Hodges and Wendy----Labrats Love!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Brassy, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baby Jane

Baby Jane Victim

Well maybe THE episode in which they will eventually end up together at laaast! :adore:
    I know it's probably not going to happen that soon, lol, but I really hope there will be some obvious romantic stuff between the two of them in this episode.
    By the way, which episode is it suppose to be?

2. SilverKat

SilverKat Hit and Run

But if Wendy will become a CSI, she will spend less time in the lab and with Hodges.:( And will forget about labrats and will hang out witn other CSI...

3. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well that would be logical. But I do hope, writers and producers will "keep" the spirit of CSI and let them be together even if she makes CSI. You know how many funny scenes one could make then.:thumbsup:

4. riddick

riddick Rookie

I've got the same feeling as Silverkat's....If she turned out to be another silly Sanders who's only happy to be in the cool gang of the classroom well, I’d prefer if nothing would happen between them -‘though I think something is already going on…

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  5. SilverKat

SilverKat Hit and Run

Maybe something will happen, while she will try to became a csi, and she will decide to stay a DNA tech.

Have the CSI and labtechs has a big difference in salary?

6. riddick

riddick Rookie

I remember Greg having his salary cut when he made CSI...No, definitely it's not about money...I think it's about seeing the sunshine, facing reality and being cool...

Hodges could be happy for her but it's not granted that he'll be willing to be happy WITH her...I wonder how many times they've spoken about this before the Death and Maiden scene...It didn't seem the first time that they serioulsy faced the matter...

7. SilverKat

SilverKat Hit and Run

Maybe it was while he was a lowest level CSI....

8. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Please enligthen me. Remember I don´t get episodes at the same rate as you and don´t read spoilers in main forum. This is as you know the only LV tread that I can´t leave alone.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  9. riddick

riddick Rookie

So sorry Aj! I didn't remember that you haven't seen the new eps yet! Since we can't post external link here I'll write this:

In this episode there's a dialogue between Wendy and Hodges about the fact that she's not being given any chances to making CSI. She's very frustrated and he suggested he could talk to Ecklie in order to move things a little in her favour. She refuses and underlines how Hodges has always been against her going from labrat to field mouse and he replies "I just want you to be happy".

PS: Next post will be the last one for this thread, if Frosty DJ is reading us, please open a new one by whichever name you like, but don't leave us alone!*cries with a whimpy voice*

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  10. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I too remember Grissom stating to Greg back around the end of season 4 (correct me if I am wrong), that moving from the Lab into the field would mean a cut in pay, but he never really gave any more details on the matter. It could have meant when starting off as a level one...I'm not sure.

As for Wendy, well, I think her wanting to go out is more personal then advancement. Perhaps she wants to get more involved in the cases as opposed to just the DNA aspect of it. I mean, there is a lot of monotony in many careers, and perhaps she's the type of person that wants a little more..."diversity". I am just theorizing here now.

Hodges on the other hand, is the type of person who seems to like controlled order. To have things organized. And is not as comfortable when things are in a state of disarray.

Then again, perhaps if she is to become a level one, it will prevent one or the other from having to switch shifts in order to be together. Then, if something is indeed going on between them, they don't have to be as hush hush about it. OR, it will give them the opportunity to try to get something started between them.

I'm just tossing thoughts out there for discussion. Trying to look at this from all angles.

But I fear what others have said. If she do end up a CSI, will she eventually favor the others over the labrats? Will her career advancement bring her and Hodges closer together or tear them apart?

11. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Thanks Riddick ...
    Yes our Hodges does show his care for Wendy. Let´s hope Wendy regrets her harsh comments and seeks Hodges for some :confused::confused:;)

Good obervation Frosty...I agree.

As allways it comes down to storyline in theese cases. If a romance opens up for some funny, intriging(?) and appealing storyline. We keep the couple. If TPTB feels a need for a female "lead" with other possiblities then.....So we should be able from our LV knowledge to figure out that gives the best pay-off in the long run. I will argue that the nerdy spirit that is LV speaks pro H/W and NOT Wendy and some pretty boy.
    Where is that new tread ???? Hello my GPS can´t compute:thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  12. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Thread LOCKED.

New Hodges/Wendy thread is here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.