**Spoiler Lab** S8 - Check Out What's On The Horizon!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slower

slower Lab Technician

Your right, Natalia wouldn't confirm she was having a problem, she kept skirting the issue everytime Ryan asked her. I don't believe they will pin this one on Ryan. But, then again this is Miami, anything goes. Poor Ryan, he is basicly a gentle soul (concerned about his coworkers and the victims), who manages to get himself into some messes.

I'm borrowing trouble now. :lol:

2. Flackhoney

Flackhoney Hit and Run

He is. That is my favourite part about him. He's caring and he doesn't accuse people or come right out with their problem. He notices it and waits for them to tell him. But when they don't tell him he 'takes action'.

3. slower

slower Lab Technician

Exactly!! Best example: Tara, he gave her the opportunity to come clean. But when she didn't and it started affecting her job, Ryan had no choice but to confide in H about her behaviour and his suspicions. I hope it isn't to that extreme with Natalia.

4. Flackhoney

Flackhoney Hit and Run

No offense to Tara but Natalia seems smarter than she was and I think that if it got really bad Natalia would not keep it to herself. I don't know if it would be Ryan she confided in but she just doesn't seem like the type of person who would risk losing her job or her hearing just to look like a 'strong' person. I hope the story is nothing too terrible. Natalia and Ryan are my favourite in the show. Oh and something else. I hope Natalia isn't going to be in serious denial about it. That would be a bit annoying.

5. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Maybe Natalia thought her problem would go away, maybe she didn't even know it was serious until this certain case. Also I think Ryan is that way because of his own experiences and wants to treat his friends the same way they treated him (with care obviously, like Calleigh). I bet Stetler is in this episode... is he?

6. slower

slower Lab Technician

The way I see it, is Natalia and H were his biggest supporters. Calleigh spent a lot of time yelling at him (although she sometimes showed concern), and Eric well you know he was Eric (running hot and cold with Ryan). Ryan is just naturally caring and I don't think it has anything to do with the others. It is evident in some episodes prior to his being fired for gambling.

I must of missed somrthing though, prior to the explosion. Was she showing signs of a hearing loss? What episode was that?

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Natalia didn't appear to be showing signs of hearing loss,but an exam could reveal evidence that there was a problem she wasn't aware.The problem could have been so subtle that it wasn't noticed yet.

8. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I don't think you are slower, because you are right. I think both C.H.E.A.R and great_snowflake have a point; it may not have been bad enough for Natalia to think she had a serious problem and whatever was going on would go away. Ryan always seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, but IMHO, he is always the right man for the job. He is kind, caring and sensitive and been through enough himself to to be empathetic and sympathetic toward anyone else with a problem:) And that is why I like him as well:thumbsup:

He learned the hard way (H tried to help him, Ryan lied and was fired), and he wanted Tara to avoid his mistakes.

I agree; I think Natalia (especially if it is her hearing loss that puts both her and Ryan in danger) will be scared enough to do something about it. Maybe since it was Ryan who showed her the concern WILL be the one she confies it in.

9. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I agree totally with you here. Natalia and Horatio have consistently been there and supportive of Ryan. While there have been times that Calleigh has been supportive, especially when Ryan first became a member of the team, it hasn't been that way for a long while. And Eric, I've never liked the way he treats Ryan.

What I do love is that Ryan never seems to hold on to it when he's been treated badly. He is always supportive and caring for each member of the team regardless of how they've treated him.

Ryan is very caring. He has been since the day he started and that has never changed. It's only become more and more evident. Unfortunately he's been made the whipping boy with every storyline associated with him one where he does something wrong. At least in the past. I'm really hoping that is changing.

If there has been indication in the past that Natalia has hearing issues, I missed it.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I don't think that's the case. Like CHEAR said, I too think she's just playing the waiting game to see if it passes.

I also tend to doubt she'll confide in anyone. I think whatever happens in this "jeopardizing event", it will speak for her, & Ryan will immediatly know. If it threatens the case, which is possible, then I imagine H will have to question what happened & then she'll just come clean.....I can't see her lying to Horatio.

11. RoscoeTrek

RoscoeTrek Rookie

I agree! Natalia won't lie to H (even though I think H being H knows about it already!). Natalia isn't gonna be stubborn as Ryan was when his eye was injured, and yes Ryan will have know immediately & if neccessary perhaps would "rat" her out to H like he did with Tara (I know this is Natalia we're talkin about but this is my speculation... Miami style ;))

Even though this has been a great comeback for Natalia (on the writers part), my fear is this new altrication with Natalia could sorta push her back into the backseat if at all she can't do her job properly & then we've got to go all over this "Natalia isn't getting enough screentime" tantrum. I really hope the writers don't pull such a blunderous move!

Anyways, Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

12. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

It started getting annoying for me to see the way Eric treated Ryan. I am not saying that Ryan was completely innocent, but it wasn't Ryan's fault that he replaced Speedle. One thing that always got me was Eric's intolerance of Ryan's, for lack of better expression, "growing pains". Eric growth in the job at times seemed to mirror Ryan's; you would think Eric would have had more sympathy, and been a little more helpful:(

It is one of Ryan's more endearing traits and why he is more favorite character. We should all be more like that:)

Me too. The Ryan-in-trouble story arcs have been done to death. Time for more heroic arcs.

I don't remember anytime her hearing was an issue.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  13. lox3csimiami22

lox3csimiami22 Hit and Run

I just wanted to quote you on that. I also believe so. There are so many thriving fanfiction writers who actually write their fanfictions better than the writers for CSI: Miami. Going back on your earlier comment about how you'd like to see Eric on one knee proposing to Calleigh...that would not be a bad thing to see. They could still keep with all of the drama of the series and everything.

14. lox3csimiami22

lox3csimiami22 Hit and Run

I really hope they don't Natalia lose her hearing. It's too much.

15. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Very happy to see Eric Delko on the list of series regulars again :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.