CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Bright Lights, Big City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mulder8scullly5

mulder8scullly5 Prime Suspect

Awwww Haha! I like this one! Weird hair Carmine!

Sid! Sid! Sid! Finally! We get to see him in action...Well, sort-of...can't wait for the new episodes! :D

2. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

First.. Is it me? Or doesn't Melina seem a bit possessive in that pic? Ah well, if I was standing squeezed in between Carmine and Gary, I'd be too :devil:

I'm really looking forwards to seeing Sid in the field. So rare. It always brings a little more life to the scenes. Face it, CSI:NY has been around a lot of weird crime scenes, so many that it takes more than the bizarrity (Is that even a word?) Of the crime to keep us hooked. Sid deserves more field time too.

3. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Cool picture! :D

Heh I'd wanna be on Melina's place! :devil: Only I'm not sure would I be able to stand! :lol: I'd probably need to ask Carmine and Gary to hold me a little! :guffaw:

I think Carmine's hair looks cute, but I prefer not that pointy style... :p

That was really the best Xmas greetings I've ever seen! :)

4. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I find this picture so adorable i can't describe properly :D

I love Melina's arms. At the beginning i thought she was doing the "hug" gesture and then someone noticed she was grabbing Gary's coat so i guess it was all my imagination :lol: Gary's smile is just too sweet. Something to enjoy permanentky :D

Hill's smile is as big and lovely and tender as always :D and I can't resist Carmine's hair:lol::lol::lol: Is a reminicence to the Punk fashion from the 80's????:lol:

Lovely pic and i wish them all the best :)

ps: I have this strong Family feeling again :D . I just love them all!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  5. Dannyfan2707

Dannyfan2707 Dead on Arrival

Happy Holidays everyone :)

For those of you in the U.K. Channel 5 have started airing the CSI:NY promos for season six, its starts on Saturday 9th Jan...woohoo!!

6. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

I'm probably in the minority, but I miss Flack in suits. It's nice to see him in more casual garb now and then, but the suit set Flack apart from the CSIs, and I miss it and the fugly ties.

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I miss the suits too - I know Flack has been dealing with personal stuff lately, but I hope he dusts off the old fugy ties and they return at some point this season. *crosses fingers*

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I kind of miss the suits, too! Flack looks good casual, but he always looked so suave and dashing in his suits.

9. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

*dies* oh to be squooshed between Gary and Carmine (pointy hair and all).........heaven!!!!! :drool::devil::drool::devil:

10. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

from this week's the big tease at fancast.com:

i don't think anyone should worry. i think it's the budget cuts and all that. sid and adam have had less screen time as well and if i'm not mistaken sid has had more absences than lindsay.

11. Top41

Actually, the rep declining to comment pretty much confirms that it wasn't Belknap's choice to cut her episode order. If it was, her rep probably would have just said it. Interesting....

12. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Actually it doesn't surprise me at all that her rep didn't give out any information. What if it's personal stuff, maybe having to do with her family? Anna didn't make an official statement when her second child was born or anything, why should her rep do it now?

And if it's not a personal reason, why should be something up with her only- Adam and Sid haven't been in all the episodes either and they're regulars as well. The person asked for Anna specifically, but do we know how the other reps would have reacted if someone had asked for Robert or AJ? They're all three regulars of the show and all three have been missing in at least three episodes so far.

13. Top41

^No, it's obvious AJ and Robert Joy are contracted for less than the full season of episodes as well. But then, AJ and Robert didn't start out as regulars in their first seasons on the show--Anna did. Adam and Sid aren't CSIs--Lindsay is. It's a reduction, probably to save money--and given how she used to be contracted for every episode, I think it reflects her lesser value to the show compared to other actors/characters.

14. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I don't get how Anna's rep refusing to comment means that it wasn't Anna's choice to cut her screentime (especially in light of the CBS source being so quick to assure that she's still a series regular). If it was her choice to cut the screentime -- when set against Sid and Adam, who have the same issue -- the rep would hardly have been able to confirm that without also revealing some aspect of her personal life. Whether it was that she had personal problems at home, or was having trouble juggling her home and work life. Either way, confirming she cut her own screentime means confirming she had a reason to. Given how uber-private she seems to be about her personal life, I can't see why the no-comment trend her rep seems to have would suddenly change.

The other actors/characters who have been there since the very beginning? And even when Hawkes wasn't a CSI, he was a regular and contracted to appear in every episode, which he did and has. I think the original contracts that the show was basically created on might be different, to the ones belonging to the characters who joined the show after the first season (who are all also the ones who have periodically gone missing). That's what the common denominator is; and maybe that's why we haven't seen the other characters go missing. They haven't ever gone missing before, none of them -- whereas AB has only ever been contracted for every episode during one season (S4).

Can't see how AB being a regular from the first playing into this, compared to AJ and Robert -- wasn't she supposed to have been a recurring character originally, too?

15. Top41

Plenty of actors say they're cutting back to spend more time with family without giving away any personal details. I think if it was her choice, her rep would have said that--if for no other reason than to not say it makes people think the opposite is true.

Yeah, but that was because she took maternity leave during seasons three and five. Otherwise, presumably, she would have been in every episode. That wasn't true of AJ and Robert... AJ said something in an interview how even after he was added as a regular, the number of episodes he was in each season varied.

She was in the opening credits in the first episode she appeared, so no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.