Poll and Opinions On Ray Langston

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Kasey47, Nov 2, 2009.

?

How Do You Feel About Ray Langston's Character?

Poll closed Nov 12, 2009.
  1. Liked Him From The Beginning

14 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Wasn't Sure At First But He's Growing On Me

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Not Feeling Him At All

14 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Really Have No Opinion Either Way

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

He was fantastic on the 1st part of the trilogy. I am in total awe of him nothing I don't like about him. He's brilliant and can't wait to see tonights NY one. He was also on "The View" yesterday and was so cute in a black T-shirt and blue jeans with flowers and butterlfies and he goes "a hummingbird" Sherri goes "it takes a real man to have flowers on his jeans":lol: he talked about the trilogy and he's so self confident and sure of himself but not conceited. Whoopi called him "delicious" I'm thrilled he's on CSI, good choice~

2. Desertwind

If any of you fans get to see this movie, I totally suggest you do, from 2006 "AKEELAH AND THE BEE" Laurence Fishburne plays the spelling bee little girl Akeelah's mentor and coaches her to go to the national spelling bee final in D.C. He's amazing as usual [and he produced it as well] and he's got a moustache and a beard, very attractive~ a trailer of it is included on the site! We are so lucky the writers choose and the fans who adore him & to have him on CSI, he's magnetic~and has added so much to the show~

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0437800/

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  3. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I gave him a try, thought I might like him. But IMHO he is hurting CSI more than he is helping. I think TPTB made a mistake and now cannot or will not admit to it, they may feel its too late to turn back. If Marg and George were allowed to be the leads the show would be better off. They also should have kept Riley, hired some unknown and not brought back Sara.

I don't like that Ray is the center of attention, or that rules are broken just for drama sake. Catherine is supposed to be in charge but everything is taken to Ray.

4. Desertwind

Dr. Langston is the lead of this show, and it's been known for ages by everyone, not just the fans but the writers choose him for this role, and he's doing one hell of a job. he's calm cool, & collected, smooth and brilliant in his expertise, but with a intense fiery interior that has yet to be investigatied. The team loves him and has welcomed him with open arms. Everything he does is a work of art and he's master of perfection. a A+ keep on keeping on~

5. Nightrider

Nightrider Witness

Bless you, Desert. At least I'm not alone in being in his corner. Unfortunately, he is fighting one hell of an uphill battle. Jesus himself could have stepped into the role and fans would have been up in arms. I think the storyline of having him come in as a new CSI actually hurt him more than helped him. It sounded good on paper, and fans were ready to accept that, but when he slid into the male lead on the show, people hit the roof. He's damned if he does, danmed if he doesn't.

6. Desertwind

Bless you Nightrider He's awesome, and maybe your right, about his status but the comparsion to Jesus sounds exactly correct. The thing is everyone I know who watches this show, likes him and is happy with his performance. The trilogy he rocked :bolian:his camraderie with Horatio and Mac was magnificent. He did a great job and these 3 eps were some of the best, [in my opinion] ever. Go Laurence:cool:

MR. CASUAL

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  7. Desertwind

I found this article from the TV Guide a ways back pertaining to the "trilogy" and some comments for the other two stars who worked with LF on this great 3/way show. First from Carol Mendelsohn and this trilogy she said "We talked about it for a long time", and also Naren Shankar said "In the end it would take the right story and the opportunity to showcase Fishburne in his first Grissom-less season to make it happen" "I thought it would be really cool", Fishbunre says. As for working with Sinise and Caruso, he adds, "We've known each other forever, we always talked about working together, and it was terrific finally doing it" Naren said stringing the 3 shows together was not without difficulties. "Logistically, it's increcibly hard to pull together" says Shankar. "we started [shooting episodes] essentially at the same time. How does one actor film three episodes simultaneously, since they overlap? Laurence was flying all over the place. It was tough" For the 3 leads, however, the opportunity to collaborate is engergizing. "I loved having Laurence here, says Sinise, on location in New York City. "It's easy to just fall in and ..boom..it's like you've worked together many times" Later, on Miami's Los Angeles set, Caruso and Fishburne intensely interrogate a suspect as if they've been partners for years..even profanely ad-libbing during their attempt to pry out a confession. "I love crossovers", says a pleased Caruso afterward, when it happens it's almost surreal Laurence is a major force, and it brings up everybody's game

