Calleigh & Ryan #8 - Give Me A Chance.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by karu_mila, Jan 1, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Jan 4, 2009.
  1. Give Me a Chance

55.6%
  2. The Diamond Bond

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 'Cause He Knows Her Guilty Pleasure

11.1%
  4. Big Day Coming Up?

22.2%
  5. I Know What You Wanted

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Apologizing With Flowers? Calleigh Approves.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The Ship of Diamond Bonds and Flowers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Don't Believe Everything You Hear

22.2%
  9. Don't Mess With the Stare

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. A Perfect Match

22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. slower

slower Lab Technician

I completely know how you feel about having wisdom teeth pulled and a moler or two etc., etc., etc., You'd think I was toothless. :guffaw:

Jesse and Calleigh noooo....way!!! :(

When I was talking about the young thing, I was referring to the fact they would be taking a step back with Ryan's character. He's not that same young Cop turned CSI anymore. He has been through a lot and has matured over the last five years.

The issue I can see is with the writers and producers, who noticed in seasons 3 - 5 Ryan and Calleigh's chemistry. This imo, threw them off. They had plans for E/C, so they had to nip that in the bud right there.

Now I don't know what there excuse is, other than trying to wrap up the E/C storyline, and who knows which way that is going to go. :shifty:

2. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Karu- hope you feel better. Sounds painful...........
    I agree- I dont think there is an issue with the age thing. Its not much. Slower- I like your screentime theory! The chemistry between our pair is undeniable, and they had decided to go for E/C by then.
    (Then again, I quite often feel that TPTB make it up as they go along, and that there is no 'masterplan.') Who knows?!
    What I do know is that I am expecting at least a couple of decent carwash scenes to come our way. Or else I shall be very annoyed!

3. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Hi all,

Just stopped by to say that tonight starts a major event in CSI history. The three-way cross over with all three CSI shows.

I wanted to remind people of a few things;

First, all discussion of current and future episodes MUST go in a spoiler box. It must remain that way until the episode has aired throughout the entire US. If you don't know how to use a spoiler box, PM one of us, we'll be glad to help.

Second, all discussion must contain at least three lines of on-topic discussion of your ship. Please DO NOT come into a thread and post stuff like OMG! Then leave. That's not only spammy, but against board rules.

And lastly, If any of you have any questions, please feel free to PM us.

Enjoy CSI history. :D

4. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

TPTB probably planned E/C, but then realized too late that Calleigh and Ryan had chemistry from the get go. Chemistry ever goes according to plan, so TPTB probably wanted to reinforce E/C to remind us that the direction they were going in was part of the original plan. That's still no excuse not to write more scenes for Ryan and Calleigh since dynamics rarely change that quickly.

Me too... I'll even take scenes where they're working together 'cause they seem to get breaks in cases that way.

5. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

Yes, you are being super nice so if someone here is a little on edge it's only because those writers don't give us anything on the Ryan/Calleigh front. Nothing. I don't watch this show regularly but every time I did Ryan's been either with the Night Shift transfer guy (ick), Jesse, or Natalia. I don't know if it's bad coincidences or if the proverbial dice is weighted against us but I expect to see a ton of scenes with them working together in the future; the law of probability wills it so! :D

BTW, You get a familial vibe from CarWash *and* Sandle? OMG, I ship both so I don't know how I should feel. :lol: (I'll take it as proof my ships are similar and maybe, just maybe, CaRWash will get a hug. Or a decontamination shower. [​IMG] But I can settle for a hug.)

Meanwhile, from a plot-wise POV, the three show crossover was good if not kinda sad and anger-inducing. But from a ship perspective it was just plain sad (and only occasionally anger-inducing).

karu_mila, I hope you've had some jello and ice cream. I heard that's good for when your tooth gets removed. Or is that tonsil removal? Well, in any case, glad you're doing well! Even if I don't visit often I always think of this ship and the lovely loyal shippers (that reminds me of how much I miss the activity that went on in my Vegas ship... *sigh*)

Now to repeat my mantra: maybe next week will be better for CaRWash scenes. :cool: (<-- Yeaaaaahhh!)

6. slower

slower Lab Technician

Well we can't classify them as CaRWash scenes. But, we got a few words and they stood next to each other a couple of times. Woohoo!!! I don't hold out much hope for next week either, its Jesse-centric. Once again. :rolleyes:

There is still some season to go so we can only hope. At this point I don't see much happening. Not even the banter, she seems to have that going on a little bit with the others. I don't get it?

The writers take two characters that have great chemistry and totally tear them apart. I beleive that they get something stuck in their heads and can't get over it, even if something else makes more sense.

7. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Hestia- I like your mantra. Gotta keep the hope alive!
    Slower- I havent seen the last couple of episodes. So there wasnt much carwash?
    There is still plenty of the season to go. The writers have acknowledged the chemistry between the pair before (in one of the dvd commentaries) so it can only be a matter of time before they let them shine together again!

8. Saya_Ray

Saya_Ray Police Officer

Hi Guys, it´s been a very long time.:)
    I´m still watching Csi Miami, but not often...and I´m very disappointed of what they had done to our CaRWash couple. It is totaly different from Season 3,4 and 5 where they had such fantastic scenes together and now it´s like I don´t know you anymore or they don´t like each other....I really hate that.
    The last CaRWash scene for me was 7x20 when she was there for him,asking him things and all that stuff, but for me in Season 7 there were just 2-3 episode where we had good CaRWash scenes, but where the hell are the old flirty CaRWash scenes,the great chemistry, I didn´t see it for years:(
    Hope that will change one day, maybe next Season, I really hope so.
    But still keep this thread alive,
    [​IMG]

CaRWash 4EVER! :thumbsup:

9. slower

slower Lab Technician

Thank you for the pictures. You can definitly see the connection the two of them had. I hope to see these moments again and soon. :)

10. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

personally I see Ryan and Calleigh much more like dear friends that like boyfriends,BUT is not true that there's not chemistry between them!on the contrary...and they have a lot in common,they are both beautiful and sooo sweet and cute!:adore:

11. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Saya Ray- welcome back, and thanks for the lovely banner. They look so good together and have had some great scenes. I miss that! I agree that the last few seasons have been very disappointing, carwash wise. I saw 7.20 (WISC) a couple of weeks ago, and even then I wasnt satisfied with the carwash scenes that we did have. The great friendship that they once had seems to have drifted away.
    Lia Italy- welcome to the thread! It is true that their chemistry is undeniable.
    TPTB really need to work on re-establishing their friendship.

So, anyone seen last nights epi? Any Carwash scenes at all?

12. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

I agree,I want much more Ryan/Calleigh scenes!!they are the cutest couple ever!
    Thank you for the welcome!:)

13. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Welcome back Saya! And welcome to the thread Lia... great to see we're getting more shippers here.

They were working together, which is more than what I could ask for. But the real gem was when Jesse said that Calleigh and Ryan needed to stop texting each other all the time. TEXTING! It's great that they're communicating with each other and it makes me wonder what kind of stuff they talk about...

14. slower

slower Lab Technician

I caught that. It is nice to see that they are at least communicating. Now all the rest needs to fall into place. :)

15. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Texting ?! Ohh, I can think of some things they could be texting....:devil:
    Thats cool that they threw that in there. I would love it if they mentioned doing something together outside the lab. Prove that they really are still friends.
    At least they were working together. I will have to go watch the epi.....