Who is Dr. Jekyll? *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Oct 10, 2009.

1. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Man I saw when I logged in yesterday it was the first time since November 2008 haha. Anyways, I think Rey and Dr. J are unrelated, not just physically but totally have no connection. I think it'll be a random outsider. I do think something is up with Rey and his DNA and some sort of past issue or maybe a family member.

I've seen the biggest theories are its his Father or brother. I think his father is too old to be doing this, and I got the feeling he was dead. Also, if it was either of these, I feel like Rey wouldn't be trying to protect them, but would be trying to catch them if he had a sense it was them, hence refusing the DNA doesn't really make sense. I like a lot of these theories though, but I still feel like there is a lot of season to go. At this point in season 7 nobody had a clue who the Mini Killer was, and there was more to go off of then.

2. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

That is true, but like Ray and Dr. J this season, a similar sort of speculation was building around Hodges, the more HE got involved in the miniature murder case in season 7. Yet it turned out to be Natalie. So it could very well be the producers doing this just to throw us off from the real suspect...or making it that obvious, that we're dismissing it solely because of that reason.

I still don't know what to think in regards to Ray and his involvement. Whether it is him himself, someone from his past, or what. But I do think it would be a clever idea say if LF wasn't going to renew his contract, for him to be the killer...and perhaps a way to invite Grissom back for a handful of episodes. Or a way to prove that the team is capable of coming together and solving the case without the leadership of Gris.

Either way, I think there is going to be an interesting build up the further it progresses.

3. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

ha and for the record I thought Hodges being the MK was a ridiculous thought. Hopefully Rey being Dr. J becomes that ridiculous once we start to learn a bit more.

4. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

But would they play the same tune again? Or better yet...Why would they play the same tune again?That will get old real fast and cause the base a little bit of deja vu...which probably will not go over really great. We want something new...we want him to be the killer because it would make for great story telling! LF is just like any other actor....he gets paid and they could drag this out for a long while or until Grissom decides to return like Sara,

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Good anaylsis DJ, but I'm positive he's not the 'killer' once again, when he found the highlighted line missing from the book, he was all alone, and that would have been the time for him to look around, smirk and act strange and we'd be like WHOA,:eek: but he acted perplexed, baffled and surprised as the viewers were. He wants to catch this guy too much. And I never considered Hodges as the Minature Killer, he's to much a dyed in the wool CSI, and also he's the one who pointed out the possibility of the 'bleach factor', and was all thrilled when Grissom said "Good job Hodges" and he did his little jig down the hallway. I know Langston is not the Jekyll killer~

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think it will all depend on whether or not he'll decide to stay with the show another season. If he plans on staying for Season 11, then most likely he will not be the killer. But if he's planning to leave (and there's no indication that he's even talking about leaving, I'm just stating a "what if" scenario), then it might be possible that they would write the character out that way. It's not something that's ever been done on a CSI show before after all. I guess it's a wait and see situation at this point. :lol:

I do agree that most likely the killer will be unrelated to any of the main characters. But, its just fun to theorize one way or the other. :)

7. sparkus88

sparkus88 Civilian

Hi I appreciate what your saying about him being alone but why wouldn't the writers & produces want to keep it quiet longer, if he is jekyll. If it was revealed at that moment then there would be more than half a season of the audience knowing, and I think would be a terrible ending to what has been a top storyline so far. Personally I hope Ray is Jeykll because it would make it an amazing storyline, and easily one of the best storylines CSI has done, but its probably more likely to be a relative of Ray, hence the DNA refusal.

8. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Why, Doogie?! WHY!!!

Ahem, anyway...

I like the theory that this is a plot to bring Grissom back. Perhaps this whole thing was a conspiracy theory, like New Coke and Coke Classic: Peterson wanted to take a break from the show, do some theatre, blah blah blah, but didn't want to sever all ties with CSI. He's still executive producer and apparently drops by every now and again. TPTB hire a replacement, an A-list actor whom everyone would like (or so they wished). Then they slowly cast doubt over the actor. In the end, it's revealed he is a serial killer and Grissom comes back to help.

Biggest clue for my theory: The return of Sara Sidle. It would be incredibly difficult to maintain a plausible excuse of why Sara's here and Grissom's over there. Slow build-up to the actual return.

Biggest surprise that could come from this theory: The discovery of the body of Riley Adams. She never really liked Langston. She didn't actually leave the lab. Langston killed her and sent in a fake exit interview. Or something.

Too much? Maybe. Would make a great fanfic though.

New Coke: Langston
    Coke Classic: Grissom
    Bring back the Classic!

9. Athersgeo

Athersgeo Rookie

The frightening part is how much sense that makes.

Having just seen Ghosttown (being ten episodes behind the US sucks) and weighing it against what I know comes later (thank heaven for spoilers - it's kind of like getting the DVD box set, only I still get ad-breaks), there has definitely got to be something up with Ray. He just came across as very suddenly all-knowing about the case, midway through the episode which just struck me as...well...weird.

And then there's the piece at the end - is Nick suspicious of Ray at this point or just curious about the interview? Is this something that's even followed up in subsequent episodes?

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WOW, Praetor what an imagination, you're right she's the only one who was snarky with him, and got in his face. But, I think the actress Lauren has come and gone, and is back in Canada, unless they paid her the big bucks to be his victim. And on his knowledge, [Langston] bare in mind, once again, his forte was a serial killer profiler, so it's right up his ally on the interest and he's a smart dude to boot~

11. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

too much? no way
    riley killed by dr jekyll and even if ray didn't turn out to be jekyll, that is a good idea:thumbsup::thumbsup: and it would make a good season finale
    i can see it now

the team gets the dna (or prints) results back and wendy says "the body belongs to riley adams." and screen goes black and says TO BE CONTINUED

great season finale but it would be a loooooooooooooong summer
    man i hope tptb are reading this

12. PraetorCorvinus

Indeed, Lauren wouldn't be back. The body at this point would be so badly decomposed that only through DNA and dental records would they find out who it was.

Athersgeo, Nick's viewing of the interview has, so far, been left alone. No mention has been made. Of course, there have only been two Jekyl episodes since "Ghost Town" and only the recent one had Nick with Ray again. It ended kind of creepy too...

13. StormyDee

StormyDee Civilian

Just a thought about Lauren coming back, he could be storing the body, like frozen or something. Totally random idea but does anybody remember that boy who got killed by the mob- his mom and brother got rich and all that. Then they took her other son cause he did somin. I don't ever remember it being specified what career she was in, and she was ticked at the CSI's - could be another good way to bring Grissom back. Like ya know presenting the body like a present- a thank you for her first son
    Then the appendix thing like saying poison or somin for what happened to her other son.
    And having like the twisted nature of it all being related to like racism or something ( random ideas)
    Just thoughts

14. PraetorCorvinus

Are you referring to the James family? Greg killed the older son, Demetrius, who was part of a mob attacking random tourists. The family sued the city, which settled for several million dollars. Then the younger brother, Aaron, was involved with a murder case. He was sent to prison as an accessory to murder (he didn't actually kill anyone).

I don't think the James family is involved in this in anyway. Mrs. James didn't appear to be someone with the experience necessary to do what Jekyll is doing.

15. fishacura

fishacura Civilian

Do we know for a fact that Langston's dad is dead? I know he has said that but have we seen any evidence? The episode where he was staring at his dad's old army things might just be a sign that he thinks his dad might be Jekyll...maybe he's just telling people he's dead? I just cannot recall any hard evidence.