Time Change in US March 11

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Dynamo1, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Re: Time Change in US April 2

Good to know, thansks for the correction.

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I live in Alberta, Canada, and I get to lose an hour of sleep. However, the province beside us, Saskatchewan doesn't have daylight savings and they stay on the same time all year. It's not fair. Stupid farmers and their "Oh we need an extra hour bla bla bla". *falls asleep*

3. GilandSara

GilandSara Lab Technician

I realized the time changed but for some reason my cable box, Comcast, has not changed the times. So Crossing Jordan was on at the right time, but it said 9:00 I believe. Off to bed...school in the morn.

4. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

I lost an hour of sleep, I don't really like that fact very much.

5. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

If you did not have to be anywhere important, you could have slept an hour longer.

6. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

I managed to remember which was a really good thing. :lol: And I had work the next morning so I'd be doomed if I didn't.

7. CSIgrad

CSIgrad Lab Technician

this year time change came at a bad time, i was traveling and i was already losing an hour, now i lost 2 hours in total...as if it wasn't brutal enough to be on an early flight, i lost an extra hour of sleep :(

8. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Time Change This Weekend

Time change in the United States is earlier than in the past. Most of the United States begins Daylight Saving Time at 2:00 a.m. on Sunday, March 11.

For the U.S. and its territories, Daylight Saving Time is NOT observed in Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and Arizona. The Navajo Nation participates in the Daylight Saving Time policy, even in Arizona, due to its large size and location in three states.

9. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I changed the date to title and also to first post, I hope people read all posts before getting cofused :p

10. Missing

Missing Pathologist

11. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I wondered why Day Light Savings time was earlier and now I know why
    to save engery? HHMMM we'll see if that really works
    and yes one LESS hour of sleep :(

12. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Personally I think that starting it a couple weeks early is rediculious. They say the computer problmes this could cause could potentally be worse than what people thought Y2K would be. Just remember you'll have to manually change your computers, cell phones, Tivos, etc.

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I love it.. I can't stand it getting dark so early.. YIPEE, I'm thrilled counting the days!! and setting everything manually, no biggie, for what one is getting in return.. daylight longer ;)

14. Missing

Missing Pathologist

God forbid we have to do something manually. My damn DVR is supposed to change with the time change but for the last 3 years it doesn't and then for two days I sit there and putz with it to get the right time and sometimes it still jumps ahead not one but two,three hours ahead. So manually is fine with me.

15. allmaple

allmaple Judge

its a good idea to do this, a few hours less with lights on everywhere will save a lot of energy and tons of CO2.
    although im not sure what computer problems there will be? we just have to change the clocks ourselves and change it back when they try to do it. there must be a way to override or change it too, since there are areas that dont do time changes.
    a little bit of a nusance? yes, but no biggie in the end :) when you are changing your clocks manually just think of the poor guy at buckingham palace that takes two days to manually change all clocks by winding them forward ;) :lol: