Supernatural #3 - No Chick Flick Moments

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Urban Legend, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 915

915 CSI Level One

Thanks guys now I don't feel as worried, nuts though I'm watching CSI tonight so I can't come back on here until I see the episode the temptation to read the spoilers will be to great so I officaly have to avoid this thread until I actually get a chance to watch the episode.

2. lyric

lyric Dead on Arrival

Your post made me think of what does it say about Destiny vs. Free Will. Did the angels know that the brothers will act the way they did because it was their destiny (and the fact that they did act that way was a proof), or were they waiting to see which way each brother will choose?

3. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Something tells me that the angels knew, rather than waiting and seeing. And what I mean by that is, I think they had observed how the Winchesters were (Dean specifically), and knew how he would act in these situations. So by giving Castiel and Uriel that order to follow Dean's orders, they knew that the seal would break, because Dean and Sam didn't know what it took to break that seal... if that makes sense.

In the end, I think the only one truly had a choice (ironically enough) was Castiel. But then, even he didn't react until (unfortunately) it was too late. :(

Somehow, I knew that was going to happen. Not about Death rising, but that the Colt wouldn't work. And also that it was going to be Jo and Ellen who died.

It wasn't that Jo and Ellen died that really got me to cry. It was everyone else's reactions that really made me lose it. Especially when Dean was trying to tell Bobby that Jo wasn't going to make it... And the end scene where they burn the picture. Oh, man.

Although, about the picture- Dean was making the funniest freaking face of life. :lol:

I really wanted to be there to hug the boys and comfort them. And I'm sad to see Ellen go... I really liked her as a character. Especially the scene with her and Dean in "Good God, Ya'll." I'm going to miss them. The scene tonight where Dean leans in and kisses Jo on the forehead... it was so cute and so sweet that I was crying. :(

Really good, really moving episode.

...They are going to the asylum for a hunt, right? Even still... *hugs them*

4. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

It’s going to be a long lonely holiday season for Supernatural fans. Following last night’s emotional cliffhanger, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) Winchester will be missing from TV screens for a two-month hiatus. So we asked executive producer Sera Gamble to share some upcoming plot points.

We need some teasers to get us through a cold dark December without Supernatural. What can we look forward to?
    We are continuing to deal with the overarching storyline of the Apocalypse. The personal cost for our boys is real; they will suffer in every possible way. This season has been really funny but also very dark. The Supernatural palate has escalated due to the Apocalypse. We’re able to tell stories on a slightly larger scale.

Can you give us some peeks at those stories?
    We have several closed-ended episodes. In the first [“Sam, Interrupted,” airing January 14], the boys are contacted by a hunter who had worked a case that was so traumatic that he went crazy. He’s been voluntarily living in an insane asylum and something not right is happening there, and he calls the boys. So Sam and Dean check themselves in. The challenge of an episode like this is that it’s well-trodden territory in horror movies and television shows, so we made sure we had a different take. You don’t have to be crazy to be a hunter, but it helps. That’s what Sam and Dean explore. We’re also doing our twist on a zombie story. It’s different from the Croatoan virus zombies. These are post-modern with lots of personality.

Don’t they chomp on flesh?
    I can’t say too much. [Laughs] They’re not necessarily bad zombies. At least not right off the bat. They’re zombies that make you think.

Will we finally see God?
    Not any time soon, but people are definitely looking for him. It’s an ongoing quest for Castiel [Misha Collins]. It’s vitally important for him and increasingly interesting for the boys. Historically Sam has more faith. The jury is out for Dean as to whether or not God currently exists. We might be the only show on the CW actively searching for God.

Has God been cast yet? Misha Collins told me it would be cool if it were Miley Cyrus.
    [Laughs] I can’t tell you anything about God.

What’s Lucifer’s next move?
    You’ll be seeing more of Lucifer. I really dig the actor [Mark Pellegrino]. You’ll learn more about how his taking Sam over figures into his plans. And how he came to find Nick, who’s his current [host]. And you will definitely start to understand the Archangel Michael’s perspective. He’s trying to become embodied and Dean is the only possible vessel for him. He’s not walking around in the here and now, so we have to be creative in introducing Michael. You will meet him.

Are there any holiday deconstructions this year, like you’ve done with the pagan roots of Christmas and Halloween?
    We will be doing a very dark and sinister Valentine’s Day episode. It’s an exploration of the nature of love and desire, which can be very destructive.

Anything else you can share?
    We’re also doing a body swap episode, Sam with a human—that’s all I will say. Fans have been clamoring for it for five seasons. The last thing I can tell you is that we will be further exploring the secrets of the Winchester family and Sam and Dean’s past. There’s more to reveal there.

Any Winchester family members showing up?
    Yeah, actually. You might get a flashback here and there.

Still hoping for a return from Jeffrey Dean Morgan?
    Let me tell you, we’ll do back flips the day we hear he’s available to play John Winchester again.

I'm sure the date is wrong when the episode returns, it's the 21 not the 14!

5. 915

915 CSI Level One

Okay just watched the last episode.

