Rectification - CSI LV fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by CSIL3Willows, Jul 4, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Wow. Cath went from hot to cold in ten seconds flat. Greg and the others sure have bad timing. :lol: Good chapter. :)

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

aw come on, keep posting!

3. CathWillows10

CathWillows10 Victim

here's the next part!

Gil turned at the sound of Greg’s voice “Yes!” he snapped
    The group all jumped simultaneously and shuffled out the door. Gil turned back to Catherine, there was a long silence in the room, both of them just staring at each other until Catherine spoke.
    “What do you mean you love me? You ran off with Sara, you followed her to Costa Rica to build a tree house in the jungle.”
    Gil sat in the chair next to her bed, looking at her in the eyes. “I did, and I was stupid. I couldn’t see that what I really needed had been in front of me for over twenty years. “
    Catherine searched his face. She was torn between blowing up and throwing him out or kissing him senseless. “Gil…I don’t…I…”
    Gil shook his head “You don’t love me, I knew this was a mistake” he said standing up and walking out of the room before she could say a word.
    Gil walked past Nick, Sarah, Emma and Greg without a word. He walked straight out of the hospital and found himself at a park a half an hour later. It was filled with children running around in the hot Los Angeles sun. He sat on a bench and scrubbed his hand over his face. ‘Stupid. How could I have been so stupid’ he thought He looked up and his eye caught a couple sitting on a blanket. He laughed, it almost looked like Catherine and himself. The redheaded woman was laying down, her head in the older man’s lap. He softly stroked her hair while she talked. Tears came to his eyes and he had to look away. He would never know what that would be like for him and Catherine. He was just about to stand when Lindsey Willows walked up.
    “We need to talk” She said quite sternly
    “Linds, really now is not the time-“
    “What did you say to my mother?”
    Gil looked at her “Why?”
    “Why? Because she is laying in her hospital bed sobbing her heart out like she did when Dad died! What the hell did you tell her?”
    Gil sighed, looking away from the young woman he thought of as a daughter “I told her I loved her.”
    Lindsey looked at him, confusion written all over her face. “Then why are you here and she is there crying her eyes out?”
    “Because she doesn’t love me” Gil blurted out.
    Gil got confused and looked at Lindsey when he heard her begin to laugh
    “What’s so funny?”
    “You! You are! I can’t believe what you just said…it has to be a joke!”
    “No joke Lindsey, your Mother doesn’t love me”
    “Then why does she keep a photo of you and her on her bed table? Why does she always say ‘I wish Gil was here to see this’ when something awesome happens? Why did she once tell me that her heart belonged to you when we were playing truth or dare late one night? And why the hell is she crying like she lost the best thing that ever happened to her?”
    Gil looked at her “She really said that?”
    Lindsey nodded “She loves you, and so do I”
    Gil cracked a smile and pulled his surrogate daughter to him, hugging her tightly “Thanks baby girl”
    Lindsey smiled, hugging him back “Anytime…daddy” she chuckled
    He chuckled and pulled back. “Come on, I have some proposing to do but first I have to go get a ring”

4. MacsGirlMel

Quit stopping and keep writing lol

5. GregNickRyanFan

Aww... loved how Linds started laughing when he said Cath didn't love him. Liked him calling her baby girl and her calling him daddy. Too cute. :)

6. CSIL3Willows

CSIL3Willows Prime Suspect

Hey guys. I know I've been slack, but here's a bit more
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Greg, Nick, Emma and Sarah sat outside Catherine’s room, listening to the sporadic muffled sobs from the overwrought woman inside, having witnessed Gil’s abrupt departure that preceded a fleeting visit from Lindsey.

“What the hell did he say to her?” Nick sighed as Greg and Emma shrugged.
    “He told her he loved her, but he doesn’t think she loves him, which is the biggest load of bollocks I’ve ever heard!” Sarah’s three companions stared at her.

“How the hell?” Greg exclaimed.
    “I have exceptional hearing,” Sarah replied with a shrug. Emma giggled and Nick smiled, placing a soft kiss to the top of her head. Greg shook his head before noticing movement at the end of the hall.
    “The wanderer returns.” He gestured to Gil, who was walking back along the corridor, a smiling Lindsey by his side.

