Grade 'Cuckoo's Nest'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 18, 2009.

?

How would you grade Cuckoo's Nest?

1. A+

12 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. A

19 vote(s)
    33.9%
  3. A-

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  4. B+

9 vote(s)
    16.1%
  5. B

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ yeah not everyone likes to give out keys - i hate it [ot] i give mine out to more official people like the catsitter and stuff, but i don't like people i know having them, and i doubt i'd ever let a colleague have one. i held out for ages on giving my parents one because i hate them being in my house, especially unannounced, even though they asked about 5 times a day. in the end i had to give in for an emergency and now i live in constant worry that they're just going to show up. i'd rather live in a bunker like salinger and not let anyone in![/ot]

woo, my memory still works! but i still like the idea of csi wife swap parties!

2. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I just figured that Danny had been given a key when Flack was in hospital. I mean, Mac asked if Danny 'still had the key', right? Maybe in COTP, one or both of them got a spare key so as to be able to get stuff for Flack from his apartment.
    I found it interesting that Mac knew exactly where Flack keeps his gun and badge while off duty. Means he must have visted Flack's place before.

3. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Charge of this Post was a while back though - Season 2. I don't think we should assume it was from back then.

4. lowey

lowey Hit and Run

This is the first time I've logged in here in months! hello :)
    I really liked this episode, although it freaked me out a bit that Mac knew where Flack kept his gun? Surely a cop would keep that a secret?
    And Mac turning into SuperMac!!! I'm waiting for him to pull out a cape, seriously. He does EVERYTHING! What really annoyed me was, I think people have already said this, but the fact that a load of random cops just walked past the note on the bridge, and didn't see it, leaving it for SuperMac to find! Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Mac fan, but they take it a bit too far sometimes!
    Nelly was Brilliant! I love his relationship with Flack! Although, when he turned up on the train, I was a bit like, HUH? Where did you come from?
    But it was great! Finally a Flack-centric episode! We need more of those!!! :lol::lol:
    And the fact that there was no Lindsay was a HUGE bonus for me!!!

5. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

I LOVE superMac! That scene with him and Flack was the sole reason I gave this an A+ as opposed to anything else. I loved it the way they evolved Mac's response to Flack go from sympathy/concern to indifference to pissed off about Flack's dismissal of his friends' concerns and efforts. Mac is so often stoic and rock-like (which isn't a bad thing, but.......sometimes.......) is was gold to see him truly emotional and a litle window into his soul. :luvlove:

6. raymakay

raymakay Dead on Arrival

I gave it an A-. It would of been an A+ but a couple of Mac's lines kind of bugged me for some reason.

Lindsay wasn't in the episode? I always say I am indifferent towards her character I don't like or hate her. But I think it says something that I didn't even realize she wasn't in it till I read a few post. I never have understood what she contributes to the show and I don't know if it is bad acting on Anna's part, bad writing for her character or a combination of both.

7. SmackedFan1693

SmackedFan1693 Victim

Ugh I didn't know whether I wanted to hug or kill Flack. I mean I was sort of looking for him to pull a hair-brained stunt like this, but I didn't expect it to be this soon into it. I can see where he's coming from, but all of sudden, he just disappears, a bottle in his hand and Angell in his head! That was nuts! What was he thinking? I get it, he misses Angell but I mean really, what was the boy thinking! On one hand I wanted to kill on the other I just wanted to give him a big hug!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Paul Streyzewski is saying how he kissed the vic.]
    Flack: Now, how does that thought process work? 'There's the mother of my child on the ground dead. I should probably call 9-1-1 but let me get a little action first.'

8. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

I wanted to hit some sense into him until I realized that it wasn't Angell's death that was driving him to self-destruction but a realization of what he did afterwards to her killer. Wallowing solely in self-pity would have been simply pathetic, but not knowing how to deal with blatently killing someone garners my desire to give him a hug. But obviously he needed a smack upside the head from a friend first! I get goosebumps whenever I think of that scene! :D

9. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Victim

Yes! While he obviously grieved Angell's death, I agree that it is the guilt of his actions afterward that has been driving him to self-destruct. Terrence Davis (Nelly) picked up on it while those working with him on a daily basis haven't? I don't remember the exact quote, but he basically said this isn't mourning - this is something else.

10. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Maybe because Terrence could relate in a way that no one else in the department could possibly hope to, given his background, since in all probability he has had to live through and survive those exact emotions. What you don't know you don't recognize, and I don't think anyone in the lab had the slightest clue because they wouldn't even think to suspect, let alone pick up on and understand the real reason for Flack's disintegration. I think Mac had a sneaky suspicion that Flack had done something he was having trouble living with, but as has been aptly pointed out, he wanted nothing to do with the details becoming duty bound to dole out consequences. Although, I think the fact that he is willing to bend rules and keep certain things in ignorance is a testament to how his character has developed from the beginning. I'm not convinced a season 1-3 Mac would have so easily let things go.

11. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Three Generations are Enough from Season 1? How does that fit in?:confused:

12. CCA

CCA Police Officer

It's probably their signature ;)

13. lyric

lyric Dead on Arrival

Being new to the show, I didn't get to see Flack and Angell, but from what I've learned, I have to say that it bothered me as well. And it was done during such a powerful scene.

And I understand why Mac stopped Flack. Once he knew, there would have been no way back: Mac would have to either take actions, or carry the secret. Thinking about it now, would it have been fair to even put him in this position?

I didn't see the hallucinations coming, and thought it was great executed. However, once the story behind was revealed... I don't know. I guess I was waiting for a much bigger past-story.

Random questions:

- Why did Sid think of the Compass Killer?
    - Why didn't the thugs in the train simply take Flack's gun?
    - If the Compass Killer had time to place the victim's wallet, family pictures and cross, how come he didn't have the time for the already-prepared note and rope?

14. churchmouse

churchmouse Witness

Okay, I have been reading everyone’s comment for the last week on the episode. Having watched it I have mixed feelings about the episode. First off while I applaud Mac for his concern about Flack when he was missing, what concerns me is that is when Flack was finally tracked down, “Mac didn’t want to know why he went missing and when Flack tried to explain what he was dealing with what happened in the basement. Mac tells him that it was between Don, and his God.”

Mac is usually more concerned about his people. So, why is this any different? His actions lead me to believe one of three things.
    • Mac doesn’t really care all that much he just needed Don back to help find the compass killer. Did Don deserve a little butt kicking from Mac? Yes. I am not arguing that one bit.
    • There maybe an internal investigation on about Flack’s actions and Mac is trying to protect Don, and his job. So if any questions come up about him admitting to killing that guy Mac can say no.
    • Maybe Mac has guilt too about letting Don jump right back into finding Angell’s killer. Don comes to Mac in his shirt covered in Angell’s blood and tells Mac he has to be there, and Mac says yes.
    Don knows he’s in deep with Mac and rest of the team, and he has to win back their trust. But in return he needs their help too. He needs someone to care enough to talk with him about what happened. If it were anyone else on the team Flack would have been the one to say “Hey let’s talk”, and not judged them.

I still don’t believe Mac fully understands the depths of Flacks guilt and sorrow over Angell’s death, and it seems to me that he never will.

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

"That's quite a fall from grace." Heh. Mac said a one-liner of Horatio style. :lol: But, still it made me think of Supernatural (cause of the angels and that their power is basically called grace lol).

The Danny/Stella "you jinxed it" scene was cute.

Mac's covering for Flack.

So the jumper was shot... so not suicide.

Flack hasn't been paying the bills. Uh-oh. Could he be the next guest at Mac's place? :lol:

Terrence saved Flack's butt. How did he know he was there? :confused:

Was Adam chewing on his pen?

Glad that Mac thanked Terrence for taking care of Flack.

Mac is pissed cause he's so worried about Flack.

Stella's black/violet shirt looks like a Star Trek uniform. :lol:

Kind of feel sorry for Eckhardt having to hear/see his wife die like that.

Cliffhanger!