Ileane Rudolph.. TV Guide writer~

8. Nightrider

Nightrider Witness

Heh. Guess the guys thought they were back on the set of "King of New York"! :lol:

9. Desertwind

So NightRider what is "King Of New York", I don't recall that:confused:
    Last night on SPIKE, the showed "No Way Out", where Dr. Langston and Riley where trapped down in that basement with the pyscho teenager was holding them captive, and the brother was wounded badly. Dr. Ray was so cool and so calm with this crisis and held his temper, even when he pulled the piece of glass out of the wound and it spurted blood, and the kid lost it, but never Dr. Ray. He's so controlled, but in a way that I think everyone would like to be in that kind of situation. He had the whole thing going in his favor. He's awesome. Riley was a bit on the freaked out side, but never Ray. I like him so much and am so glad he's on CSI:thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  10. Desertwind

Dr. Langston didn't make an apperance on last nights ep. till almost 9:30, I was going where is he? but for those who have stated "their shoving him down our throats" I'm sure it was no big deal. He and Sara worked beautifully together, and were so in tune with each other. He is great in this role, and WP just stated on an French interview "he's doing a good job":bolian:

11. Desertwind

We were surprised and excited to see two LF movies on the BET channel late yesterday. I'd never seen either of these. The first one was from 1997, called "Hoodlum" the true story in the 30's of gangster "Bumpy" Johnson. He had the quiet calm of Langston but was a vicious guy. Andy Garcia played Lucky Luciano, also a good role for him. Loved seeing the period cars and outfits. Really enjoyable. Also Vanessa Williams was his squeeze, and it showed them in bed together. Haven't seen him in that role:wtf: on CSI. THe 2nd movie was from 1991, called "Boyz 'N' The Hood" a gang type movie in L.A. His son was Cuba Gooding Jr. and his ex. was Angela Bassett. So they've played in at least 3 flicks together. Boy was he young, slim, sexy and handsome in this one. With a full on beard. He's a great actor and I think we should be honored [well I am] that he choose to be on CSI~ here's a full list of his roles~

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000401/

12. Nightrider

Nightrider Witness

It's a 1990 movie that both he and Caruso starred in. Very gritty and very good.

13. Desertwind

Thank's Nightrider I did find that after bringing up the IMDB, what goes around, comes around EH? they're both seasoned actors, must be fun to be with someone you worked with long ago, catching up;)

BILLY AND LARRY

14. Desertwind

We got the DVD with LF called "HOODLUM" from 1997. A true story of a 30's gangster "Bumpy" Johnson played so fantastic by LF. Also a great cast. Tim Roth as "Dutch" Schultz, what an a..hole. And Andy Garcia as "Lucky" Luciano, it was about the 'numbers' racket in Harlem in those old days. Also playing in this were Venessa Williams as his main squeeze. [showed them in bed together] Queen Latifah in her early career, and the impressive lengendary Cicley Tyson as the head boss over the Harlem area. Laurence was very rugged and sexy in this, and wore a pencil thin moustache, that was the 'thing' in those days. The old period cars and clothing was so interesting. Good performance, but with some violent scenes. He was still calm cool and collected, but got angry and yelled and watching him you realize what a compelling actor he is, and how versatile. He's very smooth and a class act~

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bumpy_Johnson

15. Missinwarrick

Missinwarrick Civilian

I was a bit iffy in the beginning but Ray kinda grew on me lol but I do agree that he was put in the spotlight a little too early. But I think they did that to try to replace the irreplaceable character William Peterson created, Grissom will deffenatly be missed. I think it was funny when they put Ray through all the bad luck ( like when he had to cut his tie because it was stuck to the body). I hope Ray stays for a while not only because his mysterious behavior in season ten but because like I said before, he's grown on me.