Supernatural #4: STILL No Chick Flick Moments

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Dec 11, 2009.

1. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

hell yes, i love zombies. :D

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

"Even Angels Fall"? Well, Cas hasn't been in as many eps as he was reportedly supposed to be yet, so I doubt its him. And if it is an angel... and good/semi-good one, then my guess is Anna.

Adam's returning... hmm... maybe as a ghost?

A secret that'll make Dean feel guilty? Umm... didn't they already do that about the whole him breaking the first seal by torturing souls in Hell thing? Can't they come up with some other idea besides yet ANOTHER secret to make Dean feel even more guilty than he already does? :wtf: I don't like that all. Unless the secret revealed is that Ben is really Dean's son and that something he said or did at some point caused the demons to realize that and they went after Ben and Lisa ended up getting killed ... and Dean feels guilty that his actions might have led to his son losing his mother. Then him and Sam start to think that maybe that's the Winchester curse. Mary lost her mom due to a demon, Sam and Dean lost theirs and now Dean's son Ben loses his mom.

A somewhat pivotal character will die soon? Somewhat? That makes me think Anna right off the bat. Cas, Bobby, Sam, Dean are more than "somewhat pivotal". So it's almost gotta be Anna or maybe even Rufus or possibly Becky/Chuck. Unless its a good thing and the somewhat pivotal character is Zachariah!

Sam and Dean murdered? I hope that's exaggeration and that they do something to get to go there for a bit to solve a case or maybe they have to help the angels fight evil in Heaven.

And Cas gets drunk? LMAO! If its anything like he is in fics when he's drunk, this is gonna be funny as well... hell. :lol:

Some people think the "even angels fall" thing is going to be about Mary... judging by the lyrics of the song, it could very well be about Mary's story about how she had make the deal with Azazel to save John. I thought the cupid ep was next week, but I guess it's the week after. Next week we get the one where Anna tries to kill John and Mary to keep Sam from being born.

Tonight's episode:

Woman: You are a stunning looking man.
    Gary: I know, right? :lol:

Gary: Krystal, I would love to have the sex with you. :guffaw: Seeing Jared say that was hilarious.

So Sam and Dean's former babysitter huh?

Dean: You shake it up, baby. :lol:

Sam: Don't tell me you still have the hots for our babysitter.

Dean sounds like he's wishing he had a wife and kids.

Dean: Wanna get the lead out, Andretti?

Sam: (sees Gary's Star Wars tee): Virgin. :lol: (sees magazine) Frusturated virgin. :lol:

:lol: Dean thinks he's rubbing off onSam with the music.

Oh come on Dean, you know Sam would never say "bizatches". Why doesn't he know it's not Sam?

Gary: You're a good guy, Dean.
    Dean: Oh, you are drunk. :lol:

And Dean finally figures it out. Took you long enough, Dean. :lol:

Demon: Yum. Tastes like moron. :guffaw:

Dean: Adios, B*tch.
    Gary: Uh, it's adinos. :lol:

Dean: You straighten up and fly right or we will kill you. :lol: Dean, you sure have a way with the kids. :lol:

Sam (to Gary): I wish I had your life.
    Dean: That was a nice thing to say.
    Sam: I totally lied. The kid's life sucked ass. :lol:

Dean (to Sam): Welcome back, Kotter. :lol:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  3. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

still not sure how i feel about last nites episode... i'll have to think about it some more...

4. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I thought it was hysterical. That kid that swapped with Sam was hilarious! And I loved Jared's version of him at the start of the episode. Hilarious. :lol:

And remember kids, satan worship is not a toy! ;)

5. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

Great episode. Loved the ending, where Sam tells Gary that he has a great live and he would be happy to have his live. When Dean tells him that that was a nice thing to do, Sam responds: "I totally lied". I thought it was very funny.

6. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I both loved and hated Swap Meat.

I loved that Jared got to play such a goofy role, I thought a lot of Dean's reactions were priceless, and hallelujah, they finally put JARED in a silly outfit instead of Jensen! Seriously, that stupid red-white-&-blue costume was almost too much (though I loooooove how Jared filled it out :drool:).

