Eva/Natalia #2: History Aside, She's Making a Good One!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Boa_Vista_Fan, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

This is crazy! :lol: Ok, here is the situation -- she's suffering from noise-induced hearing loss/cochlear concussion. From what I read on the subject & how I understood it, was that the hearing loss & vertigo IS caused by the initial cochlear concussion, the explosion only damaged it more & set off symptoms, as the decibals were so high. Symptoms can take a while to show (this is just the research I've read), though I don't seem to buy that there would be none whatsoever within a 5 year period of time.

Yep. Hard to read her behaviour this past season when she's rarely been seen. Not to mention Natalia is a master at masking her feelings at times.

A mystery. Could be both ears, could be the one. As I said above, when she was testing she only raised her left hand when she heard the signals.....I haven't had a hearing test done in ages, but I thought you raised the hand in which ear you heard the sound....hear it in the left ear, raise the left hand, etc. Likely we will never know which ear or if both, it's probably irrelevant anyway.

Me too, some. But Eva is talented & she will deliver the goods, no matter how awful TPTB write this out. :p

2. iwatchtoomuchTV

iwatchtoomuchTV Dead on Arrival

can some one tell me when the next episode airs?? bc now i'm all curious about wats going to happen and i'm thinking I'll have to wait until Feb...

3. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

The next new episode the following Monday 1st Feb. I doubt she will be in much though. All I ask for is that 1. She appears and 2. They have to at least show how she is handling her work with her condition, well just anything with reference to her situation basically, however small it might be.

4. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

So I'm a little late with my response here, but you can't blame me too much - I'm preparing for a big move from Jersey to Central Florida, where I'll be working at Walt Disney World. (*SQUEE*)

Loved, loved, LOVED Die By The Sword, if only for the Eva/Natalia scenes. FINALLY our girl is back on the screen, and she is kicking butt! I'm really feeling for Natalia, about being worried about going the doctor and ending up with a mark on her file. I'm glad Ryan managed to talk some sense into her, though. She really did need to see someone.

Like everyone else, I'm confused with that final scene at the doctor's. Was this concussion from Nick or from a new beau? I'm hoping it's the former rather than the latter; to see Natalia in another abusive relationship would just break my heart. She needs a GOOD man in her life!

I've been searching the web like crazy looking for any related Natalia spoilers for upcoming episodes, but I've found nothing. Anyone have anything?

5. iwatchtoomuchTV

iwatchtoomuchTV Dead on Arrival

nothing....since the ep doesnt air until Feb we wont see much until next week.

still haven't decided if her look at the end after she looked at the brochure was a

"I can't believe this is coming back to haunt me"

or a

"i can't believe I got myself into another one of these"

look.

For those of us getting caught up in the show...can some one tell me whats the deal with her and Jesse. I know he left her hanging. So how could she be an abusive relationship and still trying to meet up with hot Jesses for drinks. Those two don't usually go hand in hand.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Well wait a minute, just because she's had a blow to the head doesn't mean it's from a new boyfriend. I do think it's from a recent event, but I don't think it's from a boyfriend or that she's in an abusive relationship again.
    The concussion was caused from repeated slaps to the head, those repeated slaps don't have to be one every day, or every other day -- it could have been all in one incident where the person just hit her over & over again.
    I have nothing really to back up my theory, but I think it's from a one-time incident that took place recently. Maybe an admirer followed her home from a club or restaurant, things got out of control -- possibly just some random guy who picked her out to assault for some reason -- even possible that there could be a link to the old Russian Mob that was left unfinished (at least with Sharova anyway). Robbery, a date turned ugly, a stalker...there's many things that could come into play aside from another abusive relationship. I can't for the life of me see Natalia falling for that again, I just really don't -- she knows of the signs & I honestly think she'd back away as quickly as possible. I get the feeling this will be totally different, that is if indeed it is from a recent incident. And honestly would TPTB drag her down another abusive relationship again? I doubt it. My 2 cents anyway.

Nothing is going on between them as far as we know, and at this point I highly doubt there's anything there. Again she may not be in an any relationship at all, so her accepting his drink invitation isn't abnormal. Also, there hasn't been much to indicate that she's even interested in him. That scene between them could've been looked at in many ways...did she assume he just wanted to talk as friends/co-workers ....or was she really expecting it to be more.....no one really knows. If anything at all, I took it to mean that she basically was just open to the idea.
    As for her responce to him leaving her hanging - again, it could have been viewed as jealousy because she had wanted something to come of them, or perhaps she was just irritated that he seemingly was out to get laid by dress-chick.... maybe she was pissed off at men in general thinking he was that "typical guy". It actually could explain alot of her reaction to him if this "abuse" incident of hers was recent...especially if it happened because the guy wanted more & she didn't.

