Supernatural #3 - No Chick Flick Moments

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Urban Legend, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Congrats, Ginnna! And now that you've seen them all, what are your favorites?

I think they put Cas next to Sam so that Dean could be next to Jo. Show how close they were and all that. But am I the only one who laughed at the weird face Dean was making in the picture? :lol:

Is it January yet? :lol:

2. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

Did anybody else pick up the new copy of supernatural magazine with the list of top ten villains... I was shocked to see who was number one....

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Jeeze, don't tease us... who was number one?

:lol:

Well, War was driving a red Mustang, so I guess Death could be driving one too... Although for some reason I'm thinking a Palomino would be cooler! :lol:

Also, it'd be cool if Death was a woman... :devil: But that almost never happens. I think the writers think it's "been done" or something. Oh well.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

They should have had Sammy on the end, Dean beside him, Cas where Ellen was standing (sort of in front of Dean), Bobby in the middle and then Ellen should have been standing on the other side next to her daughter. It's pointless of them to try to shove Dean/Jo down our throats in the same ep they kill her off in. :lol: The kiss he gave her was so obviously a goodbye/sympathy kiss. He cared about her, sure... but I don't think he was in love with her or anything... and I felt like they were trying to say that Jo's death affects Dean the way Jess' death affected Sam and I'm sorry, but that just isn't the case. Jo and Dean flirted with the idea of hooking up, sure, but they never actually did, so it's not the same as Jess/Sam.

And I laughed (when looking at screencaps- still haven't watched the ep- people are over and stuff lol) at Dean's expression in the picture. :lol:

5. BabaOReilly

I don't really think they were trying to make Jo into Dean's "Jess". I think that no matter what, they had some history, and he cared about both of them. Plus they were all in this battle together... they weren't the first casualties, and they won't be the last, but some people just mean more than others. Plus, Jo saved Dean's life. It could have been him that was partially eaten (again) by Hell Hounds, but she jumped in and pretty much sacrificed herself to help him. I'm sure he was thinking about that, too, when she was dying.

On a side note, I love how she chose self respect over a final night of fun with Dean. I wouldn't have been that strong! :lol: And Dean's response of "If you're into that kinda thing" was priceless too. :lol:

6. lyric

lyric Dead on Arrival

I've always been a Dean/Jo fan (also Dean/Bela, but that's beside the point ;)), and while I agree with BabaOReilly that they weren't trying to make Jo into Dean's "Jess", I do think that the kiss was more than a "caring" kiss.

In the beginning of Season 2 we saw them flirt, but by "Born Under A Bad Sign" Sam used Jo in order to get something from Dean. Jo was obviously in love with Dean, and while I won't necessarly say that it was vice-versa, I think that Dean always thought that "one day." And after he had kissed her on the forehead and saw how she looked at him, I think he finally understood that he's not going to get his "one day." He lost his chance of love, where he doesn't have to be afraid (as opposed to what have happened with Cassie first time around). They both lost it.

On the No. 1 villain: Check here: http://totalscifionline.com/news/4307-alastair-named-best-supernatural-villain

7. GregNickRyanFan

I wonder if we'll see Lisa and Ben again. Dean did have that dream/fantasy about a life with them. Subconsciously, he clearly longs for a family of his own and they were the closest he could think of. I think somewhere in the back of his mind he wonders whether or not Lisa was telling him the truth when she said Ben wasn't his son. Wonder if that'll ever be explored again.

The villian thing- Oh come on! The Trickster wasn't even on the list? He was definitely the best.

8. BabaOReilly

Yeah, but maybe they mean true bad guy villains. Even in his twisted way, the Trixter was mostly punishing bad people.

I wonder if Lucifer will make that list if they do it again after all is said and done. I found him incredibly cool in the last episode. He could turn out to be an excellent baddie. And let's face it, you don't get much worse than the devil. :lol:

9. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I didn't mean close like in love, I meant close like friends. Kinda in the playful friends relationship... I'm not a Dean/Jo shipper. But I think it could've also been a point for the later scene when they burned the picture.

Maybe Cas could've been behind Dean, almost watching over him... :lol:

Alastair... Yeah, I can dig him as the worst one. He got Dean to break the first seal and start this, so I can see that.

Lucifer totally should be number one if they do one after everything, though. As much as he's likeable, he's still a villian... kinda like the Trickster...

10. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, that would have made more sense. :lol: I guess I'm just wondering if there is a significance to where Cas was standing in the picture. Maybe I'm overanalyzing. :lol:

I'm surprised Cas even got in the picture to begin with. :lol: That in of itself seems funny to me... that he'd want to do something like that. Our little angel is becoming more and more like the humans he protects every day. :lol:

Why did they burn the picture though? Why not keep it to remember their fallen friends? I don't get it. You only burn pictures of people you don't like anymore... like exes. :lol:

11. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I think it was kind of symbolic. Remember, they always burn the bodies of people who die. Since they didn't have Ellen and Jo's bodies, they burned the picture instead. Or at least, that's what I thought when I was watching :lol:

12. GregNickRyanFan

That actually makes a lot of sense. I didn't think of it that way. Still, they should have gotten a copy of the pic first. :lol: And just once I'd actually like to see Cas smile.