But I was also incredibly ticked off that

(1) it was yet another ha-ha filler episode (because I'm starting to get really sick of the whole apocalypse story-arch limping along at 2 mph),
    (2) apparently all of Hell is aware that Dean has a price on his head and yet it seems like there hasn't been much of a concerted effort to go after him ,
    (3) Sam himself doesn't have to consent to being Lucifer's meat suit, that anyone inhabiting his physical body could say "yes" for him,
    (4) in the end, no one seemed to care that this Gary kid - who was so very willing to shoot Dean in the back - was returning to his comfortable suburban life with little more than a slap on the wrist and a flimsy "do it again and we'll come getcha" (along with some free dating advice), and
    (5) it didn't ONCE occur to Sam to CALL CASTIEL after his 40th failed attempt to reach Dean.

Plus... it REALLY took Dean THAT LONG to figure it out? Really? I mean... the dopey driving, the "bizzatches", the bacon cheeseburger, the childish enthusiasm, the cougar... JESUS bleeding CHRIST on a pogo stick, come on!!

Thankfully next week looks to be much better, more focused on the "bigger picture", more intense and dramatic... and with more Castiel. :thumbsup:

7. GregNickRyanFan

I was thinking that too. And it's not like Cas wouldn't know it was Sam even with him being in another body. Or at the very least, why the heck didn't Sam think to call Bobby?

Yeah, I think the cougar thing gave it away to Dean though. But seriously... I think I would have gotten it the minute he said "bizzatches". Sam would NEVER speak that way probably not even if he was drunker than a skunk. :lol: The cheeseburger thing should have been a giveaway too. Sam eats healthy. But, I guess Dean's eating healthy kick after he'd been old didn't last too long cause now he's back to eating greasy stuff again. :lol:

When Gary said the "bizzatches" line, my brother said it would have been funnier to have heard Sam actually say that. Hearing Jared say that word would be pretty hysterical. His delivery of the sex line was spot on. Complete with those confusing looks he was giving that woman. :lol: And yeah that woman looked old enough to be not just Gary's mother, but Sam's as well. :lol:

One question though: I wonder if Sam could have used his powers in the other body if he had wanted to? I mean the telekenesis powers.

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Agreed with everything.

I sort of felt like this episode fell short because some of the fans (me included) really wanted to see Sam and Dean swap, not Sam and some random kid. However, it wouldn't have worked too well with the plot they were going for which played out okay. The revelation that Dean has a bounty on his head was the highlight for me.

Also, I would have liked to see Jared a little more as Sam!Gary running around with Dean. It's been nice recently to see Jared really 'bring it' with his comedic side instead of making faces for 40 minutes. :p

I have a feeling they're dragging out the apocalypse because they'll be getting a 6th season. The CW seems really eager to, well, keep their network afloat and Supernatural is definitely helping out. Apparently Kripke hasn't run out of ideas (wish I still had the articles to link; they're probably somewhere at SpoilerTV) and has a plan if they do get another season so if that's the case, the slow-moving-filler-episode-extravaganza makes sense.

But anyhow.
    Here's a clip from next week's episode. It also went through a name change and is now called 'The Song Remains The Same'.

A second clip can be found here. :)

Also, if anyone's interested, there's an early review for the episode. It contains some spoilers so if you don't want to be spoiled, you know the drill. :p

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  9. GregNickRyanFan

Okay, I read all the comments for the first clip instead of watching the clip cause I saw the first comment and flipped out. Now I'm really worried. The rational part of me knows that Misha is supposed to be in several more episodes this season, but the Cas fan in me is seriously worried judging by the comments about that clip. And I know Cas is in the Cupid episode which should air the following week, but I'm still a bit nervous. A little scrape on Cas' forehead (like in Changing Channels) I can handle... but a lot of blood gushing out of him makes me wanna cry.