We'll see :)

7. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I think it is possible for her to be in another abusive relationship. Nick was still controlling her when he came back and she had to give in to him and she also went back to him. If so, I would be very worried if she puts herself in such a position. She definitely needs a good and stable man in her life. The brochure did specifically indicated domestic violence against women, if it meant anything at all. Anyways, this relationship could have also been over for her once she realised the guy is not what he seemed to be. If was an assult, wouldn't she report it right away and there is no need for her to be avoiding the issue?

Lol sorry, I speculate/think too much. :p

So far no further spoilers about her yet. Already half the season is gone and that's fast.

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^ I guess the difference I see is that she loved Nick -- she was married to him for however many years, & a part of her still loved the man he was before he'd become violent. That indeed would be difficult to pull away from completely. But I can't imagine that TPTB would come up with some new boyfriend that she's had for years that we've never seen, then find out he's no different than Nick. That's why I have a hard time buying she'd be in another abusive relationship, & actually stay there to continue taking the repeated slaps to the head. She isn't stupid. Now, if it's the case that she'd been out on a few dates with a guy (a few dates! Not a boyfriend, Not a relationship) & he then lost it one night, then ok, I'll buy that -- otherwise, imo, it would be very out of character for her to "go there" again; not to mention it'd be a complete waste of the strength they've re-built into her character these last few seasons.

Quite honestly, I'll be irate if indeed she's been involved & continued to be with another abusive man; it's a shitty message sent to battered woman, & doesn't show the least bit of respect for Natalia as a character -- she deserves much better than to be seen as an idiot who can't control her hormones and emotions when it comes to badboys -- that's bullshit, I've never bought her as being stupid -- confused, yes, but she is NOT stupid enough to take repeated beatings AGAIN! :scream:

Sorry for the little rant there, but urghhhh.... they don't need to go there again. I just think that IF Natalia had ever gotten into a relationship like that again she'd be furious & boiling with rage -- I just couldn't see her taking that crap again.

The only way I will accept this storyline is if it's -
    A. from her past with Nick
    B. some random guy who assaulted her only ONCE -- & if it's this one then there better be a damn good excuse as to why she's hiding it -- whether it's lack of evidence, or she was drugged, I don't care -- but it better be something other than her just being too ashamed to not bust his ass for it!

On another note (this post is soooo dragging, sorry :lol:) RE: the brochure specifically on domestic violence -- TPTB could have just used that as a way to throw off viewers into immediatly thinking it has to do with Nick, or to make us think it was another abusive relationship, or simply to remind viewers of her past. All in all, I saw it as them totally wanting to freaking confuse us!! :evil:

9. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Yep or either we're confusing ourselves. Ha! I take it is from Nick but just that the medical aspects don't turn up right....gosh, very confusing indeed. :wtf: :lol:

10. doublehelix

doublehelix Police Officer

Greetings good people! Just like many of you I have been caught up in what is going on with Natalia.
    I spent some time watching and re-watching the clip of Natalia with the doctor as he gives her his diagnosis. I did note that the doctor did ask her if she had any "Recent" head trauma, to which she answered "no". After all there has been no indication at all that Natalia has been in a relationship with someone else and that person may be another Nick. But we have all seen that TPTB loves surprises and likes to play "bait-and-switch". If the audience knew that Natalia had fallen into another relationship with an abusive partner and that person had hit her this situation wouldn't be much of a surprise would it?

I am still of the mind that this is "The Ghost of Nick", still swirling about her mind. But I am not so proud to admit that I could be wrong. I just tend to favor the idea that Natalia has not completely escaped her marriage. It is still there in some capacity dogging her. After all there is not one single indication that Nat has gotten involved with another abuser. If she did I would hope she broke it off quickly.

Then it kind of hit me. The possibility that Nat could have found herself in another bad relationship cannot be ruled out, at least not entirely.

Does anyone remember the shooting instructor from a few seasons ago? We knew beyond a doubt that he was interested in Natalia and that he was very persistent. It was a great deal more vague as to what Natalia's interest in him was I'll admit. Who is to say that she didn't finally give in and start to date him only to find he was just another Nick. I have not a lick of proof. It's just food for thought that I have decided to serve up to those of us who post on this thread.

Comments? Criticisms? Fire away!!

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^ Even though I just PM'd you back about this I'll speak my thoughts here as well. :p

I do like the idea of this person being Rich, the sneaky gun instructor. I've always thought he needed to return in some capacity...however, I am firmly against her actually getting intimatly involved with him only for him to turn into another Nick. Too redundant, imo, & I don't see how the story could unfold any differently than the Nick storyline...unless she get's killed this time, or SHE kills this time.

