NCIS thread #3 - Shutting up now, Boss

Discussion in 'NCIS & NCIS: LA' started by nattybatty55, Mar 10, 2008.

?

What should we call it?!?

1. Never mess with a Marine's coffee if you want to live

16 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. I need a coffee

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. On it Boss

28 vote(s)
    23.7%
  4. Ya Think?!

21 vote(s)
    17.8%
  5. Shutting up now Boss

40 vote(s)
    33.9%
  6. CSI! No the term's NCIS

12 vote(s)
    10.2%
  7. 'We just shoot men who are un true'

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  8. 'Gibbs, Caf-pow please!'

10 vote(s)
    8.5%
  9. 'Don't drop the boss' coffee!'

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  10. Gibb's Gang

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  11. Talking Jethro, and not the one from Beverly Hillbillies

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  12. There's more to CBS besides CSI

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  13. Never Be Unreachable

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  14. Never take anything for granted

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  15. Never date a coworker

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  16. Always work as a team

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  17. Never, ever bother Gibbs in interrogation

7 vote(s)
    5.9%
  18. 'How'd you get your boat out Gibbs?'

15 vote(s)
    12.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Happy birthday today, November 14, to Brian Dietzen, a.k.a. Jimmy Palmer, and tomorrow, November 15, to Sean Murray, a.k.a. Timothy McGee. Both were born in 1977.

2. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Happy birthday to them! :D

3. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

No problem. That's one good thing about watching all the DVD's and then all the reruns on USA and ION. You get an encyclopedic knowledge of the show. I can even pinpoint which exact episode all of the shots are from in the opening credits.

And yes, Happy Birthdays to Brian Dietzen, Sean Murray and Cote De Pablo.

4. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

I don't know if this counts as a spoiler but just to be safe . . .

While watching football yesterday, I saw the teaser for the next show. It was very brief, mainly a scene with Abby shouting "Oh no!" as all the lab equipment shuts off (apparently there's supposed to be a city-wide blackout going on) and then a scene in a dimly-lit squad room. The team's gathered around a blocky, heavy machine (it's an antique fax machine)and Tony says, "I found this brontosaurus in the basement. Now all we have to do is find someone who knows how to use it." Gibbs glares at him, snatches a sketch someone's holding and puts it in the machine. This is one episode I don't want to miss.

5. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

I saw that too. I can't wait to see it tonight. I just hope my 7th grader doesn't come home with hours of homework tonight. :(

6. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Loved tonight's episode. Gibbs seemed highly amused at everyone's horror of being 'unplugged'.

7. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

Now I'm wondering just how long Gibbs has been keeping that bag of oldies but goodies stashed beneath his desk. Do they even make Polaroid film packs any more?

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Not only do they make polaroids (I know I own one) and film, they are coming out again with them, so they are coming back into the "in" thing. :)

9. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I thought the episode was great fun. It was hysterical watching how everyone on the team, save for Gibbs was absolutely horrified at not having their little electronic toys. :lol:

However, it IS so interesting that pretty much our entire lives depend on electricity nowadays. Everything runs on the little plugs in the wall. Heck, even most gas stoves have electric ignitions for the burners as opposed to using pilot lights.

I thought the Ditto Machine was the greatest one, because yeah, how are you going to make copies if there is no power. Talk about flashbacks to Elementary School.

10. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

^ i know! my parents were flipping out when they saw the Ditto Machine. then my parents started laughing at me saying that i would be S.O.L if electricity went out...it was a cool episode

11. lyric

lyric Dead on Arrival

Great episode. Made me think of Dark Angel. Loved the that they used polaroid photos between scenes.

Tony isn't familiar with the TARDIS? But Gibbs quotes Hawaii Five-O.

12. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Ditto machines and their stinky purple ink....:luvlove:

No electronic gadgets. Took me back to May when we lost power for 6 days. No tv, no computer, etc. Boy did I read a lot of books. Couldn't even imagine going to work during that time.

Gibbs being content to just sit back and watch after the electricity came back on. :)

Whorls, loops ..." I alphabetized them by..." dump....all over the floor. :)

Polariod camers.....I have one in the garage somewhere. I sould find it and give it to Gibbs.

13. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Okay..is it just me or has the few past episodes been bit boring? Well, the blackout one was, I guess, trying to be even more fun and it was fun indeed to see how Gibbs knew how to use the machines when everyone else was like "erm..."
    And the best scene ever when happy Gibbs gives his old comp to McGee in his basement and tells him to work with it and Ziva searching for signal with phone on Gibbs' boat :lol: :lol:

14. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

Dunno Ducky,

I didn't find the last two eps extremely boring, I mean it still a crime drama. And crime comes first. The humor in them comes in - in my opnion - second. Sure it adds to the the series. Seeing Gibbs with the power cut was extremely fun for me, maybe because I'm older generation and I know how these things work. Althought I can't imagine todays wold without electiricity. :lol: God knows, we'd still be living in the bushes. Yesterdays ep I found more interesting, showing how these kids minds work and the interaction between Gibbs and Angela got to me. I found it funny with Gibbs keeping holding of Thanksgiving, although he showed up in te end. A Bit predictable for my likening. but hey.. the writers do their best. I've seen a sneek peak of 'Faith' and it sounds promising. So I'll be holding my chair for this particulair eppie. :devil: Guess we'll find out soon.

Take care,
    Jools

15. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

^^ Yeah, or then I was too disturbed with other things when watching. The fun is so natural that... I mean I like that it's the crime first and not realationships or so (*cough* like CSIMiami somtimes *cough*) but it's so great when you watch seriously and then just comes something that makes you laugh (and I've watched now 6 seasons in two months) I was wondering how much there was "making fun of" [in a good way] Mark Harmon's age, since the rest are so much younger (except McCallum of course)? And we've seen comments about their 'real life' before
    (Tony/Michael and Swiss army knife, dating Jessica Alba. Comment to Ducky/David about A-Team, Jethro/Mark about St. Elsewhere)

Even being young, I don't have every friggin' newest toy. I have cheap simple phone, I had to buy cheap mp3 player so I can listen to it on the train when my laptop has no battery and there is screaming kids travelling as well. But I do remember MS-DOS and laugh at kids who don't know and do not know the commands :lol:

And remind me... how they got power in Gibbs basement?generator?

Oh Gibbs with the kid was great, but isn't he always? It's that different side of him.

Okay...since I've watched season 6 now it bugs me that end of Gibbs and Man was never really explained... just like the mystery woman in the first two series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.