NASCAR

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by nicksbabygurl, Jun 22, 2005.

1. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

ill give it another chance, the best thing about it is the crashes haha, i luv them, its like BANG haha.

and its hard to get over here, its only on fox and coz of the time difference and stuff its hard to know when its on haha.

2. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

I wasn't even sure if the NASCAR races were broadcast in Australia or not, although it makes sense, we get F1 and and tons of other forms of racing here in the States, so why wouldn't they. :) *smacks self in head for being dense* :lol:

I hope he qualifies for the race. ;)

3. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

It's definately great that Petty Enterprises has been able to improve so much since last season. It would be great to see Kyle (or anyone from the R. Petty team) win a race after all he and the Petty family has been through. I'll be rooting for these guys all season. :)

4. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

A belated congrats to Kasey for winning Monday! Also it was great seeing Jon Heder do his Napoleon Dynamite line for Darrel Waltrip on Sunday. Sweet!

5. Hungry4TheWolfe

Hungry4TheWolfe Police Officer

Since the divorce (starting from the 2002 season cause I believe if I remember right thats around the time Brooke filed for divorce)...

Wins: 15 including a Daytona 500, Brickyard 400, Southern 500, oh and not to mention being a big part of the HMS wins on restrictor plate races
    Top 5's: 54
    Top 10's: 81
    Poles: 16
    Winnings: $24,203,722

Not too shabby if you ask me... thats more than most drivers can dream about and I'm sure some would love to be in those shoes. So I have to disagree with you on going downhill.

6. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Congrats to Kurt on the win. Lots of controversy today, whew! And Poor Jimmie :(.

Anyone else hear about the Indy driver dying?

7. ThumpyG42

:( Yes...how awful!

Congrats to Kurt. :lol: That's the first time I've ever seen anyone make snow angels after they won a race. I thought that was great!

I'll agree with the poor Jimmie, and add a 'poor Brian' in there as well. :(

But, I'm happy that Kasey finished 10th, and that Elliott finished 13th, despite getting spun out earlier in the race.

Oh, and a HUGE congrats to Bobby Labonte and Petty Enterprises! :D With Kyle finishing 8th on Monday, and Bobby's top 5 today, it looks like the Return of Petty Enterprises continues.

8. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

I hear the other guy who was involved in the crash is still in the hospital. My thoughts are with him. :(

Yeah that was cool of Kurt to do that. I was mad at him for loosening up Matt but just had to laugh when he did that. :lol: Oh and a belated congrats to Kyle for winning the Busch race.

Looks a lot like Chad coming back wasn't such great luck. 3rd in points never looked so grim. blah. :(

Can't wait to see what the Petty team pulls off next week. :D

9. CSIgrad

CSIgrad Lab Technician

congrats to kurt, seems like the Busch brothers were doing do this past weekend

and my deepest sympathy to the family of the indy series driver who was killed in the crash

10. Exit 8A

Exit 8A Pathologist

That was one of the most horrific crashes I have ever seen in any series. Really sad and tragic. I don't want to sound to cliche when I say this, but auto racers, whenever they step into a race car, know the risks involved, that everytime they step into that race car, there is a chance of something horrible happening, like what happened yesterday in Homestead. However, they step into the racecars because that is what they love to do, that is what they want to do. My condolences go out to the family and friends of Paul Dana, and to Rahal Letterman Racing.

11. ThumpyG42

I saw the crash on ESPN News last night. It was horrific! :( That's one of the worst crashes I can ever recall seeing, I really wish I hadn't, I'm having a hard time shaking the image. It reminded me a lot of the crash that cost Alex Zanardi his legs.

I don't think you sound cliche at all CaptianMiracle51. I think that's one reason why I get so mad when someone says 'auto racing isn't a sport'. These men and women put their lives on the line each time they climb into their cars, whether it's stock cars, Indy cars, F1, whatever. It takes a special breed or person to do what they do, and the fact that they do it because they love it earns them all my respect, even the drivers I'm not that fond of have my respect. Ok, I think I'm bordering on the cliche now, but it's true.

12. Hungry4TheWolfe

Hungry4TheWolfe Police Officer

Hey dont give up on them lol, it was just a bad day. They couldn't of helped having a flat tire on the first lap, probably ran over something during the pace laps. See they came back and got the pole in Martinsville this weekend! :D I'm not worried about the points now, they dont have to lead every weekend. Just like Chad said, as long as they are in the top 10 during the cutoff that will be fine. :)

13. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

:lol: Oh, I'm definately not giving up on them. They did have a bad weekend and naturally we #48 fans felt bummed.

Anyway, I'm THRILLED he got the pole (at a speed of 96.736). The rest of the top ten qualifiers:

2. 26 Jamie McMurray
    3. 20 Tony Stewart
    4. 12 Ryan Newman
    5. 9 Kasey Kahne
    6. 14 Sterling Marlin
    7. 38 Elliott Sadler
    8. 24 Jeff Gordon
    9. 2 Kurt Busch
    10. 16 Greg Biffle

Also, I think it meaningful to mention that B. Labonte is starting 13th :D.

14. Baba_O_Riley

Baba_O_Riley Lab Technician

I guess I'll come out of hiding, and post my WOO-HOOs to Tony in this thread, It's good to see the dominating car win a race. And Tony really had the dominating car.

And I'm glad that he still is climbing fences.

Woo-hoo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. ThumpyG42

I didn't get to see the fence climb this time, my Fox station broke out of coverage of the race for a severe weather bulletin. :(

But...congrats to Tony for his win. :) And congrats to Elliott Sadler for finishing 6th (oooooh, it looked like he had a shot at the win there for awhile), and to Brian Vickers for finishing 8th and gaining 4 spots (unofficially) in the points! :D