I was almost crying when Ellen and Jo died even though I knew that would happen, but that end seen between the two of them. :( Also the colt didn't work that sucks! Seriously that thing never works when you really need it to. :scream: Poor Sammy when Lucifer was talking to him, but we know Dean wouldn't turn his back on his little brother :(. Now I'm super worried about if Sam will say yes down the road I really really hope not. :(

6. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Man, I seriously cried like a baby in that episode. Poor Ellen and Jo. I'm really going to miss them, even though they have only been on a few times the last couple of years... It was sort of like having the comfort of knowing they were there at least, you know?

Great episode! Man. Mark Pellegrino is just fantastic as Lucifer, I gotta say. He was totally cool in his badness- I loved it.

Man, so many great moments in this one I don't even know where to begin. Cas was cool... it was just all awesome. Loved it. :lol: And now I'm going to die for 2 months waiting to see Death show up! :p It'll be like the end of last season when they left us hanging with Lucifer... Grrrr! Although waiting is sort of like biting off a hangnail: sort of hurts, sort of feels good! :lol:

7. lyric

lyric Dead on Arrival

Sort of an educated guess.

"Abandon All Hope" was great. I hope we'll get to see Ellen and Jo again.

8. 915

915 CSI Level One

Okay so watching some old episodes in season and I have some thoughts. Okay in season 3 we know that Lilth basically wanted Sam dead right? Okay now I got to thinking that if Sam had to be the one to break the last seal (by killing her) then why did she want to kill him? Espically because it seemed in the season 4 finale that she knew she had to die and didn't seem that upset about it. Not to mention you think it wouldn't be a good thing that she kept trying to kill Lucifer's future vessel. Okay that is my rant for today.

9. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

The only explanation I can think of is that she wanted to make Sam as pissed off at her as possible so that he'd gank her good once he had the chance. Going after Dean would've pissed off Sam worse than anything, but since Dean was already destined for Hell, she couldn't exactly threaten Dean with anything worse than that. Therefore she went for Sam himself. *shrug* That's my best guess.

10. 915

915 CSI Level One

That is a really good theory. it was just something that was bugging me. Because in the season 3 finale she almost does kill him, after she lets the hell hounds kill Dean, but something Sam did scared her or something and she didn't go through with it. I'm not sure if its just because she couldn't or that she was told not to maybe. I have no clue. :shifty: Yes I've watched seasons 1-3 too much for my own good and I start thinking about things like that. I really need to get season 4 now.

11. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I'm wondering if Lilith knew that Dean would break, though. It might have been that she wasn't sure about it.

But, then again, in "The Monster at the End of This Book," she did try to get Sam to make a deal and call it off. I don't know how much she knew about being the last seal.

I honestly don't know. I mean, it took me a while to put together that Dean woke up/was buried in the same town that Jimmy's from... *shrugs*

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I haven't watched the episode yet, but about the first sneak peek, why the heck is Cas standing next to Sam instead of Dean? :lol: That bugged me. He's Dean's guardian angel, not Sam's. :lol: Sam, get your own freakin' angel. LMAO!

I already asked my brother if I was right about who died... and of course I was. I knew it wouldn't be either of the brothers or Cas. I liked Ellen and Jo was okay, but I was a little worried about Bobby. :lol: So glad Bobby's still with them. :)

And I figured no new eps for December... but there are no new ones for January either?

And Death is coming? Is that death as in the Grim Reaper/Azrael or Death as in the horseman? I think one of them is death isn't it? Or are they all the same? Cause we've already met Reapers on this show.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  13. lyric

lyric Dead on Arrival

Wouldn't answering it be considered a spoiler for you? :)

There will. The series returns on January 21st.

I believe it's Death as in the horseman.

14. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yes, it's definitely the Horseman (of the apocalypse). I find it interesting that he's bringing out Death first. I thought after War they'd save death for last... or maybe that's Conquest? Who knows. I guess it would be cliche to bring them in any sort of order.

And for more cliches, I'm already hearing the Johnny Cash song "When the Man Comes Around" playing in my head for Death's arrival, but I'm betting Kripke won't rely on that old number. I'd love to hear it though! :) Man, I'm wondering a) what Death will look like, and b) what sort of pale/green tinged classic car he'll be driving? :lol: I guess I have a couple months to speculate. sigh...

15. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Yep, a couple months... *begins suffering*

I know, right? That's just how I reacted too! I was like "Hey, budge over, Sammy, that's Dean's angel. Go buddy up to Jo and let Dean cuddle with Cas!!!" :D

Ah, who'm I kidding, that's just the slash fan in me talking. :lol:

Personally, I don't want Death to look like anything. I want him to appear like Anubis from Stargate SG-1 - a shadowy hooded figure with nothing for a face, just something that appears to be rippling black liquid.

Hehe, I like the bit about the car. Given that Death is a Horseman, shouldn't his car be a Mustang? Make it 1967... just to mess with Metallicar's head!

Oh, by the way, a personal accomplishment for me: I have now officially seen every single Supernatural episode that has aired. It's kind of bittersweet, actually, because I was hoping that the older episodes (which were "new to me" up until tonight) would drag out a little longer, fill up the hiatus, but turns out my friend is every bit as rabid a fan as I am and we've been fitting SPN into our schedules a lot more often than predicted!

But hey, now I at least get to rewatch the 4th season... which means rewatching Cas!

Woot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.