If it is Rich, who's to say he isn't just obsessed & stalker-like at this point & he attacked her one night? I think it could be anything, not just a 'relationship gone bad'. I will say I absolutely am not up for her being raped....good lord she'll swear off men forever if that happened. But, an attempted rape is always possible. She could have managed to kick him in the junk after he gave her severe whacks to the head. Just sayin'.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but the idea of TPTB dragging her through another abusive relationship is something I just don't see happening -- pushing the abusive past back in her face & it haunting her is ok, & if it's a stalker-type, then ok -- but these past few years we've seen Natalia have her heart in this job, it's ALL she's ever doing. Not that she wouldn't have a personal life outside of the lab, but there is simply no indication that she's been with a man. Remember 'Dead on Arrival' & how hooked she was on the reality show? I always thought it seemed like Natalia had become a bit of a loner, only focusing on the job. That's been my impression anyway.

Who knows, I love this healthy debate though, so many good possibilites & scenarios! If TPTB aren't even sure where they're taking this they can always come here to get some ideas. :lol: :p

12. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

We both might just be in "wishful thinking" mode, MJ, but I'm with you on this one. Natalia learned the hard way the signs of an abusive man. Even though she maintained somewhat of a relationship with Nick until he died, I didn't get the feeling that she was willing to take any of the previous abuse from him.

She had become much more confident and self-assured and I don't think she would have put up with him being abusive again. And she loved Nick. If she wasn't going to put up with it from him, I don't see her putting up with it from someone else.

I'm really thinking like you, MJ. The damage we're hearing about is the result of a one-time incident. For some reason I'm still hearing a little voice talking to me about her involvement with battered/abused women. She could very easily have been protecting a battered woman and her abuser took a swing and connected.

As far as the booklet the doctor tried to give her, HE assumed it was domestic abuse and that is why he handed her a booklet on domestic abuse. Natalia didn't react well to his suggestion, I agree. That could be because she feels that she has overcome that part of her past and doesn't want that to be a consideration here. A lot of abuse victims, once they feel they have overcome it and moved on, resent having to address it again because they don't want to be defined by that part of their life. Not only that, it makes her appear as though she is a victim when she is a law enforcement officer and should be capable of taking care of herself. It's not a pleasant thing in any case.

But I had a real hard time reading that scene (man, Eva LaRue is good!). She seemed scared, anxious, unsure - just not sure what was happening there.

Great way to get us all thinking and speculating!

I love it, too! :thumbsup: So many possibilities. It's just great to see Natalia get something this interesting. I just hope TPTB give her a story that is worthy of the character. They owe her that much. She's been very patient waiting for her turn.

I'm so excited to see how Eva is going to kick butt with this! :thumbsup:

13. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I have another worry. I hope that tptb don't conclude this storyarc of hers in one single episode. As in along the episodes, they will give little reference to her issue and then there comes one case where they throw everything out and that's it. Oh, and I hope lord no, she doesn't get killed in the process! :(

We know Eva will do a great job and I am so excited. She has been too patient.

14. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

I don't think they'll kill her. At least I would hope not! They've already lost Adam, I don't think they would get rid of her too. If they were I think we wouldve heard about her leaving by now and in interviews she still talks about loving being on the show, so I don't think they're gonna kill her off. I will be very upset if they do. (A little forwarning for tptb!) ;) Anyway, the more I think about the part of the episode where the doctor handed her that thing, I do think that maybe they did that to throw us off. I mean really bringing Nick back into this would be kinda wired but also very interesting. But maybe she got in a car accident or something. There's so many things it can be and when we find out what it's going to be I think were gonna be like " wow why didn't we think of that!" lol But I can't wait for this whole thing to get underway! My mom is even excited about it! :)

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I didn't either. She claimed that her therapist said it was some kind of supressed attraction, & though she was willing to get close to him again, she didn't trust him, nor had she believed he was a changed man.

Ditto. Natalia tried very hard to find her confidence again & has shown success up 'til now -- I'll go back to 'Burned' when she was determined to handle Lipton on her own -- she knew H had her back, but she remained calm & strong saying "I got this, Horatio". That one line & her eye-contact spoke volumes... the girl was refusing to be a victim again. Why would that change now.

Another good possibility, Delynn. ;) My only squirm with that would be why on earth she'd hide it instead of arresting him; unless when she was "attacked" she didn't know who it was & we (viewers & Natalia) would later learn who the attacker is. My "itch I can't scratch" is that she isn't aware of who the attacker was -- I have no idea why I think that, but that's my vibe.

Very nicely said, & I totally agree. In her mind, I assume she feels she's come this far that she hates to re-visit the past in any way shape or form.

I imagine there'll be an episode before the season ends where all this will unfold in a dramatic way -- hopefully it is something that will roll some aftermath into the next season. I don't want to see it here, there, & then gone in a flash. At the same time, I don't want to have to watch her be a mess for too long either... :shifty: She's sure to lose it this time around....think we'll see a breakdown?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.