Togo Arrested For Suspected Domestic Violence

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Dec 13, 2009.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

Jonathan Togo (CSI: Miami’s Ryan Wolfe) was arrested late last night at his home in the Hollywood Hills. He was charged with felony domestic violence, and his girlfriend was allegedly involved in the incident. Togo was released at 10:30am this morning, December 12, on $50,000 bail.

More...

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Personally, I think there are two sides to every story. And we all remember what happened with the Caruso thing. His ex claimed he was abusive, but everyone who knew the couple said it never happened and then the ex came out and said she had made it up because she was mad at him. So you just never know.

I'm not jumping to conclusions just yet. I wasn't there, so I can't say what did or what did not happen. However, if it is true and he takes responsibility for it and gets help for it then I will stand by him and support him. My ex refused to admit he had a problem so I was unable to stay with him. There's just not much you can do when someone refuses to acknowledge that they have a problem and therefore refuses to seek help.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  4. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

I just don't believe he would do something like that! He's always seemed like such a gentle person and not at all violent. I'm with you DeanCasAngel, we should not jump to conclusions because none of us know what happened; only Jonathan and his girlfriend do. I'm standing by him as well, I just hope if it is a problem he gets some help before it gets worse.

5. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

This is so unexpected and so out of left field. I'd love to hear his side of the story though.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

That is sad, but we don't the the real life person, only the persona he presents on the show. If they arrested him, then HMMMM:(

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

There is always two sides to the story.Not saying that he is or isn't quilty.
    I actually know someone that was arrested and it really should have been the accuser that was arrested.Either way,it's too bad it happened.

8. Miyukiseta

Miyukiseta Rookie

Major déjà vu.

Hmm...I guess they'll have to hear both sides of the story to make a final conclusion about this incident.

Personally, I'm in denial. Jonathan seems like the happy-go-lucky type ( at least during interviews). Then again, things aren't always what they seem.

What can I say?:(:(:(

But, I'm sure all his fans will support him to the end no matter what the outcome is.:)

9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

This must have some effect on the show as to the character. Not knowing the justice system. But will he be able to work?

But sad to hear.

10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I personally would have never expected such a thing from a person like Togo. I have always pictured him like the funny guy considering his interviews and all and, from what I've seen, he and his girlfriend looked like a nice couple. If that's true, all I can say is that I'm truely disappointed with the guy and I would love to see him kicked out of the show ASAP.

Still we don't know whether it's true or not (though I tend to believe it since, for heaven' sake, its from a police rep) and I truely want to know what happened to the girl 'cause there's a tendency to accuse everyone of domestic violence, lately.

Let's wait and see what will happen, though I'd love some serious disciplinary measures in both cases ;)

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

If the "suspected domestic violence" charges are true,I don't think kicking him off the show or terminating his contract will help things at all.
    Admitting a problem and receiving counseling for that problem is what's needed.
    It is really a bad situation.The consequences of whatever happened can have such negatives affects for everyone involved for a long time.The stigma attached, even if the charges are dropped,will stick around for a while.

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

A man who dares to beat a woman is a monster and cunseling is not enough.....but this is my opinion.

Not to mention that this show tends to condemn whoever commited violence towards their girlfriends or wives...like Natalia and lots of other women in this show. So they should be the good example, if they truely believe in what they've been showing for years.

Again, we have to see if this news is true ;)

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

You could be right,and maybe I am thinking about the instances where I know the accusations weren't true.I still think counseling is needed.
    We don't know what went on.I did read that once the police arrived,there was a 50/50 chance of arrest because the police don't go on that type of call to mediate the relationship.I am glad that the GF didn't appear to be physically injured.

14. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

yeah, i agree with most of you that there are always two sides to the story. i'm not a fan of his but it's kind of premature to condemn him yet.

he might seem like a good guy but, to quote/paraphraze Dexter Morgan, you can never completely know somebody. still, Togo reminds a bit of Eric Szmanda and i know i would've been disbelieving if this kind of news was about him.

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I hate to think that this is even true, but outside interviews & the roles they play, we have no idea what they're capable of. Right now I'm trying not to pass any judgement on him. It could've been nothing more than a push/shove & the girlfriend went into Drama Queen mode making it a bigger deal -- I've seen this happen before, especially if/when they're intoxicated.

I don't know the girl anymore than I know Jon Togo, but I do know that some women can get just as physical in heated arguements (screaming, pushing, shoving) leading the man to push back; sometimes in order just to get the girl to back off.

Definitly not condoning this if he indeed did more, but we don't know for sure. I'll wait to hear more from JT or one of his reps.