CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Bright Lights, Big City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flackhoney

Flackhoney Hit and Run

Yeah now i think about it i wouldn't call it lying either. I think he trusts her but he just doesn't... trust her. :wtf: :confused:

2. Shica

Shica Victim

There are some new pics over at Belga Pictures... I'm torn between :drool: and :wtf: for some of them...

3. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

I hope they just leave it alone, and she doesn't come back! It angered me when she was in an episode, and then Adam wasn't on that day. That just sucks. And she's just plain annoying. I tried to be subjective at first, but then she just spoke and the acting was bad, and I just could not buy into her character.

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

We have the first hint of the back issue tonight...

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I doubt Danny is even consciously aware of how deep his trust issues go. He might think he trusts Lindsay--though given his lie in "Epilogue," I don't even think he believes he really trusts her--but he has never, ever been able to open up to her, and that's continued into their marriage.

6. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

flack. wow. that's all i can say. :lol: and i particularly liked the picture with flack, hawkes, danny and lindsay as santa's elves. :lol:

7. aya otohata

aya otohata Victim

I really like Danny and Lindsay so I hope they fix their trust issues and stay happy together.

8. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Enough said...puke!
    Happy Thanksgiving I have to go stuff my bird!

Oh yeah almost forgot does anyone have the link to the pictures SHECA is talking about?

9. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

10. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Dit-to :lol: I wonder if that`s from an actual episode, or if it`s just a cast picture. Because if it`s from an episode, I`ve just become that much more thrilled to see 6.11 (if 6.11 is the Christmas ep). They`re going all out with the Christmas theme this year! For the first time in...ever :lol:

Agreed; I think Danny fully knows that he wouldn`t spill to Lindsay about anything...it`s possibly the one thing that`s ever remained consistent about their relationship: that he doesn`t, hasn`t ever, wouldn`t ever, and at this stage I doubt will ever open up to her. Nothing would make him do it. And the thing is, we`ve officially seen Lindsay try everything (well, everything that I`d imagine is currently in her arsenal, and probably in the CSI franchise`s arsenal) so...well, I`m :rolleyes: at "Happy Marriage"(TM) too. In any realistic marriage, distrust like this would be causing all kinds of problems, assuming the couple wasn`t already signing the divorce papers.

On the other hand, if Happy Marriage (TM) is what sidelines the DL relationship, I`m all for it. So all for it. And it`s not an example of poor writing -- DL is a concept, an abstract part of the show that some are interested in seeing, others are not; but either way, the show doesn`t revolve around it, nor is it supposed to, and it`s not really something we have to see every week in order for the show to make sense.

Sidelining Lindsay as a character with DL, however, is a huge example of extremely poor writing. I don`t think this is even just my personal bias talking; it`s just fact that a character is meant to be used, and for more than one function -- unless you specifically created that character for that function. Which I would think they did, only they made Lindsay a regular, have made her one for five years now. She isn`t just an abstract theory; she`s an actual character. A main character in the opening credits -- meaning it makes little sense to see her there, but not in the episodes themselves -- that they not only created to be a fairly big part in the overall CSI:NY story, but that they`re paying to be a fairly big part (regular-character status, as opposed to recurring or even guest-character status). Not to mention she`s a regular character that tons of people have a lot of investment and interest in. Not using her to the full extent that they created her for (even if accidentally) is bad writing, plain and simple, so it`s something they need to fix.

11. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

12. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Wait... why are Danny, Lindsay, Flack & Hawkes dressed up like elves? Also it looks like Danny is sitting on Lindsay's lap...

13. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Thanks for the link MESSERS FAN.

14. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

That has got to be the goofiest picture ever. :lol: I'm bet it will be in some end of the episode montage or something.

It's not realistic, and at some point you'd think Danny would be forced to deal with his trust issues. They go far beyond his marriage, and it would be nice to see them addressed or the root of them explained. But it is hard to believe the marriage is a happy one when Danny so clearly isn't able or isn't willing to open up to Lindsay.

The fact that she's already been absent from two episodes makes me wonder if Lindsay's role in the show isn't being officially reduced behind the scenes. I can't say I'd be sorry if that was the case, though I'll admit the flashes of darkness we saw in the character in "Manhattanhenge" interested me quite a bit, much more so than anything else about her ever has (I had the same reaction to the darkness we saw in her in "Stealing Home"). I don't know if it's too close to or to soon after what Flack's been through, but I'd love to see Lindsay in a situation where she does get pushed to the dark side, maybe protecting Danny and/or Lucy.

LOL, Danny really is always the stereotypical "girl" in any relationship, isn't he? :lol:

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i'd been wondering the same. it's possible there are behind the scenes maternity issues or something, lots of new mums find they don't want to go back to work even though they thought they would so who knows? although also in gfd she did point out she was part time now, that might still be the case which would explain her absence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.