, and who survived or didn't survive, but on first watching it, the shooting made me :rolleyes:. It wasn't needed in an already-solid episode; in fact, it came across as a cheap ploy for "guaranteed" viewers in September. At first.

9. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i'm joining the "good team episode" bandwagon :)

although a healthy dose of mac wouldn't go amiss.... :lol:

10. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Snow Day. Full Action episode where ALL characters are in danger and Mac and Stella have their moments of heroes ;) :D

I have pretty clear the scenario i want, where and how but well, i have my heart on Smacked ;)

11. Swede85

Swede85 Dead on Arrival

You forgot about Shirtless Danny ;)

12. CiaraCobb

CiaraCobb Hit and Run

Has this been made into fanfiction yet? If not, why not?!

13. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

Hopefully not all about Mac like they did in season 4 finale. But I think it's gonna be another nut job serial killer's personal revenge on him. :lol:

Shirtless Don, Adam and Sheldon! Plus Stella in a bikini! :lol:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  14. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

That nutjob will probably kill Mac's 'love interest'.

15. Kemy

Kemy Dead on Arrival

Okay, resuming I see:

The guys shirtless, the ladies in bikinis:
    Beach party!:D:D:D *lol*

No, seriously: I just hope it is not going to be like season finale 4 and entire season 5..those mackish revenge-stuff was okay once, but dont do it again...