Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Well, I haven't seen the first movie. But I saw Night At The Museum 2. I thought it was entertaining and cute. I don't mean "entertaining" = "hilarious/funny" whatsoever. But I still thought it was good and worth watching.

The last movie I watched was Glory Road though. For me, it's not a basketball movie. It's more like a movie about life itself, and rasism. It fascinates and captivates and managed to make me feel uneasy. I loved the movie though. It's one of the best movies ever.

2. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

I've seen Legally Blonde 2: Red, White and Blonde with some friends a few days ago. I'm actually not a big fan of Reese Witherspoon but she is pretty funny as Elle Woods. :)

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

^ I loved the Legally Blonde movies, but I saw part of the (musical) play on MTV. :shudder: The songs do not flow well at all and the chick playing Elle is all wrong to me. She looks too old or something. I dunno.

4. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

I really hate the Legally Blonde movies. I find them silly and pathetic. Maybe because I didn't like the jokes, even if Reese did a good job.

5. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

We're Not Married!= this movie has a lot of old movie stars in them but the two well known names in the movie are Ginger Rogers and Marylin Monroe. the two legendary actresses don't have scenes together. it's about these couples who were married by this guy who didn't have the legality to marry them at the time so the couples were never married for 2 years and all sorts of problems (some aren't even problems) arise. good comedy different story.

i'm upset with the fact that Marylin Monroe was in the movie for no more than 10 minutes and she's on the cover of the movie and on the main screen of the dvd. i mean i know she's a movie icon but seriously. this was before she was on the drugs, she looked great.

6. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Defiance: awesome movie with Daniel Craig and Liev Schreiber about Jewish brothers from Nazi-occupied Eastern Europe who accidentally end up leading and organizing an ever-growing group of Jewish escapees. Hiding out in the Bellarussian forests, they end up forming a sort of village and teaming with Russian resistance fighters. Beautifully poignant, tragic, and triumphant all at the same time, and perfectly acted!!

7. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

Seven - I've seen it a million times (OK, maybe not a million) but I still love this movie. It's one of those films I'll always watch when it's on TV. Kevin Spacey is genious as John Doe, the man who kills people with a referance to the seven deadly sins. The movie is dark and grimmy and it's raining all the time. Only at the end the sun starts shining. And then Brad Pitt saying "What's in the box"? Classic.

8. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Seven is one of those movies I loved... and then never wanted to see again because it made me so uncomfortable! :lol: Sort of like Requiem for a Dream- fantastic, but disturbing.

On a completely different note, I went to see Pirate Radio last night and it was a nice little film. Fun cast, great tunes and just a fun story. I wouldn't go in looking for something groundbreaking, but if you're in the mood for a goodtime flick, then I'd definitely check this one out.

9. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

2012 - 10/10 points for special effects. Hated the rest. It was way too long and tiring.

apparently odds not to get hit by anything during the time when world ends are very big....whatever

10. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

:lol: Me too. I really loved Seven even if I'm not a fan of Brad Pitt but I can't watch it again. When I think of that scene at the beginning when they find that big fat dead man I feel very very sick...

I've just seen 300. OMG what a boring movie. If I hadn't watch it with friend I'd stopped it after 30 minutes at the latest but so I've watched the whole movie but it was an absolutely waste of time.

11. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Underworld - Rise of the Lycans, the prequel's definitely better than I thought it would be. Definitely better than Evolution.

It may lack in the plot and logic department but I found the characters to be better explored and the love story to be more intense and believable. Could also be because I never really liked Kate Beckinsale ... But Rhona Mitra really surprised me in this.

12. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

OK, I watched a few classics this weekend because we seem to be getting TMC right now (usually don't).

The Mouse That Roared- a classic Peter Sellers movie that I absolutely love. A must see for any Sellers fans. A small Eurpoean country decides to declare war on the US and sends a boatload of chainmail-clad doofuses over to New York during the 60's... Hilarity ensues! :lol:

The Philadelphia Story- can't really go wrong when you have three of my faves at the helm: Carey Grant, Jimmy Stewart, and Katharine Hepburn. A very progressive romantic triangle(or a square?) movie for the day, I'm thinking, and just some amazing acting from all three leads.

And I'm saving the best for last: The Lion in Winter- phenomenal cast including Peter O'Toole, Katharine Hepburn, a young Anthony Hopkins and Timothy Dalton, and a stand out performance by an English actor I'm not that familiar with named John Castle. It's the story of King Henry, Queen Eleanor and their disenfranchised sons, all vying for power. This movie has some absolutely brilliant dialogue and I found myself laughing out loud frequently. A drama with a dark wit, it's just fantastic. 5 out of 5 for sure. :)

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The Stragglers- Ugh! First of all, the way it was filmed looked like a student film. :lol: That was distracting. Then they had very irritating flashes of static screen when characters were trying to remember things. But the plot... I dunno didn't make a lot of sense to me.
    Scientists were expermenting on ladybugs for some reason. The ladybugs started biting humans and controlling them, getting them to lure others there so they can infect them as well. Huh? Ladybugs? Really? Really? Come on!

14. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

I've seen Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves for the nth time ... I just love love love that movie. :D

15. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

I watched this too the other night, i have a obsession with James Stewart that drives my BF crazy.

I recently saw Terminator Salvation, i didn't like it. IDK never really liked any terminator films...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.