Talk LIMS #8: Final Results!

Re: Talk LIMS #8: Challenge One - Voting!

Least:

07 - It's hard to see what the picture is because it's all jumbled up. The icon is also quite dark, so it's hard to tell what's going on.

17 - I like the idea of the icon and the colouring is great, but the picture is a little blurry.

05 - The icon is too blurry.

Best:

These are all great! I hate this part tho. :(

Least
7 - I think the crop itself would have worked if it was clearer and without the text or with some different text/font. As is, a bit too much going on here so it's hard to see the overall idea.
17 - Kind of bright...the negative space might have been used for tiny text or something to fill it in...the cut is a bit off.
5 - The pic and text are nice, but it's a bit blurry.

Best
19 - I love the colors and the contrast on this one.
11 - I like the text and how it's cropped.

Least:
05 - the pic is too blurry
12 - overall pic is dark and lack a bit of contrast
21 - the pic is too contrast-y, especially around the nose and mouth where it's too bright

Best:
15 - i like the coloring of the pic and composition and the slight touch of the texture. :)
02 - i like the composition and the lighting.

Least:
5- The image is too blurry, and his face is unclear.
10- The icon's overall color washes out his figure. And the picture looks over sharpened.
12- The icon is too dark. The image is hard to discern. It would work better if it were brightened up a bit, and the contrast was upped a bit.

Best:

Least:

05 - too dark, it looks very blurry
17 - too over sharpened and the icon a little flashy
21 - too over sharpened, too much contrast

Best:

01 - it's simply but I love the colouring very much
02 - the background with the texture, together with the font, fits marvelous

Least:

7 - While this is a unique icon, I cannot tell what is really going on, nor make out the subject.
4 - The light effect makes the text hard to read. And Nick looks like he was cut and placed on to the back ground.
14 - The icons is very dark, hard to separate Nick from the background. Also the text is oddly placed.

Best:

Least:
05 blurry
09 grainy
18 oversharpened and nick looks a bit streched

Best:

least:
05 - its just a bit too blurry for my taste
17 - it looks a bit like nick isnt really in the picture...with...the white around his head it makes the icon look a bit...strange
12 - i somehow dont like the font. the crop used is ok, a little bit too dark, but the font makes it look a bit weird

best:

Least
17 - Not a good cut. The green behind Nick's left shoulder isn't part of the shirt but the colour makes it seem like it is which looks odd.
04 - Love the colours but the use of white around Nick makes it look as if he's a part of the clouds. That makes no sense given the fact he's standing in a field of flowers. I think the stroke around the text is a bit too much. I would've done it more subtle.
18 - Nick's head looks weird. It seems like his face is longer than it should be and is too sharp.

Best
25 - I really like the colouring and fading background. The text is faded a bit too and fits the image perfectly.
11 - Love the text. The colours make the glasses stand out but not too dominant.

Least
09 - The icon is too grainy. It might be a texture, but it should have been erased from Nick's face.
05 - As said before, the icon is too blurry.
17 - Nick should have been cut out more precisely.

Best
22 - LOVE it! I like everything about this icon: the texture(s), the use of text, etc.
15 - The colors are great and the icon looks really smooth.

Well done guys, these are all awesome, it was very difficult to choose!

Least:
17 - Nick seems somewhat washed out and kinda blends into the background.
21 - Seems to be overcontrasted and Nick's face is somewhat difficult to make out, it all kind of blends together.
05 - Nick himself looks somewhat blurred, taking away from the effect of the icon as a whole.

Best:
22 - Original idea, looks altogether fantastic.
07 - The effect works well with the pic, looks awesome.

Wow what a Ward Girl's delight you have here. All the icons are good and as Smokey said here's the hard part.

LQ

17- The background is washed out and with the blue running into it makes it hard on the eyes
21- facial features are washed out
22- the faded background and the light text are difficult to see

BQ
16-The double exposure effect is nice
2-nice crisp and clean

LQ:

17- Nick is not cut out very precisely and the icon is a little too bright
05- the icon is blurry
09- while I like the coloring, the icon is oversharpened

BQ:

22- This is really well done. I especially love the crop and the use of textures
11- It's beautifully cropped and the coloring is pretty. The text fits too. All together a really nice icon...

Least:
12-icon is dark and text is hard to read
17-you can tell Nick has been erased and the outline/edges of Nick need something to them
07-hard to tell exactly what I'm looking at

Most:

LQ:
17- the coloring is great, but the way he was cut out of the background is just a little off. it doesn't look as clean as it could.
5-the image is a bit too blurry, but i love the brush and the tiny text
21- theres too much contrast and it also look a little oversharpened.

BQ:
7- i love the coloring, and the text goes perfectly with the text, its just overall, very unique.
2- love the coloring and the crop its simple, yet beautiful.

Back