I think the closed captioning people are confused. The tape I had it recorded on was kind of old and screwy, so the sound wasn't great, so I had to put the close captioning on. Anyway, they were spelling Cas like "Cass". There's only one "s" in his name. I think they're confusing Castiel with Cassiel. :lol: Two different angels, people. :lol:

My thoughts as written down while watching the ep:

Opening sequence- Is Crowley the crossroads demon now? :lol: Loved Cas peeking around the corner and saying into the phone, "Got him". That was just sexy as hell. :lol: And then him saying "it's going down" and Dean goes, "going down?" like he can't believe Cas actually used that phrase or something. :lol: I thought Cas was gonna say something about Crowley kissing that guy. :lol:

Dean calling Cas "Huggy Bear". :guffaw: Cas has no idea who that is, so why does Dean even bother doing stuff like that? :lol:

Hardy Boys... heh. :lol: at Sam and Dean's faces when Crowley shot the two demons.

Cas drinking all those shots just cracked me up. I think Ellen and Jo were stunned speechless. :lol: "I think I'm starting to feel something". :guffaw:

Dean stop rubbing the Ruby thing in your brother's face! He feels bad enough already.

"Make merry". :lol:

The door handle part still cracks me up.

Cas can see the reapers. Poor Cas and his "huh?" expression when he realized he's trapped in the ring of fire. Lucifer says "Castiel" very weirdly. He says, "Cas-tell" or "Cas-teal" when it's actually "Cas*tee*el"... at least I think that's how Cas himself pronounced it. :lol: Okay it's bad logic that Cas would be Heaven's next enemy. God didn't do this to Cas, the other angel jerks did. They did it cause they're jealous because they think God loves Cas more than them just as they are jealous of the humans because they feel god loves the humans more than the angels. They're all just a bunch of jealous, immature little babies! :lol: I'm sure that once God is found/returns he's going to be very ticked at Zach and his followers for what they've done and how they've treated Cas.

"Dean-o". :lol:

Jo should have stayed back when Dean told her to. Hellhounds are only supposed to attack those who are supposed to go to Hell. So, why did they come up from Hell anyway? Didn't quite understand that. Didn't Meg once refer to Azazel as her father? Now she's referring to Lucifer that way. :confused:

The battle of Hellhole. Great. Where's Buffy and the gang when you need them. :lol:

Love the look Cas gave Lucifer when Lucifer asked if he'd changed his mind. :lol:

Dean and Sam making the bomb out of random materials made me think of McGuyver for some reason. :lol:

Ellen crying over Jo made me tear up.

Dean's kiss on the forehead to Jo was so sibling-ish that the mouth kiss seemed a bit weird. :lol:

Sam asks Dean, "any last words"? Dean paused and then replied, "nope, I'm good". Dean, is it so hard to tell your brother that you love him?

:lol: at Lucifer's "owww" when he got up after Dean shot him. For some reason that reminded me of Paul Reubens in the Buffy movie when he kept going "owww" "oww oww" at the stake being in him. :lol: It was just so comical. :lol:

Woah! Me thinks Cas didn't take too kindly to Meg calling him "impotent". :lol: I love it when he goes all bad-ass on the demons or traitorours angels. He needs his angel mojo back pronto!

I'm hoping that in the end Gabe will come around and ride in and save the day by killing Lucifer. He does still have his powers afterall. And since Lucifer is an angel, the only thing that can kill an angel is another angel. Gabe, come on, get with the program! Be a good guy for once. Make the right choice. For that matter, Gabe could probably give Cas back his mojo. He does kind of owe him after the events of "Changing Channels". :lol:

Ahhhhh! January 21st? But I don't wanna wait that long for a new ep! :( :lol:

13. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Now... I know this is gonna sound really childish (because it IS really childish), but... OH MY GOD, I totally convinced my parents to buy me seasons 1 - 4 on DVD!!! BEST XMAS PRESENT EVERRRRRRRRRR!!!

*flails wildly*

:luvlove: :D :D :D :luvlove:

Alright, I'm done now.

. . . . . . . . . . .

Wait, I lied.

SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!

14. GregNickRyanFan

Ginnna, Season 4 is on sale for 14.99 tomorrow at Best Buy. :) I'm hoping that I can get it. I'm not going all the way out to best buy, but if someone else in my family goes out that way I'll have them pick it up for me... or just take the Best Buy ad to Walmart and do a price match (hopefully). I looked at Best Buy online, but they only have the blu ray version and it's 50 bucks! I've already got 1-3... but I really want 4 cause it's got Cas. :D

15. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

GNRfan, Season 4 is on sale for $15 at amazon.com, AND they have seasons 1 - 3 for $13 each! Since I don't currently own any of the seasons on DVD, I told my parents "THIS IS THE MOST AWESOME GIFT YOU COULD GET ME, PLEEEEEEEEASE??"

My irresistible puppy-eyes (which I totally learned from Sam and Castiel) won them over... well, that and the ridiculously reduced prices.

Yeah, basically, they got me seasons 1 - 4 for the same price that a regularly priced season 2 would cost.

*flails wildly again*

Happy happy joy joy!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.