8x10 - Count Me Out **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Dec 5, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Reminds me of one of the cops toward the end of "Public Enemies" (the movie). One of those cops was doing the same thing, running forward with the gun pointed straight out. :lol:

2. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

I've just seen the episode and I think it was all in all a good one.

The most facts I wanted to mention are already said by the posters above me so I wanna make it short:
    I like the scenes with Natalia and Ryan working together and their friendship.
    Well, I wasn't surprised that Ryan was involved in this explosion. Probably Jon Togo likes to play these parts... ;)

Calleigh was great in the last scene with that stupid lady there. I forgot her name but she got on my nerves from the first second of her appearance. :rolleyes:

I like the M.E. Tom. He grows more and more on me with every episode.

I don't know why Walter is allowed to have a gun and I also don't know how I would look running down the street with a gun in my hand (And I don't want to do this!) but to me Walter looks a kind of stupid. Don't get me wrong I actually like Walter but I won't see him in such a scene again. It's safer for him (and probably for others too) if he would stay in the lab.

3. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

Yikes!
    Yes! Totally!
    Why is Frank being jipped so much?
    They need to stop giving his big scenes to Jesse.

4. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I did notice two other things. Yes, I'm nitpicky.

That blast in the house should have been much worse than it was, and Ryan, who's usually very meticulous about even a potential crime scene, was picking up stuff with his bare hands.

Why didn't Jesse tell Walter to move when he shot out that cord? Also, since that was a meth lab, didn't Walter tell him not to make any sparks and to turn off cell phones? I know that gunshot had to make a spark.

5. GregNickRyanFan

I noticed that too. Natalia was also doing it. :lol: But I guess they thought at first it was abandonded, but still... weird.

Well, Jesse yelled "pipe bomb", so I guess that was his way of telling Walter to move. :lol: But yeah, the gunshot would have made a spark, but it didn't. :lol: Also weird.

6. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I enjoyed the episode, and was glad to see Natalia get a storyline. I hope it will be followed up on in the next episode. I also liked Natalia and Ryan's scenes in this ep. There was good chemistry between them and the dialog flowed well.

I was also happy to see more of Horatio in this ep. But I'm really noticing how raspy and wheezy his voice has gotten. I really hope David Caruso is OK health-wise because his voice wasn't like this in the earlier eps.

I kinda like the new M.E. He is a crazy kind of quirky, and he's kind of fun. :lol:

7. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I agree also that a comment should have been thrown in somewhere inquiring into how Natalia and Ryan were doing. I was a little surprised that Jesse and Calleigh weren't around right after the explosion (when H, Ryan and Natalia were first coming out of the building) and didn't rush up to see if they could lend a hand. Surely they were around somewhere and heard the explosion (found that a bit unrealistic):confused:. This show has been a little lacking over the years in their concern for their fellow coworkers. I am not saying it never happens, but not much of it.

I first thought "that's pretty cool that Ryan is calling Walter--warning a pal" but IMHO I really don't think there is any significance there. It is just the way things worked out:)

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I had just assumed that Calleigh & Jesse went back to the lab after they had it out with Mrs. Olson & that they weren't around when the explosion occured.
    If my memory is right, then Jesse would've already been with Walter scoping out the building that had bomb #2 in it -- wasn't it the scene right after the explosion that H & Ryan saw it was booby-trapped & tried to call Walter & Jesse?
    But then....how did Jesse know about Natalia being in the explosion (when he mentioned it to Walter after shooting the clock)?
    Now I've confused myself. :confused:

9. GregNickRyanFan

H probably called him and told him about the explosion and that Nat was hurt. Or maybe H called Cal and told her and she told Jesse.

10. flgal

flgal Hit and Run

To me it was just an ok episode.. my favorite part..Calleigh actually wearing something other than BLACK clothes!! Nice to see her in something colorful again!

11. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Oh sorry I exaggerated a little, because I was kinda mad because they didn't even put in a scene with one of them talking to Natalia. The show's just so out of place sometimes;there's no follow up, except for Ryan, but I felt that there should've been more.

12. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I enjoyed the episode. Finally something for Natalia to do! And Eva did it really well.

