Criminal Minds #3: Beware The Office Of Unfettered Omniscience

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

I don't have time to say anything except I don't think I'm going to be home!!!!!

My darn brother just HAS to come home for Graciasgiving.

AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Well the deaths I am guessing occur in 100, and in 101 Will is in the pictures Click the fourth from the left with them sitting at the table, you see will to JJ's right, and Tina (as you can see below) will be in 101. Also yep that is the same Anderson.
    Tech Tina, she is played by Gina Garcia Sharp - She was the CSU tech in "Honor Among Thieves", "The Big Game", "Masterpiece", "The Fisher King (1)" "100", "The Slave Of Duty"

I don't see anything for 102 or did you mean 101?

So that leaves
    Haley,
    Jessica (Haley's sister, hey have to throw her in),
    Foyet,
    Anderson,
    US Marshall Kassmeyer (played by D.B. Sweeney) and
    US Marshall (who was uncredited in "Reckoner") played by Amy Koppelman

One last thing, does anyone see Strauss in 101? She is in 100 but.. So do we add her to the list?

In the guest cast 101 the following are listed
    Erin Strauss
    Det. William LaMontagne Jr
    Kevin Lynch
    Haley Hotchner
    Jessica Brooks (Haley's Sister)
    Agent Anderson
    Jack Hotchner
    Evidence Tech Gina

So the only ones not mentioned in 101 is Foyet, and the two US Marshalls.

Oy the narrowing down is giving me a headache lol. again the freakin' plot thickens.

In one article Bernero said this "Bernero is excited about his show hitting the 100-episode mark, but feels the series is just beginning to hit its mark. "I honestly don't see a reason why we couldn't do 300 episodes," he says. "We still have things to explore with these characters. We're still having a great time."

I could agree with the statement above. :D

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  3. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I really think it's going to be Haley. I can't think of anyone who is "important to all of us" and that we don't already know the fate of. As for the other death, probably Foyet.

So excccitted. One hour.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2009
  4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Ahhhh! They're trying to drive us nuts! Someone important to all of us and will change the team dynamic? Um... I wouldn't think Hayley was important to all of us. :lol: But then again they always say this kind of junk and then it turns out to be someone we didn't see in every ep or someone we're not that invested in. On Supernatural last season they said a "fan favorite" would die and it turned out to be that psychic chick Pam who had been in maybe three episodes at the most. :lol: Then recently they said two fan favorites would die and it ended up being Jo and Ellen. They just like to scare us. Remember on CSI when they said "they'll lose one of their own" and it turned out to be Lockwood? They had us all scared that one of the main characters would die. :lol:

So, who could it be... Strauss would be my wish. :lol: I could see how that could change dynamics... though I wouldn't say she was important. I don't think anyone really even likes the woman to be honest. :lol:

But it does sound like its Hayley with Hotch being the character to move forward, thus quitting the team for a while to grieve and to raise his son... thus putting Morgan as official team leader for much longer than initially thought and that being the "new team".

Unless the person who dies is an old team member and they're not actually seen... in which case it would probably be Gideon... because Prentiss and Rossi do not know Ellen from Eve. I don't know if Rossi knows Gideon either... but I can see them saying "Gideon's been found dead". Now that would be a shocker!

5. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Wow, this was one powerful episode! I wasn't a big fan of Haley but her getting killed was just sad. I have to admit when I saw Hotch shooting the figure behind the curtain, I was afraid it would've been his son but fortunately that wasn't the case. I felt so bad for Hotch in this episode. I'm glad that he at least has Jack and his team for support

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Not Fair Writers. You all said TWO deaths, there was THREE! Foyet, Haley and Sam (the US Marshall).

Poor little Jack, good boy you knew what to do, "I worked the case with you dad", Haley knew the exact moment when she said goodbye. I might not have cared for the Haley before the divorce but since this started with Foyet coming after Hotch, and they calmed her character (aka less witchy) I started to like her a little and damned if they don't kill her off. I was hoping that it was just her faking it.

Foyet I have to admit was definitly super creepy, and I am sorry but if anyone didn't get drawn into Hotches pain and shed a tear, I want what you are drinking.

HOLY CRAP, Strauss just cleared Hotch, and not only that she became emotional, the barracuda has feelings now that has to be the SHOCKER of the show.

I have more to add but damn that cuts to the heart and I am speechless right now.

Rating A+ giving it a 10.

Okay if you all want, come tomorrow sometime I will go through and remove the spoiler tags, just leave the info you all put in.

Also note that a repeat of "Conflicted" will air December 2. The ep 5x10 "the slave of duty" (aka 101) will be aired on 12-9.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  7. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I have never cried so hard during a TV episode. Ever. I, like most, wasn't a big fan of Haley, but watching the tears pour down Hotch's face was just heartbreaking.

When Hotch shot into the curtain I literally said out loud "If he just killed his own kid I am getting up and leaving." Thank goodness it wasn't Jack.

Foyet is pure evil. How could anyone do that to someone?

This ep gets an 10/10. It was so emotional and sad. I can't wait to see how this works out.

8. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Wow. That's really all I can say right now. I'm completely and utterly speechless. On a scale of 1-10, I'd have to give that ep 100. It was just that damn good.

9. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

Mind. Blown.

Wow. That was the best episode of Criminal Minds I have ever seen...and possibly one of the best episodes of TV I've ever seen. I can't believe how amazing the acting was--from all sides.

