Criminal Minds #3: Beware The Office Of Unfettered Omniscience

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Half

Half CSI Level Two

JJ not being even remotely suspicious about the clearly unstable woman that fit the profile word for word except for the gender part. I wondered if the writers hit her in the head to bring her smart common sense back.

2. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

Oh my gosh that was one of the most amazing cm episodes (although i had to watch most of it without sound), but also one of the saddest, i will miss haley, but i have to say will not miss that horrible new hair, sorry but I hated it.

I loved how the episode was played out,it wasnt just the conventional beggining to end story telling,that would have been boring.

Loved JJ in the chemist with will and baby Henry, but hated her hair and make up in this episode she looked like she was about 18, it really does not suit her.

Loved Kevin and Garcia working together I really like him now.but bacon doughnut EWWW!
    And I knew Reid would find an answer,

liked the part Where all the undercovers came out at foyetts apartment it made me laugh:lol:
    What were they going to do if foyett answered the door? would they all come out like they did or do something else?

Loved Reid's interview, made me laugh.but all them standing around looking worried,was not good made me even more worried.

Why Haley would you believe some random guy with a bad accent on the phone that you know is not his and just do whatever he says, i thought you were smarter than that.

:(Haley on the phone to hotch was so awful, i wanted to cry.

JAck was arorable through the whole episode:)

When Hotch went in and saw Haley dead on the floor I thought i was going to break down and cry. I hate seeing men cry especieally on TV
    So glad he kicked foyetts arse and killed him,

Hotch's emotion in the whole episode was totally amazing, and spot on. He was over the edge at the end but it was believable.

Jack playing with the team was so cute.

Strauss didnt really bother me in this episode because that is pretty much what I expected of her,, loved Emily's attitude, and Rossi's :p

What is going to happen to Hotch and Jack now?

3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Is that what he was eating? I heard "bacon donut", but swore that either I misheard or that he was joking.

Hee. I love Rossi when he's in his "what? are you going to fire the guy that started this damn unit?" attitude. And when he calls Strauss "Erin", because it's totally a "guess what I can do!".

You know, when we do the Family Roles and say that Emily's one of the daughters and Rossi is the step-dad, it really makes me laugh when we get things like that. Because kids grow up to be like their parents, and the more Emily's around Dave the more sarcastic and occasionally-bitchy she gets. But she's also a bit more open, which is good. (I always cite Demonology when I talk about them. You could tell that she wouldn't have gone into that story with anyone but him.)

Well, Hotch is a single parent now... I guess he's going to have to figure out what to do.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh that. Yeah... that was very bizzare. :lol:

Bacon doughnut sounds like a weird pregnancy craving or something. :lol: Is there something that you forgot to mention there, Kev? :lol:

It was very clear in this episode that Hotch was still (despite the divorce) very much in love with Hailey.

5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Well, sure. She divorced him. But she loved him too; she just couldn't put up with his job. Although it just makes the whole episode that much harder.

I did not cry at all until, after the episode was over, I thought back on the episode and remembered Jack saying that his mother was hugging him too hard. And then I realized why. And then I cried for the first time for TV since Angell was killed on NY. I usually keep a longer streak than that. Damn you, CM!

You know, I was talking to Bryn about some danger stuff that's a bit irrelevant, but I was counting how many episodes Rossi was in. Which, unless I'm off, is fifty. Does anyone else find it amusing that once the next episode hits, Rossi will have been in more than half of the episodes of CM? And in more episodes than Gideon was in?

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Not unusual at all I mean Mandy (claimed once it was creative differences), In one Article Mandy said "
    Patinkin, in an interview with TVNZ (New Zealand) has revealed how deeply traumatised he became by the show's dark subject matter.
    ‘‘It's (violent TV) a curiosity, I don't get it,'' he said.
    ‘‘In America, it's hour after hour on each network. There's one show after another like it. People love it, that show remains very successful.
    ‘‘My mind has to be in that place to play those parts, that very dark place. Imagine that, as a TV show you're there 16 hours a day, year after year. And it was destroying me. It was destroying my heart and my soul. It's not the place I want to visit every day.
    ‘‘I'm very disturbed by the fact that at the end of a long day this is what people go home to watch to unwind. They watch horrible, mysogynistic, violent activity. It saddens me. There is so much else to do, so many other ideas to put into our consciousness. I'm very disturbed by it.''

Also including the last ep ("100")
    Thomas Gibson: (100 episodes, 2005-2009)
    Shemar Moore: (100 episodes, 2005-2009)
    Matthew Gray Gubler: (100 episodes, 2005-2009)
    A.J. Cook: (99 episodes, 2005-2009)
    Kirsten Vangsness: (99 episodes, 2005-2009)
    Paget Brewster: (70 episodes, 2006-2009)
    Joe Mantegna: David Rossi (50 episodes, 2007-2009)

Mandy Patinkin: Jason Gideon (47 episodes, 2005-2007)
    Lola Glaudini: Elle Greenaway (30 episodes, 2005-2009)
    Meredith Monroe: Haley Hotchner (13 episodes, 2005-2009)

As to the team defending I think Strauss knew they would, he did it for them. In season 2 episode 23 "Evaluation of Frank"

Hotchner: My team? Let me tell you about my team:
    Agent Morgan fought to protect his identity from the very people who could save him. Why? Because trust has to be earned, and there are very few people he truly trusts.
    Reid's intellect has a shield which protects him from his emotions, and at the moment his shield is under repair.
    Prentiss over-compensates because she doesn't yet feel she's a part of the team; she need not worry.
    Everyday Agent Jareau fields dozens of requests for our team, and every night she goes home hoping she has made the right choices.
    Garcia fills her office with figurines and color, to remind herself to smile as the horror fills her screens...
    And Agent Gideon in many ways is damned by his profound knowledge of others, which is why he shares so little of himself, yet he pours his heart into every case we handle.
    I stand by my actions, and I stand by my team, and if you think that you can find a better person for the job, then good luck.

Anyone notice morgans face when Hotch said "That's all right. I know he's been watching me. That's part of the reason I stepped down... so he'd think I was falling apart."? He looked a little betrayed or upset, and yet confused like "are you serious or just telling them that?" look. he orginially told Morgan that "if he doesn't step down as team leader, the FBI will break up the team and he will be transferred to another unit. The only way to prevent this is to step down."

Now maybe Morgan learned more as they went along and the look was just being mad at Foyet and the situation.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  7. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Wait, Patinkin said that the show was mysogynistic? It's actually rather feministic, for a show that commonly has women getting killed.

I didn't think the episode count was odd. I thought it was kind of interesting because I didn't know it had been that long. My first CM episode was Doubt, and and it's weird to think about just how long ago that was.

Crap, I forgot the episode that Gideon wasn't in. Oh well. That just means that Rossi already beat him. Lol.

Morgan was a little surprised, but he's probably already over it. He should've known that what Hotch told him wasn't the full story.

8. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Can I jump in on this one? I cried when Hotch had to listen to Foyett kill Haley and my husband looked at me like I was nuts. It's been a long time since I cried over something like this and shows how invested I am in this show.

I wanted to comment on Morgan because Hotch's admission that he wanted Foyett to think he was falling apart bugged me as well. Didn't Strauss come to him and demand that he make a change or am I just making that up?

My take on Morgan's expression was frustration that Hotch couldn't or wouldn't trust the team with the information and bring them into the picture instead of faking something. Even though I love the character of Agent Hotchner beyong what is considered politically correct ;) it seemed a bit insincere of Hotch to lead them along in that vein, especially when Morgan was so uncomfortable stepping into that role at first.

9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

That's the thing- We never hear what Strauss said to Hotch when she was in his office. We see it from JJ's point of view, and she's in the bullpen looking in on them. So really, we can't be sure whether what Hotch said to Morgan was even remotely true.

10. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

Rawr. You guys have a bad habit of waiting until I'm gone and then posting four hundred times. What do I even need to address?

At first, I was like, "Really, Strauss? You're THAT much of a bitch that he's under fire after his wife was killed?" But after a while, you could tell that she was prompting them to say what they needed to say to defend Hotch. Except they couldn't tell because they're used to her hating on them.

So, Rossi has finally passed Gideon. I'm thinking that the team prefers Rossi. Except maybe for Elle, they seem to open up to him better. Like I've said before, it was like one father/daughter pair (Gideon and Elle) left, and another came (Rossi and Emily).