"The Song Remains The Same" is now the ep title? Well that makes sense because Cas told Dean he couldn't change the past... so the past will remain the same. They must have had issues about the rights to the title "back to the future". :lol: I'm still amazed that they got away with "Criss Angel is a Douche-bag". :lol:

What do you wanna bet that the season finale cliff is gonna be one or both of the brothers faced with Lucifer/Michael and being asked for permission to use their bodies and the cliff being viewers not knowing their answer? :lol: I don't know why, but I somehow get the feeling that this apocalypse stuff isn't going to be solved yet since they're apparently going to make another season. :lol:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  10. GregNickRyanFan

The description on my direct tv box for this week's episode says "Anna is sent back in time." Sent? Rather than going on her own? Who would send her? If she were working with Zach and the others I would say they did to try to get some leverage to use against Dean to get him to say yes to Michael... but seeing as to how Anna wasn't on Zach and others' sides I can't see that happening. God wouldn't need to send Anna back in time to make it so Sam didn't exist. God could do that himself. So, surely that description is a little off, right? :confused: The directtv box also lists the ep title as "Back To The Future 2".

11. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

The only explanation I can think of for the wording "sent back in time" is that she's been forced to do it. The last we saw Anna, she was being dragged away by two angels after she confronted Castiel about letting Sam out of the panic room. Maybe she was taken back to heaven and "reprogrammed" like the angels did to Cas in The Rapture. Maybe she's... under their power somehow. I dunno. It's the only thing I could think of to explain the wording.

About the title... from what I hear, it was changed at the last minute. It's now "The Song Remains the Same", but TiVO, DirecTV and other such providers are still listing it as "Back to the Future II".

Also, just in case anyone is interested in even more spoilery info, there's this article written by someone who got to see the episode ahead of time. It doesn't give away a whole lot, but like I said, it IS spoilery.

12. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

The last time we saw Castiel he was in a very sticky situation - yet, he manages to survive! What happened?
    "I don't know if he did survive. He definitely dies and then comes back to life again so I guess that is a form of survival. He's obliterated by an archangel and is then reconstituted and resurrected but it's still a bit of a mystery who did that. Castiel thinks it was God which might be a bit of a meglomaniacal position to take - I'm back because God brought me back! - but that's what he thinks!"

Has he lost his powers?
    "No - a couple don't function as well as they used to. He has a harder time killing demons, and time travel really takes the wind out of his tails but he teleports with the best of them still!"

Will he ever get back to his full strength?
    "He is now not in heaven's favour, he is hunted by the other angels and cut off from heaven's power so that means that the powers he has have to be powers that he as an individual can demonstrate and not things he would need to rely on the power of heaven to do. Its not entirely clear where that line is drawn. He's definitely weaker than he was before but he's certainly still one of the best weapons that Sam and Dean have in their arsenal."

Is Castiel angry at Sam and Dean for triggering the apocalypse?
    "I think at the beginning of the season he is angry because he basically sacrificed his life and died in order to help them stop the apocalypse and they blew it! He is pissed at them but he can't be too high and mighty because he helped trigger it too. No one is without fault or reproach in Supernatural. Everyone is a bit of a f**k-up!"

What's his relationship with Sam like this season?
    "It's contentious at the beginning because I think Castiel puts a lot of the blame of the apocalypse on Sam. But, in the episode we're shooting right now, Cas makes a pretty big sacrifice and chooses to save Sam rather than maybe do what is most strategically successful towards heading off the competition between heaven and hell. He calls him his friend, it's a very touching moment!"

It seemed like the brothers were heading to a massive showdown last season. How is their relationship now?
    "I think there are two big showdowns looming. One is between the brothers and the other is between Michael and Lucifer who plan to occupy their bodies and use them as vessels. The big conflict between the two brothers is resolved more or less early in the season. They separate and go their separate ways and stop hunting together but they do come back together after a couple of episodes."

What's Lucifer's overall plan then?
    "He wants to fight the archangel Michael and bring his armies of hell and humans into full conflict with armies of heaven in a final battle for earth. Whatever side is victorious will be the side to dominate earth from that point forward. Sam, Dean, Bobby and Castiel are working to stop this final conflict from happening and the war from breaking out full scale, but there are skirmishes being fought all over the place as the apocalypse begins to unfold. We haven't broken out into full scale conflict, but in the interim there are wars of extension being fought."

