Supernatural #3 - No Chick Flick Moments

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Urban Legend, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyric

lyric Dead on Arrival

On the "Castiel following orders" issue: Castiel followed someone's order to follow Dean's orders in "It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester." Which would considered to be a good thing, I'd think. Especially with how that episode was played out.

Why do that, and what does it say about whoever is giving the orders?

2. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

^^ Maybe they knew how much Dean values the lives of the innocent, and knew that he would fail to save the seal. Which explains why they would also want Sam let out so that he would break the final seal.

As for why Bobby would actually trust Ruby there, I think he realized it wouldn't work and would rather allow her to try to fix it because she also was the owner of the magic knife. I don't know, though.

3. 915

915 CSI Level One

So Ginnna question between season one and two since you've seen them both now which one did you like more? I was mad when I first saw the season finale for Season 2 for two reasons one of which was Andy died and he was my favorite not main character :( Also I hated Bella in season 3 :scream: and the person who played Ruby in season 3 was a lot less annoying to me then Ruby version 2.0. :rolleyes:

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree about Ruby. Katie was much better than the second Ruby. But in a way, since they made Ruby such a you know what, I'm kind of glad they switched actresses. :lol: I couldn't see Ruby Version 1 and Sam together anyway. :lol:

5. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Gotta say... I preferred S2! The pacing was better, the score seemed to improve, it just... seemed to come into its own. Not sure if S3 is gonna get better or worse (my friend and I are only 4 episodes in), but so far I'm REALLY digging it. I may end up being in the minority with S3 as my favorite (despite Bela)... we'll see!

As for Ruby...

I'm a fan of both Rubys for different reasons. I like that she comes on strong and smirking and acerbic in the beginning (though sometimes I have to roll my eyes and say "honey, you don't have to be THAT saucy all the time") and then becomes more serious and "sincere" later on. It's all part of being the master villain that she is, I think. It's probably what she sensed Sam needed at the time. She adapted to meet the requirements of her mission and that's an important quality for a villain.

Then again, I was exposed to Ruby 2.0 BEFORE Ruby Original (because I'm a numb-skull and watched season 4 before anything else) so maybe that why I have a soft spot for that version of the conniving ♀-dog.

6. 915

915 CSI Level One

I like a lot of season three to I loved the episode with the lucky rabbit's foot one of my favorites :) Although The Magnificent Seven gave me the creeps espically the part with the guy drinking Draino or whatever it was. Don't know why though. :(

7. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Here's a link to a clip for the episode tonight! Sneak Peek Spoiler obviously!

Space Promo Kind of spoilerly! So click at your own risk!

The show’s 100th episode (slated to air in March or April) will be a big one for Jensen Ackles. To find out why, pick up the new issue of Entertainment Weekly, on sale Friday.

8. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

Thanks for posting it, poster above me! :)D)
    The things I'd do to get my hands on that picture :p:lol:

Hmpf. And I can't buy entertainment weekly here :(

9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I love the show, but I swear if they give Danneel Harris a part on the show, I'm going to scream. I think it's corny and bad taste to cast someone onto the show just because someone is dating and or engaged to that person. Especially since everyone else has had to go through the casting process to get a role on the show. I mean I have nothing but respect for her, I think she's a good actress and I thought they were cute together in Ten Inch Hero, but the thought of just throwing her into the show with the possibility that she didn't even try out/was actually casted is crazy. :scream:

So I'm hoping that the huge spoiler has nothing to do with her. I'm hoping that Jensen might produce/direct an episode, or maybe his father has a role on the episode, which I think would be really cool :D

Hey maybe they'll finally throw in those Days of Our Lives references :guffaw: but I don't think that he'll be looking forward to that :p

10. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I'm with you 100%. Putting people into projects because you know them or because you're dating them reminds me of Tim Burton and Helena Bonham Carter. I think she's a swell actress, I really do... but he puts her in almost everything he does and at this point is pretty ridiculous.

I'm hoping that the 100th is a "big one" for Ackles because it's an incredibly important part of the story arch and he gets to bigger, better, more pwoerful and important in this episode than ever before... but, in lieu of that, I'd go for the grand return of JDM!! After all, both Kripke and JDM have been quoted as saying "YES, bring John back into the story!!"

11. 915

915 CSI Level One

Geez isn't Cas optimistic :lol:

12. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

*chuckle* I know, right?

Way to kill the mood, sheesh! Not that anyone was feeling genuinely happy at that moment what with the Apocalypse reining down on them, but at least they were pretending. Stupid angel and his stupid inability to lie to himself! :lol:
    I have my son tonight... so... I'll do my best to catch the episode when it airs but that may not be possible. Which is frustrating, but not the end of the world (hehehe, an Apocalypse joke, I'm so funny).

13. 915

915 CSI Level One

^ :lol: Hey I thought it was funny

This is the episode where two characters are suppose to die right? If it is Cas I will seriously start crying. Okay maybe I get a little to involved with shows/characters I like I can't help it. :( Aww Cas would rather die then let anything happen to Dean or Sammy. :(

14. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

As per your concerns, I can assure you...

...that Castiel will not be biting the proverbial bullet. Misha Collins is signed up to appear in 17 episodes this season and he's got quite a few more to appear in, so it's highly HIGHLY unlikely that he'll be kicking the holy bucket.
    By the way, I thought it was funny too. :D

15. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I get the feeling it won't be Cas, only because Misha is supposed to be in 17 episodes this season. Unless he comes back to life... again... in which case, he should just officially become a Winchester. :lol:

Man, I get the feeling I'm going to be crying when this episode finishes... I was getting teary-eyed just watching the promos! Should be interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.