“Griss man. You really need to get back in there. She’s been crying ever since you left,” Nick stood and approached his former boss, allowing Lindsey to slip into his seat.
    “I know. But I’m hopefully going to fix that,” he replied with a smile. He moved past Nick, entering Catherine’s room and letting the door shut behind him.

Emma and Sarah turned to each other, huge smiles on their faces.
    “He’s totally gonna propose!” They exclaimed in unison, causing Nick and Greg to stare at them, mouths hanging open. Lindsey grinned.

“Sarah! Get that uber ear of yours glued to that door! We wanna hear everything!” Emma reached past Lindsey and shoved her best friend out of her seat and towards the door.
    “Ouch Tink! No need to get rough!”
    “Quit complaining, you know you like it rough,” Emma replied with a wink, causing everyone to laugh.
    “Shut up! He’s speaking…”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Enjoy!
    CSIL3Willows
    -x-

7. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: That last bit was funny. I think I would have said what the girls said too that he was gonna propose. :lol:

8. MacsGirlMel

ack don't stop there!

9. CSIL3Willows

CSIL3Willows Prime Suspect

Essay done. Here's a little Thanksgiving present for ya!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gil shut the door behind him as he entered the room, his eyes falling on Catherine’s form. She was on her side facing away from the door. His heart broke as her shoulders shook with the force of her sobs. He crossed swiftly to the bed, perching on the edge behind her.

“Catherine.” He spoke softly, placing a gentle hand on her arm. Her crying faltered and she tensed at his touch before turning to face him. Her eyes were red rimmed and watery, her cheeks glistening with the tracks of her tears. Gil’s heart lurched at the knowledge that he was the one who had caused her sorrow.

He moved his hand from her arm up to her face to wipe away a few stray tears but she batted it away before he could make contact with her skin.

“Cath I…”
    “Don’t!” Her eyes narrowed as she glared at him, moving away slightly.
    “Cath please listen to me…”
    “Why the hell should I?” she interrupted again. “You didn’t listen to me earlier. You didn’t let me speak, you just walked away from me… *again*”

He winced inwardly at the icy tone that laced her words.

“You know, I don’t even know how I fell in love with such an arrogant, self centred bastard like you!”
    “Dammit Catherine!” Gil’s voice rose. “Why do you have to turn what could be a beautiful moment into an argument?”

She shifted so she was sat up against the pillows, pinning him with a cold stare before replying, her volume matching his.

“Well I’m sorry for being angry and hurt at you walk… Wait,” her voice dropped and her eyes widened, his words finally registering. “What do you mean, ‘what could be a beautiful moment’?”
    He smiled at her confused expression, reaching down to grasp her hand gently in his.

“I didn’t come back to argue with you. After I left, Lindsey and I had a very… enlightening conversation.” Catherine’s eyebrow rose but she stayed silent. “I’ve never been very good with words Cath. At least when they pertain to my emotions… I love you Catherine, I have ever since I first met you. I need you to know that after all these years, after everything I’ve done, you’re the only person I could ever imagine spending the rest of my life with.”

Her mouth dropped open in shock and her eyes widened once more as Gil released her hand and reached into his pocket, pulling out a small black velvet box. He opened it slowly to reveal the diamond engagement ring nestled inside.

“Will you marry me?”

Catherine stared, too stunned to speak. After a few moments Gil’s smile began to falter, but before he could speak a voice broke through the silence.

“For God’s sake Cath say something!” Nick shouted through the door. “We’re dying out here!”

This seemed to jolt Catherine from her trance. A wide smile spread across her face.

“Yes! Yes, I’ll marry you!” Gil slipped the ring onto her finger and pulled her into his arms, pressing a tender kiss to her lips as squeals, giggles and one ‘Hell Yeah!’ from Greg filtered through from the corridor.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Enjoy!
    CSIL3Willows
    -x-

10. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: at Nick and Greg's comments.

Yay! She said YES! Woo-hoo!

11. MacsGirlMel

cool, another update :)

12. EEK!!!

EEK!!! Hit and Run

i take it this is the end. I loved it! :)