One thing fans are desperate to know is whether God will ever appear - what are your thoughts?
    "I don't know but I have heard rumours that God will appear. I have no idea what form God would take, whether they would just do a booming voice or whether they would do something else. They could cast any number of odd characters for the role of God. I'm lobbying for Miley Cyrus!"

Well you got Paris Hilton this season so it's not impossible...
    "Yes, that's right! Paris Hilton could be recurring as God! That would be great!"

What do you hope is in the future for Castiel?
    "I would love to see him become more human and ultimately much less of an angel. I think that would be a good arc for him to travel. That would be one really interesting avenue to go down - another would be for him to become evil and a nemesis to Sam and Dean. Who knows? He could become Bobby's lover! There's a lot that could happen to Castiel."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s6/supernatural/interviews/a189419/misha-collins-supernatural.html

At the moment, they're wanting to call the episode ...

OMFG :wtf:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  13. GregNickRyanFan

Is it just me or does Anna look like she's aged about ten years since we last saw her?

Cas: Sam is my friend. :adore: Awww, Cas! So sweet.

Cas: You come near Sam and I'll kill you. :D Go, Cas!
    ==

Cas: Who's Glenn Close?
    Dean: This psycho b*tch that likes to boil rabbits. :guffaw:

==

Dean: Are you like a Delorian without enough plutomian?
    Cas: I don't understand that reference. :lol:

==

Dean: What do I look like Dr. Angel Medicine Woman? :guffaw:
    (about Cas): He's tough for a nerdy dude with wings. :lol:

==

Angel gone Terminator. :lol: Great line there! So if we're talking Terminator 1 that means Anna would be Arnold Schwarzenegger. :guffaw:
    ==

Is it just me or does it look like a different woman playing Mary this time?

I love that Sam stared at his parents in awe like he was starstruck. :lol: Too cute.

John: Or so help me I will pull this car over.
    Me: I bet the boys have heard that line before. :lol:
    Dean: Awkward family road trip. :lol:

==

The actor playing John does a good job with making his voice sound similiar to JDM's.

==

Angels don't lie huh? Well, Anna sure does. She told Uriel that the Winchesters kill him when she was the one who killed him.

==

Woah! I never expected Michael to use John as a vessel. That was kind of cool when he obliterated Anna. He's a bit cocky, but doesn't seem (so far) to be as big of a butt as Zach. :lol: But why didn't he just from the beginning go to Dean and ask permission instead of getting Zach to do it for him? Is he a coward or just too busy? :lol: It's weird though cause the actor playing John seemed to change his voice when Michael took over John's form. Kind of like how Misha changes his from Jimmy to Cas.

Okay I'm a bit confused on how time travel works here, so bear with me. Anna killed Uriel a while back, right? So Anna goes back to 1978 and gets killed there by Michael. So is Uriel still gonna be dead or will he come back to annoy the Winchesters since Anna died in the past? Does it change the fact that she killed him? And does it erase Dean's little escapade with her? Is he re-virginized again. :guffaw:

===

ROTFLMAO! That must be a dig at that Gossip Girl ad that caused so much controversy. :lol: But, it would probably be the ep where God makes some sort of appearance.

======

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  14. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I've totally have to squee about tonight's episode, I'll put it in a spoiler box for those of you who have yet to see it ;)

I started watching this episode knowing that it was going to be a great one! But I think the word great is an understatement ;)

:lol: At Dean's dream ...
    Ugh, Anna! Good character, sucky actress!
    :( Castiel admitting that Sam's a friend.
    Poor Castiel with the worse case of time travel jet lag :(
    Sam looking at Mary :(
    :( At Dean talking to John about his life and how he forgave his father and Dean telling Mary who him and Sam actually are :( and especially when Dean told her not to go to the nursery :( and I really almost cried hearing him begging her to leave John.
    Weird seeing Mary pregnant with Dean and Dean being there, would be weird if she was far along and could feel her stomach.
    Ugh Uriel ... even an asshat 30 years ago :p
    Have to say I really liked Micheal's choice of the vessel, I think the actor who played young John did a hell of a job there. John as Michael makes sense in more than one way ;)
    Anna is dead. Good riddance! About time!
    Can we say that Dean slept with a crazy wench too? :lol: Let's all just lay off of Sammy ;)
    Sam getting stabbed, did that remind anyone else of All Hell Breaks Loose?
    The whole conversation with Michael and Dean :( So Dean, Sam and John are the decedents of Cain and Abel? :wtf:
    Six Degrees of Heaven Bacon :guffaw:
    Poor Castiel :( "Team Free Will" :lol:

15. GregNickRyanFan

Dean's dream: It's funny cause it's so very Dean to dream about strippers dressed as angels and devils, but then he said "I love peace on Earth", so there's a deeper meaning in there somewhere. He wants peace on Earth. That aspect of it was kind of sweet. :lol: But his facial expressions cracked me up.

Would have been even weirder if babyDean had kicked and Mary had grabbed 2010Dean's hand and put it on her stomach. That would have cracked me up... just imaging his expression and what he would have said. Probably something like "wow I was strong even in the womb." then looks at Mary, "did it hurt? If so, I'm sorry".

This whole episode reminds me a lot of Charmed when futureChris and/or Future Wyatt would show up... and then when Chris finally told Piper that he was her son.

I would break out into a chorus of "ding dong the wicked witch is dead", but that song is reserved for Ruby cause it's more fitting for her since she was an actual witch as a human. :lol: What song would fit Anna? Hmm...

I knew from the beginning that Anna was probably going to turn out bad, but I never thought it would be like this. :lol: I actually thought she'd end up joining Lucifer. :lol:

Yeah. Dean broke my heart in AHBL when he grabbed Sammy and held him. And he did again in this episode when he was calling out to Sam. The way he said "Sammy" like he was about to cry. Oh man... pulled on my heart strings big time.

Yeah, I didn't see that one coming.

Is that what he said? I thought he said "Kevin". :lol: but "Heaven" makes sense. :lol:

I still wanna know how the symbols got smudged off. Isn't that supposed to keep angels from being able to get inside?

Oh and I loved how John said he didn't care what they meant, he just wanted to know where to put them. And then Dean said it had to be done in human blood and John just automatically pulls out a knife and cuts himself.

While I kind of like that it was Michael that killed Anna, I kind of wish it had been sort of like Ruby's death only with Dean holding Anna while Cas killed her since Dean couldn't kill her since he's not an angel and all.

Edited to add: I just watched the ep again online cause my channel had some messups and I missed a bit of the dialogue.

Re: Dean's dream- When Anna asked "so this is what you dream about?" I had a bit of a flashback to the first ep where Dean meets his parents in the past when Cas appeared on Dean's bed and said "hello dean, what were you dreaming about?" :lol: I love that Dean said "awkward"... Anna someone he slept with appears in his dream where he's dreaming about strippers dressed as angels and demons. Awkward indeed. :lol:

Oh and I totally forgot to mention that I thought the line about the Delorian was appropriate considering that the original title of this ep was "Back To The Future 2" and the Delorian is the car from BTTF (the movie). :lol:

Loved when Sam said "I mean the mustaches alone..." :lol:

Oh and Michael referring to Sam when talking to Dean as "your darling little Sammy" kind of made me chuckle. But it bothered me how Michael was trying to say how he and Dean were alike because Michael practically raised Lucifer like Dean practically raised Sam.

But when Michael said: I'd say this conversation is long overdue... my reply was "you can say that again, pal". :lol:

And now I'm confused about something else.

Anna told Uriel "these people are going to kill you". Umm... Does Uriel really not know that only an angel can kill another angel? Cas knew, so why wouldn't Uriel? Or did the writers just forget that little tidbit? I don't understand why Uriel even had to be there. There was no point in him being there... none whatsoever. He didn't even do much before Michael showed up. But, I loved Dean's reaction when he was told that was Uriel. :lol:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010