They did show the explosion far too many times, I was sick of seeing it.
    It was great to see Ryan's concern for Nat, but I agree that it would have been nice seeing some kind of concern from Jesse and Cal also. Maybe in passing, even.

At the beginning, when Jesse and Walter ran after the cars, what happened to the cops who were in the chase? They seemed to vanish completely!

And Natalia- you go girl! I wouldn't have worked with Jesse either if he had done that to me.

The case was abit dull, but the personal stuff lifted it.
    Ohh, and working for local government I also get the whole 'I pay your wages' rant. So Im glad that woman got her comeuppance!

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

When Jesse yelled "I got the driver", the other cop went (on foot) after the suspect who fled the scene. I don't think there was another cop, though I could've sworn they showed several squad cars following in the chase.

*snip old comment* MJ is dillusional.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  14. slower

slower Lab Technician

The whole guns in the gym bags (while off duty), and running down the street with guns drawn; was so unrealistic and another way to showcase our superheros in action.

Another thing that really bothered me was in the warehouse, the cell phones ringing, Walter telling everyone it would set of a spark if they answered them, and then Jesse shooting the timer (like that isn't going to spark).

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I haven't commented the episode yet, sorry but I went to a wedding and I'm still recovering from it :lol:

I for once didn't enjoy the episode as I was expecting to thanks to our friends' misleading promo. Surely I wasn't expecting Jesse to shoot Walter, but, at least, they could have had the decency to turn him out into a little bit of bad position, but noooo everyone in the team is good :rolleyes:.

The explosion....as much as I found it ridiculuous that neither Ryan nor Natalia didn't understand they were in the middle of a meth lab till the "boom"[everyone could understand it even right at the entrance of the house], the explosion would have been a pretty cool moment, if they hadn't ruined it by reapiting ove & over throughout the episode. At the last one I found myself "for god's sake, I already know the house exploded and Ryan and Natalia were there! I watched it". Not only the repetition of the explosion, but also the moments when they repeated it.....they were distracting not to mention that they were completely off except for the one when Natalia was listening to the iPod.

Nataliao's storyline. I knew it was gonna be a disaster [right when I knew she was gonna have hear loss troubles], but I just didn't realize it was going to be THIS disaster!!! It doesnt' take too much of a brain to understad that a person who has that much of difficulty to listen to an iPod [even my grandmother wouldn't listent to it with that volume] CAN'T hear the button of the elevetor or the sliding doors. Rather than hear loss I would have defined it a concussion [bad one]. But, then again, TPTB think we're stupid & don't know anything about hear loss 'cause it was quite hilarious to see Natalia's face, as if she couldn't hear anything, right when she was able to hear the noise she made while pressing the button of the elevator or the noise of the doors :lol:.
    Sorry, but I couldn't think it was gonna be a great storyline for the girl 'cause I already knew they were gonna play it in such a poor [knowing our beloved TPTB]. Not to mention that not every CSI:show has to have a deaf person ;)

Ryan......he was dirty right after the explosion, oh no he wasn't, oh yeah he was dirty. I was really distracted in that moment 'cause sometimes you could see his face clean & all while a second later you can see his face dirty as if he had been in the middle of...yeah an explosion :lol:.
    I also have to admit that, while I enjoyed his concern for Ryan, I had to scream when he kept asking Natalia if she was ok. Yeah I know he cares about the other people and he's a very generous person, but where in the hell was this concern a year ago? I'm not talking from a shipping POV, but it should make people think about the disgusting storyline from the last year. This kind of concern was very genuine and natural and I did enjoy it, but, at the same time it made me scream "TPTB go to hell!!!". Couldn't they think of this aspect even before?

The other characters. I can't say that I love Jesse 'cause he knows how to be a jerk, but I still think he is exactly that kind of character the show needed and he's the right replacement for Eric Delko. Same thing for Walter who still makes me chuckle and is too cute :lol:

Calleigh....oh Calleigh, Calleigh...what should I do with you? I know that most of you enjoyed her, but I can't say the same thing...sorry. I didn't like her and I found her too passive even with that woman. While it was quite enjoyable to see her screaming to that woman, I still didn't find her "kicking that woman's butt" especially when the lady told her something about her salary. "then I deserve a raise"....sorry, but this isn't Calleigh Duquesne :shifty:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009