Are you watching the whole trilogy?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 13, 2009.

?

Which best describes you?

1. NY fan who watches the other CSIs as well

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  2. CSI and/or Miami fan who checked out NY b/c of the trilogy

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. NY fan who doesn't watch one or both of the other CSIs but did b/c of the trilogy

14 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. NY fan who doesn't watch the other CSIs and didn't even for the trilogy

9 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I'm curious... I watch all three shows but know that many do not. NY saw a big spike in the ratings, which suggests people who watch the other shows checked out NY because of the trilogy.Is that true of anyone here? If so, what did you think of NY? Will you watch again?

And if you're a NY fan who doesn't regularly watch the other CSI shows, what did you think of them?

2. DetHiggins

DetHiggins Police Officer

I watch NY all the time as it's what brought me to this board. Anyway, I recorded Miami and watched it, and I was a bit annoyed by it. I used to love it, but the camera was annoying me. Maybe because I had been looking at my notes all day for Chemistry and they had been still. It was a bit too 'motiony' for me. But I did enjoy seeing Ryan with the bear. Although, if my dad had watched with me, he would've gone on about how Ryan should have gotten as big as he could.

But I do remember why I love H. He is awesome. There are no other words to describe him. Him and his sunnies of justice :D

But, that wasn't enough to really lift my opinion of the episode. They had some science fails in there. First, salt is sodium chloride aka NaCl. I watched it over again to make sure I was right when I saw they only had Na on the screen. Even if they did percent composition, that isn't right. Plus, they just pulled Vegas out of the air. All, I heard was them saying that the uranium had come from Nevada soil (which it does, and they used to do those tests when my dad was a kid and he lived there). They just pulled it out of nowhere. Oh well...

Sorry, that was rantish. I do like the trilogy. I don't know if it lived up to expectations. I kind of miss the Miami/NY crossovers. Mac and H always worked well together, and I miss those episodes.

Anyway, I guess I'll be tuning in for the last one in two hours :D

3. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Well, I started watching CSI Las Vegas. A little bit too late, as the fifth season was airing, and I just started to watch season 1. The first episode obviously. I loved it from the start. I have no idea, but I thought it was brilliant and interesting. So I decided to follow it, and watch the other seasons after that.

When I have watched 3 or 4 seasons (I can't remember), I started to watch CSI Miami. The first 5 episodes from season 1. Somehow, I did dislike it. I just don't think it's as good as CSI Las Vegas, and I really dislike David Caruso/Horatio Caine. He drives me insane. He's just plain annoying. So I planned to just continue watch CSI Las Vegas and ignore CSI Miami, and never watch New York.

Later, I got the first 2 seasons of CSI NY on DVD. My mum bought it for me as a gift. I never really wanted to watch it, but I gave it a chance one evening when I was really bored. Hated the first episode, but decided to give it another chance. I was soon hooked, and loved it.

Now, I only follow CSI New York, and never miss any episode. CSI Las Vegas sadly lost some characters who I really liked. Like Warrick and Grissom. The show is crap noawadays, but I guess I miss them way too much. And I don't really like Ray Langston. I still watch some episodes sometimes, but the show is not as good as it used to be.

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I stopped watching Miami after Delko was allowed to come back to work with a TBI and I've only watched the original here and there so I had no interest in the trilogy and just skipped NY this week.

5. 915

915 CSI Level One

I missed out on all of the shows last season because of work. I started watching the original first in I think season three and I refuse to watch season 9 after hearing the Ray overload issues that went on in that season. I still miss the Warrick and Grissom, but I like season 10 so far.

Miami I started watching in season 3 and lost interest in it around season 6, but have gotten back into and have enjoyed it so far this season.

NY I liked back in the first seasons, but to me it seems likes its gone down hill a bit. Again just my opinion please nobody jump on me for saying that. I did however tune in for the crossover episode, mostly because I wanted to watch the whole thing through. Even if I normally only watch LV and Miami.

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i haven't really watched miami in a long time because horatio bothers me so much. i do still watch csi but not religiously, i haven't seen any of the new season yet and i'm not too bothered about it. but i will watch all three this week. because, y'know, just because.

7. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I kind of stopped watching the original CSI when Langston started on there, so in all honesty, I haven't cared much for the trilogy. I've mostly watched it because I've been watching Miami and NY this season, but I didn't see how it ended tonight. And I don't know if I have enough interest to finish it.

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I watch all three shows every week, so tuning in for the trilogy was a given since I'd be watching the episodes anyway. :p

9. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

I read the Miami revue just to anderstand the New york episode and I don't feel the need to follow it to LAS VEGAS

I'm watching only NY and I'm not ready to watch the two other. But I hope maybe some of the MIA and VEGAS will stay with Mac and his team even if I think it wasn't the best "characters" episode:(:( I mean no Adam's humour, or Sid no real Danny's behaviour and nothing to anderstand our pood Don, well that's it and let's wait for next week :):lol:

10. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

I stopped watching the other shows long ago. Seeing this week's episodes because of the trilogy has reminded me exactly why I stopped watching them. I'll stick to NY exclusively.

11. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

As soon as i can, i will watch the 3 episodes because usually i like crossovers. However i don't watch Vegas and Miami and i seldom am going to watch any episode of those 2 other shows
    For me CSI NY is the best, it doesn't matter what. And IMHO i would have put the conclusion of the storyline in CSI NY!

12. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I watched all 3, though I usually only follow NY and Miami (gave up on CSI about 5 seasons ago). I found the trilogy relatively interesting, even with a plot that's been used several times.

13. Miyukiseta

Miyukiseta Rookie

I only watch Vegas reruns now. Never watched any of the eps with Langson.

Didn't get to watch the last of the trilogy last night:( I was really anxious to see how they decided to end it, but I had to finish up my history notes.:scream: *strangles history teach*

14. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

I just watched the NY show. Maybe I'll catch the other two in re-runs or something. Although, I think Langston is a cool character from what I have seen.

15. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

I only watch CSI: NY on a regular basis.

I have watched the Original and Miami in the past, but it's been years since I watched either on a regular basis.

Having read certain spoilers about the trilogy, I didn't bother watching the Original or Miami episodes because I didn't expect the NY characters to be involved.

The crossovers would've been more appealing to me if the writers had crafted a scenario which could've involved characters from all three series in all three episodes instead of essentially treating them as three loosely related but self-contained episodes connected mainly by Langston.