Episode #419 'Driven' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Guest, Mar 16, 2006.

1. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I like them better also. Alot of DVD's won't allow you to fast forward which makes me mad alot of times.

2. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

Well, I promised that I would revive this topic when I got to see this episode, and having just watched it, I have to say that now I finally understand what you guys were talking about. This episode would undoubtedly be one of, if not THE worst episode of season 4 (at least so far). It just made me sad because the episode had potential. There were a few good things, however, the cons WAAAAY outlisted the pros.

Pros:
    1. Ryan wearing a T-shirt. I swear, it's about time he stopped wearing those damn blazers. I mean, it's Miami not...somewhere cold. I dunno where I was going with that really.

2. Ryan...almost getting to shoot his gun. Well, it was nice that he actually got to get his gun out instead of getting shot again.

3. The end scene between Ryan and Calleigh was really sweet, even though I'm not CaRWash, I still thought it was really cute :)

Cons:
    1. Ok, first and foremost, that end scene between H and Marisol was the most painful part of the episode to watch. It's primarily the part that will remain in my mind, mostly because it was at the end. It just seemed so forced and when H said "It's not too late" and she turned around and said "What did you say?" I was half expecting her to ask him right there to have a baby with her :rolleyes:

2. Ryan not actually getting to shoot his gun. I mean, come on! He was a patrol cop, I just don't get why he froze, but thats not my main concern. If my memory serves me right (which it probably doesn't because I tended to have blocked out most of season 4 so far) Ryan hasn't yet shot his gun, much less at someone. This had better not be like Speed again, because he only got to shoot a gun ONCE on the show, and that was only to test fire it. It was frustrating because for 2 seasons he was out in the field and involved in 2 major shootouts, and he didn't get ONE shot off, I mean, get real writers. But this had better not happen to Ryan. And I think what made me most annoyed was that Horatio came in and saved the day, yet again. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like Horatio, but it always has to be him thats the hero, the writers don't really give any of the other characters a chance to shine, and thats probably why I was so annoyed.

3. The scene between Eric and Snake. Ok, the editing staff must have done some serious napping while they were doing this episode. That scene came out of nowhere. When she said "I'm sorry about earlier, I was jsut concerned about Marisol. Not every little thing has to be something" or what ever she said I was just sitting there thinking "What? Where on earth did that come from? What earlier?" and then I promptly remembered that it was season 4 of Miami, so it's not supposed to make any sense. But, if the eariler scene had been included, I probably still would've been annoyed because I am getting so sick of Eric and Snake bickering like little children. I'm a teenager, and even we don't really bicker like that anymore :rolleyes:

4. And last but not least. Horatio in this episode. Making Eric stay at the scene and work while he went to the hospital to check on Eric's sister? Now either he's secretly got a crush on Marisol and wants any excuse to see her without Eric being there or he was blinded by the need to save her from whatever crisis she was having. I don't think anyone would rather stay and work instead of checking on an injured sibling, but rather letting the boss go instead.

I just don't get these writers anymore, it all makes no sense. But then again, it IS CSI: Miami...

Oh, and I did notice the whole colour purple, and now I truly get it. The wardrobe people don't even pay attention anymore either...I just can't believe that none of the people actually working on the show actually noticed :rolleyes:

3. crimekat

crimekat Hit and Run

Wow, someone freezing up. It's a good thing that none of the bad guys shot at Ryan