Morgan might have been upset that he hadn't been trusted with the information, but my first impression was that he was possibly upset that he had been used. I don't know why. He might just also feel really bad for poor Hotch.

I read in the TV Guide about Mandy Patinkin. I thought that was interesting because the other actors have fun. Plus, he's a professional actor. I'd like to think that he wouldve been able to get over that since he's a professional.

Hotch was way still in love with Haley. I'm pretty sure she loved him too- did you see how heartbroken she was when she thought he was dead? Ugh. I'm still mad that there was no "I love you" at the end of that conversation.

I'm pretty sure that the last time a TV show made me cry was when Angell died. But I could be wrong. Ugh. Every time I think about it, I want to cry more.

Also, someone said earlier that JJ looked about eighteen in '100'. I agree. She does look younger, but not in a bad way. AJ Cook is too darn adorable.

11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Well, you know, Bryn, CM has all the hawt. *g* Also, that's what happens when you go off to banquets instead of staying here all day.

I became a little suspicious of Strauss when she paused Rossi's interview to ask him what he was doing. She wasn't reacting enough to his attitude. When she said "What are you doing" it sounded less "what the hell are you doing; I'm asking questions!" and more "I'm trying to help you, and Hotch, so what are you doing by not answering my questions??".

I agree with what you said about the actors other than Patinkin having fun, Bryn. I mean, Paget's talking about having fun hurting herself on fake glass. The entire team is seen in behind the scenes stuff generally having a great time. And the material has gotten darker since Patinkin left. So methinks some-bo-dy has an issue with not bringing the work home with him...

If they were going to have an "I love you" at the end of that conversation, Foyet cut it off by shooting her. The conversation seemed interrupted a bit.

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I know there was the ep "Blood Hungry" 1x11 in which he couldn't travel seems Mandy wanted time off and so they put him on crutches. I remember the lines..
    Hotchner: Well, you managed to get on Garcia's nerves pretty thoroughly.
    Gideon: Who's Garcia?
    Hotchner: Penelope? The tech? With the glasses.
    Gideon: In the room with the screens? She's great!

Hotchner: How is it having Gideon around?
    Garcia: You can have him back whenever you would like.

There is also "3x2 In Birth and death" which was his finale scene (when Reid finds the note, it only shows him writing the note and at the diner) that was the next ep after "Doubt". In the last ep "Birth and death" Hotch requests a transfere, Emily resignes because of strauss's trying to get her to betray the team, and Garcia holds up the paper work for both. Any of this sound like the ep your talking about? :lol: Sorry got bored again. :D

13. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

I like my pretty thing. I think it may be a new siggy. *g* Besides, the banquet was a stupid waste of time. Ugh.

I agree, Alex. When she paused Rossi's interview was when I started to realize that she might have a different mission than we thought. And the Rossi kicked butt with words because he's probably been in the Bureau longer than Strauss, and he doesn't take crap.

Everyone else has a lot of fun on set and there is some great comedic stuff. Almost makes me wonder if he didn't get along with the other cast members.

It did seem cut off, but I'm still mad at the writers.

14. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Destiny-- I meant episodes, as in the ones after he left. (when I said that he was in half of the 100 and Rossi was in the other half) I didn't know that he was out of comission for one episode, though. The thing with Garcia kind of cracks me up.

Rossi will take your politics, crumple them up into a little ball, throw them out the window, send you out to fetch them, uncrumple them, make them into a paper airplane, and throw them at your head. So there. :D

The cast seemed pretty annoyed that he stopped showing up. If he got along with the cast before, he certainly didn't after that...

15. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

Here, Alex. I'm posting. And was not distracted by my pretty. Just by dancing Geeky!Paget on George Lopez.

I haven't seen that episode with Gideon staying back. I love Garcia. I can imagine that she didn't get along with Gideon so well. He's not quite... Happy enough for her.

Um... Yeah. Sure. Haha. He doesn't take crap, at all. It's quite fantastic. He thinks that politics isn't important, apparently. It makes me laugh. I love Rossi.

Yeah, I'm sure they aren't currently his biggest fans.

Hmmm. Crappy post. Oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.