Eddie Cahill #5: Charismatic Brilliance

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Elsie, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlacksAngell

FlacksAngell Victim

Exactly, it may not be legit, but if it's true wishing them all the best. I'm guessing from her size and shape that she was near her due date and it's a girl anyways :p After having two and two, I usually find the boys dip a lot more. She's quite neat and round, I was the same on both my girls.

But as you said, I'm sure they'll make fantastic parents. And I'm sure the baby will be just as beautiful as both parents boy or girl.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Alright guys, let's cool it down in here. No need to get testy--sometimes people surf the net a lot and forget specific sites where they saw things. Not a big deal.

I do think we should redirect this conversation a bit though--let's respect the privacy of Eddie and his wife. I haven't seen an official birth announcement anywhere, so let's err on the side of caution and assume this is information Eddie considers private.

Let's get back to talking about his career and other roles and stuff like that. :)

Was CSI: NY the first time you saw Eddie? Or were you familiar with him from earlier roles? I had seen him in both Friends and Felicity, so I was really excited to see that he'd been cast in CSI: NY!

3. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Okay, back to topic:

CSI NY was what made me open my eyes and really notice him. I was a big fan of Felicity but cannot remember him in any episode there. But it was ages ago since the show was being aired and my memory is not the best. I haven't seen the show since it was aired either. I have seen him in Friends but it was quite recently as I did borrow a friend's dvd boxes (with all seasons of Friends). I have seen him in some other movies and tv-shows before (Charmed, Lords of Dogtown and Dawson's Creek). But I did not really notice him there. It was small roles.

As Don Flack is a main character which often is in many (maybe all?) episodes, it was difficult to ignore him. So for me, it was the first time I really noticed that Eddie exists. It feels quite "bad" to admit it, so I am actually ashamed.

4. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

Thanks for intervening, it was getting a little bit outta topic. We shouldn't get too serious about our favourite actors (but even I sometimes get carried away)!

But if I may, Top41, and you'll excuse me falling off the wagon of your Mod Orders :( I'd just like to say that I'm very happy for Eddie and Nikki. They are very private people and I think most of us know how to respect that, but a pregnancy is kinda hard to hide (ref: the picture). So, I'm just really happy about the news, and happy that they are happy. I'm done now!

I never watched Friends before until my sister bought the DVDs last year (I'm always so fashionably late about everything) so the first time I saw Eddie was on Sex And The City and when I started watching CSI:NY I didn't even recognized him :lol: I had to read it on some Facts section about Eddie to make the connection! I really like him as Don Flack, but I wish he'd do more movies. He's very talented! But he's still young so his career won't end soon. Plus, it seems that it's more and more OK to see old actors on screen nowadays then it used to be back in the days, or it's just me? So, his career can really last longer than what was the statistics a decade ago.

5. NypdFlackie

NypdFlackie Hit and Run

The first time I noticed Eddie was in season 1 of New York. I was actually a CSI Vegas Fan and was addicted to that show, but than I saw Gary Sinise in New York and I like that actor so I figured I'd give the show a try. I saw Eddie, his sarcasm and cocky humor kinda annoyed me at first but, but than I drew to like his character. I guess you can say he grew on me, and now hes my favorite character of the show.

6. Top41

I saw him on Sex and the City, too, but I think it was after CSI: NY started because I was watching it on DVD. Eddie has a really great range--he does comedy just as well as he does drama. I guess since Flack gets the snarky lines, he gets a chance to do a little comedy in CSI: NY, too.

7. Nick_Wolfe_Danny

Nick_Wolfe_Danny Police Officer

The first time i saw eddie was like an inbetween thing haha. the movie miracle was on and I caught the part were Eddie's character is talking to his dad and i was like heyyyyyyy, then CSI:Ny strolled my way, and because I had watched the other ones I thought i would give it a try and then I saw Eddie and life has never really been the same. haha

8. Cyn-B-Demented

I couldn't tell ya! I started watching SATC when it was over :lol: and I started listening to CSI:NY on regular basis a year ago.

And I agree about Eddie having great range. It's great that he got to do a little bit of both on CSI:NY!

9. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

I agree. Eddie's private life shouldn't be discussed here.

Anyway, I never really noticed Eddie before. I did get lost in his heavenly blue eyes, but I used to be into Carmine/Danny. When Danny got together with Lindsay, I thought his character became very boring. One night, I had a dream that involved Eddie/Flack, and I didn't realize until then that I was totally into him. LOL My unconscious mind knew it before my conscious one, and that was in August 2009. Since then, I really adore him and I think he's an incredibly talented actor. I don't know why I never recognized him before, shame on me! And he was also amazing in the movie "The Narrows." Kevin Zegers who was in the leading role did such a horrible job, but Eddie's performance was fantastic. Although he just had a small role, yet it was very significant. He played this veteran character so authentically, that I was impressed by his acting abilities! I hope others start to realize that too, because I'd love to see him in more movies.

10. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

I agree with you there. I really like him as Don Flack (and what I have seen of Eddie earlier). But I am confinced Eddie will be in some movies in the future (and maybe in other tv-shows, both as main character and guest star). And no, it is not only you. It is often okay to see old actors on the screen. Especially if you are male, I think. Some female older actors, like Meryl Streep. But many of the actors in this "older actors-category" seem to be men.

11. Cyn-B-Demented

I haven't seen his entire filmography yet but what I've seen was amazing performance and even with a weekly show like CSI:NY he never stops delivering the best of him to portray Don Flack. As much as I like Don Flack's humour and snarkyness, some of my best Flack moments are in Pay Up.

True, there's still more stereotypes for aged women to be on screen. I never quite understood why the bar was set so high for women (and not just in cinema)?! But thank God for Meryl Streep, Diane Keaton, Kathy Bates... a few favourites of mine :D

12. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

Eddie is such a passionate & charismatic actor, I'm sure he'll get other and even bigger roles offered than CSI:NY. I still can't believe how amazing he was in the movie "The Narrows." I definitely can imagine him in a leading role that asks for a tough yet charming kinda character. And you guys are right, he's just 32 years old and his whole career is still in front of him. You just have to recognize such a drawing actor! And most importantly, he seems to be one of those down-to-earth & genuine people although living in shallow Hollywood. I hope he'll always keep his New Yorker attitude :) because that's why I love him!

13. Top41

Eddie really, really deserves a leading role. He could absolutely carry a TV show, and he can pull off both comedic and dramatic material. Don't get me wrong, I'd hate to see him leave CSI: NY, but I also feel he can do so much more.

14. SparkyGirl

SparkyGirl CSI Level One

I have returned to catch up....once again!!! Life is being a bit crazy for the moment. I would like to have time between those little pot holes that form.

As for the all smiley one....I must say looking as good as ever! If it weren't for the "cute faces" Eddie makes.....I would not be so eager to watch tv!! I must admit to forgetting Eddie's b-day!!! (ducks from marshmallows and assorted items being pelted by) The local paper listed his bday....lucky for me I read the paper!!! I'm sure he had a wonderful bday.....hopefully he didn't have to work!!!! :cool:

I've decided to go back to school and get my RN. I must be crazy!!! Well...yeah....I am!!!! :lol: So right now I"m looking at schools and teaching myself math. I hate math!! Ugh....just hide me in Flack's desk drawer and lock it! I guess I love to torture myself!!

This weekend I have to work....traded with a co-worker who wants to see the superbowl. Big snow storm coming.....lucky for me I have a shovel, kitty litter and salt in the truck!!! I'm ready for it!!!

Gonna catch up.....

15. Cyn-B-Demented

Sparkyyy! What's up? Busy I see :D Tthat's always good, right?!

I forgot about Eddie's b-day too but then again I'm always forgetting dates, names, phone numbers... :lol: Really need to do these Neurobics from this book I bought at the exhibition Bodies Revealed.

Congrats on going back to school! Keeping ourselves educated is very important no matter what our age is! Knowledge is endless. Thinking about it too myself, just need to figure out which program... lol

Instead of locking you in Flack's drawer, you should ask him to home school you, hahaha! Now THAT would be a good way to keep maths interesting. :p

Hope you won't have to shovel too much! Be safe on the roads! :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.