"Long Ball" Discussion - *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jan 17, 2010.

1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah that's one of Greg's endearing qualities, he voices what everyone else is thinking? It was a cute scene though.

My aunt and uncle lived in two different provinces for a while when they were married, they made it work. Ironically, it's when they lived together again they divorced.

2. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

I'm glad someone else noticed! Kinda makes me wonder if they aren't writing Brass off the show. The last few episodes he's done nothing but his perfunctory interview duties and as much as I hate to say this, even then he seems royally bored. That says a lot because usually PG brings it, even if he's just working with his usual 5 minutes of screentime.

3. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

i give long ball 7 out of 10

i really liked the scene between greg and sara, plus we finally got a breather from ray
    living 6000 miles away from your spouse isn't exactly normally but since when has gsr ever been normal but hey i like them anyday:)

and of course the great ray langston solved it again, but at least nick was somewhat there

they mentioned tiger woods (i so knew they would)

i learned stuff about golf and lazers, it was kinda interesting

4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I like the episode. Not one of their best, but it was ok.

I liked the banter between Nick and Sara. Reminded me of the old days. Ok, but THREE people :shifty: processing a golf cart? :wtf: Guess they caught up on all those open cases there were at the beginning of the season. :lol:

See, we're not the only ones who thinks Sara being 6000 miles away from her husband is strange. After she chased and wanted Grissom for so long. Greg thinks it strange too and yes, I still think he has a crush on her.

Hodges being teased, that was fun. I really liked Catherine in this episode.

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I'm not a big golf fan so this one didn't capture my interest. I think I need to watch it again. ;)

I did love Jason Dohring from Veronica Mars and Moonlight. It was kind of weird watching him on CSI after playing Logan on Veronica Mars.

My husband guess it was an accident half way through the episode. I guess we've been watching CSI too long. :lol:

Nick and Sara were great together. I was like she never left and she was her same old Sara from previous seasons.
    Greg is so cute. You know he cares about her as a friend and wants to know things are going with her and Grissom. I'm sure his little shout out to Grissom liking golf was a way to check in on their marriage. He's right, it can't be easy to be away from your husband 6,000 miles away. I'm really wondering what they are going to do with that storyline since they seem to bring it up so often.

Not much else I can add.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

This episode was boring for the most part. I ffwd through the opening golf scene.

Loved Superdave saying "a-oh" when Hodges held the shoe to his head. :lol:

"Mar Twain referred to golf as a good walk wasted."

"Each one is unique."
    "Aww... like a snowflake." :lol:

Ray's comment about where the vic's ex's sister's prints were cracked me up. :lol:

Speaking of the sister, her and Nick had some nice chemistry going on there. Maybe they should hire this actress to play Nick's gf. :lol:

"Oh what can I say? I just like a man who hauls a big bag." :lol:

Laser girl. :lol:

Ray: Hodges. You wanna know what we're doing? I guess that means you found the primary crime scene. :lol:

"Don't drive angry." :lol:

I have to disagree about YKM. Just because it was Grissom that Greg said "yeah whatever" to doesn't necessarily mean he was annoyed or angry with Grissom. It could very well be that he was just plain ol' having a bad day.

Greg's tone in Family Affair about the marriage seemed like a friendly teasing tone to me. I don't think it was mocking at all.

As for the moment in the current episode, I saw it as Greg just doing his usual teasing of Sara. And there was also a little friendly concern there as well. He naturally doesn't want to see his friend get hurt. And I truly believe that Greg thinks of Sara as his best friend. I don't think Greg has any intentions of being second choice or rebound guy. Greg deserves much better than that! And I honestly don't think Greg would make the moves on a woman that he knows is married.

The only reason for that dialogue was for the writers to remind the viewers that Grissom and Sara are married and very much together (just like the NY writers constantly reference D/L being married- they don't want us to forget lol) despite her being in Vegas and him being elsewhere. GSR is the writers' pride and joy. They're not going to break up anytime soon I don't think. I could hear Nick saying the same things to Sara [that Greg said] in almost the same tone and I can even see that cute/sexy smirk of his as well.

It was a cute scene (even if it gets a little annoying when they constantly remind us that the two are married lol). I do think the writers have heard all of us wondering how Grissom and Sara could be together when they're so far apart and I think they used Greg's dialogue to assure viewers that GSR are still going strong despite the distances between them.