Wow that was crazy. I never read any spoilers leading up to it--which is a completely new concept to me. While I knew that Foyet was going to hold Hayley and Jack hostage, I aboslutely did not think that he was going to kill Hayley! That was probably the saddeset thing I have ever seen on TV. When she was saying goodbye to Hotch--man, that was intense. Fantastic ep...

10. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I got stuck at work until 10:30. Damn football game. Awesome recorder.

Anyhow.

~Previously on Criminal Minds: The Reaper kicked our asses. A lot.

~Slow mo running and panic isn’t usually a good sign, especially when the team looks ill.

~I like how it’s shot like the team is leading the camera/audience through the house.

~That’s the meanest teaser ever. I love it.

~Oh look, it’s that woman I hate.

~Will just got pwned. I missed him and his apparently-incorrect accent.

~“Kevin, leave.” Hee.

~Garcia is love.

~Bad Emily! I love that she says it and then immediately goes “Oh crap”.

~“Me and the boy” Hee.

~How the hell… oh forget it. Reid, you’re too smart.

~It figures that Rossi would be the outright rebel. Because he can get away with it.

~“You make the best call you can, kid.” Line love!

~Damn smart jackass.

~I don’t think Not!Goetz is going to live much longer.

~Shiny Reid Pwn!

~Ouch. I’m sorry Not!Goetz.

~You know it’s bad when the team is just standing in the background looking scared.

~Foyett, you are a jackass. Just… really.

~Well, that’s one down. Although whether it counts to the episode total from the spoilers, I don’t know.

~Emily hates Strauss more than I do. Hee.

~C. Thomas Howell is kind of awesome.

~I thought Reid’s memory was things that he read, not heard? Please don’t lose continuity in the 100th episode, show!

~Jack is the cutest thing ever. I’m having a feeling that when Henry gets a little bit older we’re going to have a battle of the cute sons.

~Oh my God. Haley knows. This is… upsetting. And awesome. And upsetting.

~The crying in the promo totally makes sense now. Oh. My. God. Whether Haley meant much to the team in general or not, it greatly affects them because they listened to her death as it happened.

~Yeah, I didn’t think that was going to work.

~What sucks is that Foyet got exactly what he wanted, really. Bastard.

~Once again, Jack is the cutest kid ever.

~The “much” is comforting, Erin.

~I’m torn between “Erin you’re still a bitch” and “You helped Hotch; that’s awesome”.

~Shiny family-esque moment FTW!

Btw, Destiny, I keep writing "102" even though I mean "101".

Boo, no new ep next week. What am I supposed to do for two weeks? Oh, wait, finally get around to watching The Eyes Have It. Lol.

11. athens

athens Coroner

That was the most amazing episode! The plot and the emotions showed throughout the episode were incredibly good..

Thomas Gibson is an excellent actor and he just proved it in the 100th episode.

I watched it already twice...Can't wait to see what happens next..

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Sooooo sad. Hotch just broke my heart in that last scene holding Haley -- yes, I cried...alot. I think my hubby did too - I wouldn't look at him & he wouldn't look at me. :eek:

Awesome episode all the way around -- very memorable, & just, excellent.

On another note, I saw Morgan's "look" when Hotch said he stepped down only to make Foyett think he was crumbling -- that comment bothered him a bit.
    I'm anxious now to see how Hotch does for the rest of the season...the others as well. I wouldn't have put Haley under the category of being "important to all of them", but all of them being there to hear her death, her last words to Hotch, and her goodbye to Jack is heartbreaking & I imagine it's something none of them will get over easily.

Ditto. When an actor can make me cry & feel thier pain opposed to making me nitpick at how fake their bawling looks, then they did well, very well.

13. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Hands down the best episode I have seen on ANY tv show this season. I think that Thomas Gibson should be nominated for an Emmy for that performance alone.

I knew that if I started screaming at the TV 5 minutes in it would be great.

Hotch made me cry. His son is the cutest thing ever. Definitely 5 stars, A+ and a 100 in my book. I can not wait to see how this plays out the rest of the season.

14. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I'm a bit sad that they killed Haley, but it really had to be done. Hotch had to be helpless to stop someone he cared about from getting killed. So, basically, it was either her or Jack, and that would've just been really, really bad.

You know, I wasn't sure at first that Jack hadn't seen Hotch kill Foyet. I really thought that the camera was going to go down and show him standing behind Hotch, and that being what stopped him. And I'm really happy with my show for not going there.

Erin Strauss. Good Lord. They all hate her and they all think that she's trying to get rid of Hotch. Which is why I loved Emily's impatience while waiting, and her loathsome "Ma'am". Because she has more reason than any of them except Hotch to hate this woman, and she completely expects Strauss to be going after Hotch. (Arguably, she has more reason than Hotch, too, because she's the one that got the ultimatum.)

Jack Hotchner, Junior G-Man in Extra Junior Format. He's the new Hotch. He's either going to grow up to be an UnSub, or grow up to catch them. Oh, Jack.

15. athens

athens Coroner

^Jack was really cute :D ..I hope we see more of him..

I was wondering how come and he stayed in there (''working the case'') after all the noise going on in the house. I mean gunshots,falling on tables,stairs etc and he just stayed there. I know it was that Hotch could later find him but ooh,ok..I would be scared:rolleyes:

It will be a memorable episode and I hope this is only the beggining of more to come.

It was sad that they killed Hayley although she wasn't part of the team. It is still heartbreaking to know that the woman you once loved was killed by a psycho who was obsessed with you in the first place and wanted you to suffer.Poor Hotch.:(The man is going to feel guiltyyy although in reality it was not his fault.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.