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

This episode for the most part was not my cup of tea. I'm not a golf enthusiast, although I used to play with my husband. I found it boring:vulcan: Like Ray said, all you doing is chasing a little white ball, and mega walking to get it in the hole. Some love it and are passionate about it, I'm not one of them. What I did find that the interesting in this ep. was the strong team cameraderie, fantastic, They were all on the same page with ideas, theories views and opinions. Nick and Ray are so tight it's cool and Ray has a bright aura and his dialogue is so precise and perfect. He's enticing~ Cath and Hodges, and Greg and Sara Thank's Greg for mentioning GSR. you little sweetheart~

GREG:: "Golf always reminded me of something that would appeal to Grissom"
    SARA:: "I don't know, it never came up"
    GREG:: "Sometimes, I wonder if you two are really married"
    SARA:: "Well now that you mention it--just kidding"
    GREG:: ""6,000 miles huh"?
    SARA:: "So far so good"
    GREG:: "Allright"

And so the suspects the stepmom and the son, were not guilty and it was in the end a tragic mishap freak accident, he killed him self:eek: all the other stuff the laser to make the ball and the player cheat and other stuff that didn't particulary interest me. It was not the best episode in S/10, to me, but I still liked it OK~

8. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Okay, I'll concede that maybe I was stretching it with "Family Affair". (Although, I still think there was something in his tone of voice).

As for "You Kill Me", while everyone else was trying to cheer up Grissom, Greg was the only one to be short with him. I say it's open for interpretation.

I still stand by my original thought. Both there and for this ep. What can I say, I'm a stubborn bastard.:p

(Me still love you though)

9. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

The episode was mostly just plain boring...like golf (imagine that!) the dumb ball jokes were more lame than funny. Not a very exciting case and the outcome was unrealistic and silly.

Some good points: Hodges looking for the crime scene location and being teased as a result.

Greg's banter at the golf course with Sara was cute. Plus we got a Grissom reference. And of course they had to remind us that her and Grissom are married. What's the matter, are they afraid we might forget?

Nick & the x wife's sister, their chemistry was appealing. They had some cute flirtiness going on.

other than that...snoooooor

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

In this thread you can comment all you like any time you like. :) That's because it's got the spoiler warning in the thread title. It's the other individual character threads where you need to use spoiler tags or wait until the show has aired on the West coast before posting.

I agree. I found myself thinking last night, "Was Brass in this one?" His scenes weren't very memorable, I guess.

My thoughts exactly! :)

Although the golf plot was a little boring to me (just like real golf!), I liked how it seemed like everyone was in it here and there, even the lab rats. :)

11. Nick3167

Nick3167 Rookie

OMG as much as a big Golfer as I am I LOVED this epi I could see what was going to happen before it happened like the Sister with the laser I have heard about that I loved the fact that Nick was SOOOO into this epi with the golf lingo. I also loved the fact that He was able to BE HIMSELF in this epi I saw George A LOOOOOOONG time ago Early in his career before I new who he was on a course in California and he had a stroke that would blow your mind I can just imagine how he is now after his back surgery I hope if I am ever on a course I run into him again I would love to play against him it is only a dream HE is the MAN!!!

12. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I hated this episode. I don't understand the rationale for CSI even making an episode like this. Then again, I still don't really get the rationale for golf being considered a legit sport. This episode was just as interesting as a game of golf. An intro scene with, for the most part, old guys ambling around over a few green hills does not the coveted demo win. No surprise that both ABC and NBC beat CBS on the 18-49 demo with this episode.

Giving Nick, Hodges and Ray basically all of the screentime didn't help either. I could have somehow missed it, but did anyone see Wendy in this episode? And since when is Greg's job to do Archie's job for like 30 seconds and then just be a tool for GSR? And Brass... what the frak. Where were the zingers?! Last episode, there were opportunities for Brass zingers and he just... didn't take them. This episode, he just disappeared. It feels like the writers really don't know how to write his character. The step-mother's sister was the only reason this episode was worth watching, IMO.

13. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I really don't like golf at all, so my expectations were low. And in fact, I found the episode slow moving, and unspectacular, like golf. BUT, the character interactions were the high points, and carried the show.
    As others have written, I loved the Greg/Sara scene. I thought the 'just kidding' was cute. And I do think Greg is just looking out for the happiness of his friend, nothing more.
    I also liked the 'snowflake' scene; it looked like Nick and Sara, as well as George and Jorja, were having fun.
    The case was somewhat interesting; and Hodges was good, but I thought Ray's dialogue and contribution to the case was lame.
    For me, this episode was better than average due to Sara, Greg, and Nick. I give it an 8.5/10.

14. Nick3167

Nick3167 Rookie

After watching this epi I really need to start looking into a indor golf course in the winter months so I can still play

15. DaveR

DaveR Victim

I did like his line, when Nagano's caddy says something like "Do you have to do this now? He's had a rough day" and Brass says "Yeah, well his dad has had a rough day too."

I almost bust a gut.